Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
It's time to tell you why I am thankfull.
MNJeepguy posted:
Well, here I am. I am trying everything I can to be well and pain free, but you know how that goes....I think I am trying too hard so it makes things worse. Uggh. So I tried exercising regularly again. It seemed simple enough. I felt some discomfort but pressed on. I hurt more.
On top of all of this my wife. My rock. She had a sore back that turned into a surgery just like that, out of the blue, realy, that quick. I had to do everything in the household, after work. I am tired now like I haven't been in ages, but you know what? I have my sanity, and I will get through this because I have this, you, all of you guys to lean on, learn from, and get understanding from. Thank you all. Life could be worse:) It's easy with this dragon to forget what is so good in my life....take time to remember.

Dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome back.....MiMi in NC...and I have not seen you post for some time....sorry that your wife had to have surgery....I do hope that she is feeling better....and things will also get better for you...

It is amazing at how quick "things can happen" isn't it? I was doing pretty good, for the most part, when I fell one morning in my yard....up and ok one second...and tried to pick up paper and slipped and fell....broke my left wrist really good....and 2 days later I ended up in the operating room also....I have been in therapy now for a while....it has been slow...but I am improving....I am still having some issues with turning my palm up....and this is required for a lot of "normal things" that we do....opening doors. washing my hair...just simple things..

I am thankful for getting to the point I am at right now...
This year has been a tough one for me...and I am looking forward to a new year and hopefully a better one...

You are right...."life could be worse"....sometimes we take things for granted....until we have to do things differently...and then we realize just how much easier it was...never really "miss anything" until we can no longer use it....and then it hits us....

I am glad that you posted and I do hope things will get better for us all....

Take care..and good luck...to both you and your DW...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

maggiethedoglover responded:
You are so right that we need to take time to remember all that is good in life....family, friends, love, purpose, nature in all her changing beauty, animal friends, neighbors...all of the good in this world. Yes, this site is full of good people who help others, who care.

Hope your wife is well soon. Happy Thanksgiving, wherever you may spend it.

Wish I could just drop over and help you good people.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

xperky responded:
It is so difficult when the receiver of care is forced to become the caregiver! When things don't go well, it does remind us to be thankful for the little things that are good in our lives.

Try not to overdo right now. You must feel a lot of stress while your wife is recuperating. Remember to only do what has to be done, and pace yourself at that too.

Also, take time to relax and put your feet up a few times a day. You will get through this rough spot and then you can increase your exercise routine with more success!

Hugs to you and your wife.
With Compassion,
Margaret

MNJeepguy responded:
Well gang, things are slowly getting better here. My wife is healing well and she is able to help some again. With her out of work for 6 weeks, I was stressed out about how to pull off the holiday shopping. I sold somthing I wasn't using so that is solved. I flaired up terribly for the past 5 weeks and that is finally going down!
I was also able to get back on track with my diet and exercise program. I am trying gluten free again with more research ahead of it this time. I will keep you all posted. Thank you all.

Wolfsong452 responded:
sending you and your wife warm and healing thoughts,

I'm glad to hear you've found some good things in life.

Wolfsong452 replied to MNJeepguy's response:
good luck on the gluten free,

had to hear you're back on track.

TomJust replied to MNJeepguy's response:
Hi Jeepguy! My name is Tom and I'm new here and haven't seen you to introduce myself. So good for me to have another guy-all you ladies have been wonderful-to compare notes with.

Happy things are working out for you at home and you're feeling better. I'm facing rotator cuff and tendon surgery this month. I've been walking around with it damaged since Spring '11. That's a guy thing! It didn't hurt all that much. It became apparent went I started doing physical therapy and the pain became sharp and constant.

I'm currently not gluten-free, but have eliminated flour, white rice and sugar and feel better for it. I've even dropped a few pounds.

Exercise is another issue that troubles me. I can walk 4 miles but can't it through 20 minutes in the grocery store. I'v had to throw out the 'no pain no gain' philosophy and now do fewer reps with much lighter weights.

Happy to hear you're feeling better.
Tom

MaryinMt replied to MNJeepguy's response:
Hi I don't remember if I welcomed you or not but glad to hear things are going better for you now. Hugs Mary
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

MaryinMt replied to TomJust's response:
Tom I know what you mean I can bike for 3 miles on my exerrcise bike but after a few minutes in the grocery store my back is killing me. Hope your surgery goes well. Hugs Mary
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

JBirdFletcher replied to MNJeepguy's response:
I wanted to drop in and say hello too!! I am glad to hear that your wife is recovering well. Major surgery takes a lot out of a person. She is very lucky to have you.

I am glad that with her recovery that you are able to recover too. It is a hard thing to care for someone else while dealing with fibro. But love makes everything worth while.

Good luck and continued success on resuming your diet and excersise program.
I may have dyslexia and can't spell, I may have Brain Fog and not remember who you are, I may have tremors that scare you, I may drop everything I pick up but, By ALL I do it with everything I am!!!

TomJust replied to MaryinMt's response:
Thanks Mary!

At a certain point I stopped asking "what next?"

I think the grocery is such a huge assault on the senses that I fatigue much more quickly.

Thanks for the kind wishes---Hugs back to you kiddo!

Tom

missshortyd replied to TomJust's response:
Welcome Jeepguy and Tom I'm Linda and I lurk more than anything because my fingers cramp up really bad but I'm here everyday and I'm thankful to be smoke free for 85 days yay!!

Littlefox77 replied to missshortyd's response:
Congrats on the smoke free

MNJeepguy responded:
It;s great to hear from all of you! I have been doing better. In my attempt at gluten free, I would say I have reduced it about 90%
Today I hurt a bit more, so that's why I'm here. I have to say though that it does help. I had embarrasing dry skin patches in four places on my face that all but dissapeared, even though the air is very dry right now. My pain is down about half, even though it's getting colder out. I have a bit of fog/memory issues that I haven't had lately either.
The trick is to balance the diet out with enough raw fruit and veggies to get enough fiber and nutrients. So far so good, but I realy miss some things! I will keep on it as long as I can to see if it continues to help.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.