Skip to content
Lyrica
Marylyce posted:
My dr. suggested geting up to taking 450 mg of Lyrica a day. Doesn't that sound like alot! Right now I am at 100 mg. a day and it seems to be helping but not enough yet. It may be that I won't need that much but I am tolerating 100 mg without any side effects. Does anyone take 450mg a day? I know everyone is different in what they can tolerate. I'm just thinking that that much I wouldn't be able to tolerate but I could be wrong.

racemom97 responded:
I am taking 225mg in the evening and 75mg in the morning. I tried more during the day but could not function. It is trial and error til you find the right dosage. Good luck to you.

NeNe_11 responded:
Hi Marylyce...I used to take 450mgs of Lyrica per day. I took 225mgs in the morning & another 225mgs at bedtime. Lyrica did not work for me until I reached this dose & took about 3 weeks for it to work but then it provided significant pain relief for me as well as promoting very good sleep.
I only lasted on Lyrica for 5 months as the side effects were just to great for me. I wish I could take it as nothing else has worked quite like it. I hope it works for you-give it a chance.
Take Care,
Denise

survivedlasvegas responded:
I am taking 450mg of Lyrica a day and have just started on this higher dose 2 weeks ago. So far i'm seeing a big improvment,but the side effects are not bad either. I've tried 2 other meds before this one that i had terrable side effects to so I'm really hoping we can find a dose of Lyrica that will work. I wish you the best and hope you find a med that works for you.
amity

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.