Skip to content
TGIF **ROLL CALL** Countdown to Christmas...***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....TGIF***our first roll call in December....and this month is moving right along....MiMi in NC...where it is cold this morning....but it is suppose to be a nice sunny day....so I hope this week-end will also be good....as Christmas parades are planned in several of the small towns around...and there are always a lot of people there.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest....as sleep is so very important for us FMers....I had an ok night...woke up too early...as the furbabies had to go outside...I was NOT ready to wake up...must less get up...but Sassy gets louder with each bark...as she is the "talker" for the two of them...so funny...that the male does not hardly ever bark...I guess he does not think he needs to...when he goes outside by himself...he will just stand at the door and wait...when he is ready to enter...no barking...I worry that in the wintertime I will actually "forget him"...so I try to make myself just wait on him...

Welcome to the new members who have recently joined our FMily....I am glad that you have found us...and I am sure that soon...each of you will find something that will help you cope...there are no quick fixes...as it does take a trial and error process to figure out what each of our bodies need...what works for one...may or may not work for another...so if one thing does not work....then move on to something else...I know that this took me a long time to figure out...but I finally got there...

I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to control my FM pain...by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well....I take the following...fibro response, (found at vitamin store) Omegas, Vitamin D supplement, Calcium and Super B Complex...plus others...as I also have other health issues...I take a joint supplement...and I also take a multi vitamin...I use a heating pad when needed...stopain spray as needed (found at wamart) take a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts...which helps the body to relax so that I can sleep...I also sleep in a recliner...(not by choice)...

I do encourage to all new members that you speak to your doctor about having your Vitamin D level checked....when is so very important for a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us...and it can also affect other illnesses as well....

Please check out the info under "tips" and "resources" that you will find at the right of this page...be sure and also read the "sharing your toolbox" post...which will provide some good "tools and tips" that perhaps you have not thought of trying...

Here is hoping everyone will have a great weekend...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIT everyone. I wish a good day for each of you. One that is fibro issue and pain free.

It's a cold morning here in middle Tennessee. It was way down last night 25 and frost was on everything this a.m. But today will be like yesterday and will warm up into the high 60's by mid day. I was even able to set the plants and ferns out yesterday so they got the sun.

DH and I got so much done yesterday. The lights were set and ready to go on at dusk. We went to eat, the bank, the post office, a hobby shop and then a nice drive up the road to shop at Sam's Club. We didn't need to drive to Nashville as youngest daughter asked to keep the Christmad Village an extra year and oldest daughter said OK. Anyway, we were all day and got home just in time to see the lights on the house and yard pop on. Nice.

I have to go and give some blood for the cholesterol test my doctor wants. It's my yearly donation to keeping my health steady. LOL I have a Monday a.m. appointment with him and if I give blood now he'll have the results back by my appointment time, So off I go.. but it's a really pretty day to be out and about, so no harm, no foul.

Let me say Hi to our Roll Call regulars who stop by to read and post how their day is going I hope your day is a good one and the weather where you are is nice.

MiMi, I will be waiting to see what Dr. P says about the Vit D issues you ask him about. I was thinking the same things and thought about posting a question. Thank you for posting those questions.

Sorry you had just an OK night's sleep last night, I do so know how that feels. This cold/ sore throat/ maybe infection is on the last nerve I own and wakes me up every so often. I am just about ready to give up and go and see what ails me.

Angelswife, got a card off to your p.o box yesterday. Let me know that it got to you OK. I hope you have all the hats done and are able to rest up abit before the fair this weekend.

Mary, I hope that the snow that your area was expecting was not as bad or as much as they thought and that you are having a good weather day.

Hi Jessi, hope your day is going well and that you are feeling okay.

Let me say hello and welcome to those new to Roll Call. I'm so glad you've found your way here, but of course am sorry that you are dealing with fibro and it's many conditions. Please make yourself at home here with us. Post a reply to post or start a discussion of your own.. doesn't matter how you get to know us.

I'd better close so I can get on the road. Closing this here, again wishing everyone a good day.
Gentle hugs to all...
Linda R

katmandulou responded:
TGIF - Happy Friday!
It's cold here in southeastern mass, but sunny so I'm hoping it's warmer than it looks. Winter will be here in three weeks, and my sweaters are still packed away.

With the cold comes aches for some of us. I'm compiling a list of painful points to talk to my rheumy about. Why do the bees of my pinky and thumb on my left hand hurt, but no other fingers? My appt is the week after Christmas.

It's been a l-o-n-g week - DH and I moved stuff around my office, repaired the filing cabinet, and finally got the new computer up and running. WOOHOO! I'm semi-retiring a 2004-vintage Apple G5, and the new one is an iMac. Some older programs won't run on the new one, so I'll be running both for awhile.

Anyone ready for Chriustmas? I have all my "kids" done - the list is down to 14 (from 28). Once they're out of school (bachelor's in college) or married we stop giving gifts, The "big kids" (10 of them) get bookstore gift certificates, and the "little kids" (down to 4!) get clothes and books. We haven't decided what to do about the great-nieces and nephew (3 of them), but we need to, and fast. Then there's DH - what to get him. The best suggestion from him are: "I need a black belt." "Smoochies." "I want you to just be good." (My MIL always says the last one.) He's the type who buys whet he wants/needs when he wants/needs it. He makes me crazy! Any ideas will be welcome!

I have a small bit of work in, so I've gotta get back to it. Have the best weekend you possibly can!
Lou

MaryinMt responded:
Good morning everyone! I am moving pretty slow today. I woke up several times last night but finally fell back asleep then slept in.

I guess I don't have to worry about getting my house spotless as my mom and Dad are sick and say they won't be coming for xmas. Maybe my inlaws will come and there is still a chance my sons may be here. But I actually wouldn't mind if it was just my hubby and me. My holiday spirit comes and goes maybe this new job will help.

I am watching Odysseus on the Syfy right now . I am a big fan of mythology and supernatulral stories.

Well guess I'll go for now. Hope everyone is having a "good" day. Hugs Mary
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

I have some excellent news, if you didn't catch it on my disability thread. Dad's lawyer called him yesterday and said his case has been approved We don't know when he'll start getting paid, and he's still waiting on SS to call him to make it all official. He said they have 2 months to start paying, so it could be a while before it comes through. Once he gets the back pay, and if he has enough left over after paying off bills, he's going to try to come visit us. I can't say anything to the kids since we won't know anything for a few months. He also needs to talk to his doctor about whether or not it's safe for him to fly. If all goes well, I'm guessing he'll visit in late spring/early summer.

DH & I had a nice afternoon yesterday. He picked me up after work and we went to pizza hut to get personal pan pizzas for lunch. Our pizza hut is pick up/carry out only, so we took them to 7-11 and split a slurpee in the parking lot. I've decided what he's getting for either his birthday (12th) or christmas, but he has to let me know if he wants a kindle version or paperbacks. There was only about $7 difference due to shipping being free. If he doesn't tell me in the next few days, it'll be his christmas present and the video game can be for his birthday.

I need to get the apple cake baked this morning. My 'regularly scheduled FM pain' kicked in yesterday, so I didn't get much done. I sure didn't miss it the last week or two. While I was avoiding doing anything because my back was out and then because I was sick, the body pain & exhaustion was MUCH less. Now that I'm back to doing what I normally do, it's come back with a vengeance. Oh well...my breathing is about 90% back to normal and I can get things in & out of the oven, so it's not as bad as it could be

MiMi - Hearing about your furkids always makes me smile. Pets can really help our emotional health. I really miss my dogs and my conure, but I know they are all happy and have good homes. I think DH may be starting to ease up on his "no pets" decision. He was on the phone with his mom last night and I overheard him saying "that's why I haven't agreed to getting a dog yet." So the "absolutely not" has become "not yet"

Linda R. - I hope you didn't overdo it yesterday with all the running around you did! I'm glad the weather is cooperating for you - it's supposed to be sunny today, so I'm looking forward to work today. It always feels so much warmer when the sun comes out, even if the temp is only a few degrees warmer than the day before. And thanks I've got music going and I'm about to bake...a wonderful way to start my day.

Lou - You're one of the few people I know either in person or online who has a bigger family than I do lol Holidays must be crazy with so many people. My mom did a head count and ended up with 31 people at her house for Thanksgiving, but there were at least 5 I know of who weren't able to make it. Your DH is as difficult to buy things for as mine is. My DH isn't in to birthdays, so if it weren't for the cake he'd happily skip his.

Mary - I hope you're able to relax and have a pleasant holiday. That was one of my favorite channels before I moved to Canada. We have Space instead of Syfy, but it has a lot of the same shows. There are some that we don't get until a year or so after they first come out, but it still has a lot of good ones.

I hope you're all feeling well today and you're able to stay warm

~air hugs~

~Jessi

Littlefox77 replied to crazytaurenswife's response:
Hello Jessi,
I am so happy to hear the good news about your dad. I hope that he gets to visit you. I hope that you have a great weekend.
Sending Blessings to all the Fibro. Friends.

pinkplatypus responded:
Hi Y'all from Northern VA

Although I have not hit a good baseline I have been making little progresses. I finally got to a place where I could resume wearing my elastic bands for my braces.

When wearing them from back top to bottom front it makes your jaws tight & before my DEFCON 5 flare in July 11 neck slightly tight as it is w/ normal people....well I have never been normal

3 Mondays & a couple of Tuesdays I had to call out due to muscle spasms, but I have got to finish my orthodontia treament so I called for help & after discussion of my issues my rheumy gave me Robaxin 500mg 3x day.

The first night I took it early, but still had to call in to get a couple extra hours of sleep before going to work, then something crazy happened......

I actually have some energy, these are not making me sleepy, my mind feels more normal & I feel more like myself - I am diggin this! (I really need ot put in my tag line all the meds I am on for just the FM & CFS)

I have been wanting to volunteer forever (always did growing up) & I have found an org I want to work with (homeless kitties of course) but I am just not physically there to do the adoption fairs or other things yet so I have found other ways I can help right now I am gov so I chose the org for my CFC donation & I love to crochet and have wanted to get back into it.

A few weeks ago when I started to crochet again I made sure I was using a big hook, but boy oh boy I could only do a few rows & my arm was worn out.

I am making tubbies (like a bowl) for kitties to feel secure - they seem to just love the yarn- pre-sick a couple years back it would have been nothing for me to whip out one or two an eve but now it is taking me about a week for one, BUT that is progress because I couldn't even concieve of doing it a month ago.

My cats have tested and approved of them! Jasmine tries to crawl in while I am crocheting - it doesn't work so well & Arianna thinks she can get in the little one but settles for laying on it.

Since my brain fog is starting to clear up I am getting a better grip on handling finances and such (I channel all of my energy to work w/ nothing for the eve).

I am a single crazy cat person with no SO to help me manage things so I do the best I can and I learning to be satisfied w/ that.

I have had several other illnesses over the last decade so I have learned how to fight & do some prioritization.

Hope y'all have a fab weekend!
Missie

fibroinsd responded:
Well...it is a late afternoon..hello...

I did my little job today and I am tired...and convinced DH to take me out to dinner...I think just a quick Chevy's...or Chili's ...something like that...

I am not sure if I mentioned it ...but my DH did get a job offer just outside of Nashville. It isn't all signed and in writing, yet...and there are a lot of details to work out...but it is an exciting opportunity for him...now what will we do? Not any of that is worked out..have to talk to mom and dad...figure out what we can work out..

I have not bought a single gift for Christmas either..still trying to figure out what to do about that...not sure what people are up for..

Tomorrow, we have to go to mom and dad's to fix stuff...so that will be busy..

Well..just stopped by to say hello..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.