Skip to content
Heated massage pads
jennagale76 posted:
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a found a great heated massage pad that is full-length with heat, including at the tailbone area. This pain is out of control, and my small heating pads just aren't cutting it!
Thanks!

spookiesmom responded:
In a foolish moment, I bought one from brookstone. It was about $100 or so. About 10 years ago, maybe more now. It has heat and massage, but was never really comfortable to use. Wouldn't bend into my recliner. This was before he fusion surgery, I gave it to a thrift store, and don't miss it.

xperky responded:
Jenna. My DH bought me/us a heated mattress pad last week. I love it all night! First of all, the bed is warm when I get in, so I don't get tight muscles waiting for it to warm up while reading. Second of all, I reduce the level to 1 or 2 for the night, and my whole body is warm and relaxed, with less heavy blankets too. This also allows us to greatly reduce the upstairs thermostat setting.

I've put the regular mattress pad on top of it, to keep from cleaning it too often.

My DH was thinking about me, I guess. What a sweety he can be.
With Compassion,
Margaret

An_241298 replied to xperky's response:
What a sweetie to do this for you! I would use one in a heartbeat but one of my p.m. Meds causes nt sweats. I envy you.

I do use an air mattress I found on Amazon. Runs off motor (no noise) and you can adjust the firmness. It's allowed this fibro body with 6 herniated disc to get 4-5 hours sleep most nights. That's a blessing for me. It's an option. I'm stuck with old fashion extra large heating pads.

Share a smile:-)

dollbug responded:
Hello jennagale....MiMi in NC....actually this time of year is a good place to get one of the heated massage pads at walmart...you can get them and put them in a recliner....I have used them....of course, I sleep in my recliner....(not by choice though)...but you have to be careful....as I accidently the cord to mine....I hope that I can get a new one also this year...

Take care and good luck....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

jennagale76 replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks everyone! I'll check at Walmart for one. All the ones I've found online are stiff looking. I need something to use when sitting in the recliner. I've tried the heated matress pad in bed, but for some reason I took it back off. Maybe I'll try that again. What I'm specifically looking for is a comfy, full length fully heated massage pad that I can use in a chair. It seems like the only ones I can find have heat only in the center back. I need heat all over. Any more suggestions?
jen

pickowla replied to jennagale76's response:
Hey Jennagale 76,
I have gone through this for YEARS; I end up with the Walmart heating pads, extra large, for both moist and dry heat. I have one for my neck, upper back and one for my belly. Go through them every 3-6 mos. Gets expensive and adds to my electric, but it's what helps me just get through the day and night. If you find something better, please let me know.

jennagale76 replied to pickowla's response:
Thanks, pickowla- I sure will let you know!

jekrell responded:
Hi. I'm new at this and looking for my husband. Try HoMedics (online) which has different styles. Reasonably priced. If anyone else has tried these, let me know quality, how long it lasts, etc. Good luck to you.

1dazygal replied to jekrell's response:
My husband found full back size in home health care/drug store. Was surfing fibro info on site tonight and they suggest moist heat. I'm changing over tonight and in the morning. We got 10" of snow. Brrr and I hurt
SHARE A SMILE WE COULD ALL USE ONE, THAT
INCLUDES OUR LOVED ONES

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.