Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ****Dec 5, 2011 ***Countdown until Christmas ***
Dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a nice day....but it seems like rain is headed to NC....not quite sure where it is going to go yet....so we might get some showers...

Did a no no yesterday....went to the parade and sat too long in one of those fold up chairs...and it was not a good thing for me...it was good...but much too long for me...(actually longer than in the past)...and it was also chilly...much more than I expected....my grandsons sure had a good time...

So I thought I had stayed out too long....as I was beginning to "feel" a sore throat...but it must have cleared up during the night....as I woke up too early this morning....but I was ok...furbabies heard me and needed to get up also...had to go out...(they can just fall asleep again....wish I could do this-but I am watching Noah this morning)

Wednesday, I will be taking my monthly trip again to court...this time it is in another county...not sure exactly what will happen...since the other court date was continued until March...and this one actually is about the "probation" of the other one...so I guess it too will be continued....

So much going on around the country....and I have to wonder if anyone is really in control of anything these days...

I do hope each of you had a great week-end....and I hope that you are getting ready for Christmas...as it is approaching us and will be here before we know it...so much to do..and so little time to do it...I will be having our family Christmas dinner early this year...since 2 of 3 will be traveling....my daughter and family will be in Spain for about 2 weeks...and my son and family will be going to Georgia..(as my daughter in law's grandfather is not doing well)

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....we are so very blessed on this site to have not one, but two doctors on board...to answer any questions that FMers might have...(see the top right hand corner) Dr. P and Dr. Margaret...if you have a question for them...be sure and put their name in the subject line of your post...and they will get back to you. You can also click on their users id to read more of their posts here...some very good information....

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause some of us additional pain...and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Have a great Monday....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

JBirdFletcher responded:
Good morning everyone. I hope today finds each of you doing well and in little or no pain.

Boy o boy what a long weekend. One of DS 17's friends daughter past away Thursday due to sever head trauma. The current boyfriend of the mom has been arested and charged with murder.
We found out Thursday that the parents of one of the other children present age 3 had kicked her and through her down a flight of stairs. The parents of the 3 year old took him to a state certified physocilogest to varifie that his story was true and to help him to understand that as a result of what he did that she had died.

My bestfriend from Arkansas came up Thursday night. She acted as grandma to the baby and is the step-mother to the young man who has been arested. She brought her 3 daughters with her. The rosary is tonigt with the funeral tomarrow.

I live in a small 2 bedroom house. So needless to say I have bodys everywhere. I spent the weekend cooking so that I could feed every one and to take food over to the babys dads house as they do not have the family support that the moms family does.

We are all heart sick over her passing. She was 2 weeks younger than my grandson. They both use to come over and play together. She will be greatly missed.

With everyone still asleep this morning and the boys off to school I am going grab my heating pad, do some streches get my meds taken. I over did it this weekend and am feeling it. Two days left and then I can focuse on me.

Sorry for going on but, I needed to get it off of my chest.

Welcome to all of our new members. I am glad that you found us. You will find a great support system here.
I may have dyslexia and can't spell, I may have Brain Fog and not remember who you are, I may have tremors that scare you, I may drop everything I pick up but, By ALL I do it with everything I am!!!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday to all. I hope this post of mine finds each of you in a good place, little to no fibro pain and no stress coming at you.

It's a rainy day here in Middle TN. It will be rainy for days, so they say.. the cold is coming in tomorrow. Could have a rain/ wet snow mix later in the week.

DH and I are done with the Christmas spending, shopping, sending gifts away and wrapping things. We have all the things for Christmas out. I will be doing the family tamales on the weekend of the 17TH. Both daughters and the grand children will come by to lend a hand. Tamale making is a Hugh task and I don't undertake it lightly or often. LOL. I will start making the sauce and meat on Saturday and make the corn meal ( masa ) on Sunday and begin the job of putting of the things together.

My day will be one of driving in the rain. I am heading out to the doctor's office for a 10:45 yearly appointment, I already know that my total cholesterol is not under 150, as it had been when I was able to take Lipid. So I don't know what he's going to tell me. I am sure I will be scolded at some point about diet, walking, and medication. Not looking forward to it I can tell you.

DH is going to get me a Verizon pad that is just like the Kindle Fire, except it has a hot spot in the pad, and I can get connected to the Internet. We found that it was going to be almost impossible to connect with the Kindle Fire. So as a Christmas gift I'm as giddy as a little kid.

MiMi, I don't know if the rain is heading your way, but it will be here in our area a day or so. Sorry sitting in the lawn chair made you stiff and achy. As for the trip Wed I am, again, so very sorry that you and your family ( son ) have to deal with this. It's beyond unfair and wrong.

Let me say Hi to everyone. Hope that each of you are having a good day.

Hello and welcome to those new to RollCall. I'm sorry that you have gotten the fibro DX, but am glad you have found way here to a place where everyone understands how you feel. This is a good place to get information on how to deal with fibro and it's many conditions.

I guess I should close this here by sending out gentle hugs to all.
Linda R,

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am dealing with a stomach bug, compliments of one of the crafters' children. This lady brought her child with her to run her table yesterday, and she said, "Oh, I couldn't leave her home---she's been vomiting and running a fever." I politely told her to keep the kid away from me, but we all know how well three year olds listen. So I am a bit sick today. Good thing I don't have a lot to do!

I did some errands early this morning; then I met a friend and gave him the candy jar he'd won at the fair. He invited me out for breakfast; but the thought of food made my stomach turn, so I said coffee would be fine. We went to a nearby coffee shop and settled in for a long conversation. It was nice to catch up with him.

Now I'm home...I will not be doing much until my insides settle down. I haven't thrown up, thank goodness, but the lower end is having a field day, so I won't be going too far. I am running a fever too, ugh...You'd think with all the vitamins I'm taking my immune system would be working a little better! I do need a day of rest, though, so I guess today will be it. I will probably get some crocheting done.

Husband has just come roaring in the door in one of his moods, so I think I'm going to sign off and put my headphones on. Hope everyone has a good day!

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife, sorry to hear that you are dealing with a stomach bug. Yeah taking sick kids out of the house and letting them run around people who are not sick isn't quite fair. "(

Hope you feel better quickly.
Gentle hugs going out to you.
Linda R.

rudyandirmouse replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
P.S. to earlier post.

Well my doctor's appointment went kinda OK I guess. All the numbers were to high for his liking, the heart rate to fast and the cholesterol higher than it was last time and he didn't like that then. So I have to go back on Lipitor, statins don't like me, and have to go on mild form of high blood pressure medication. My doctor thinks everything is off now because I've been fighting IBS for a few months, which has kept me in active.

And I have to drop 11 pounds, period! I'm also under orders to exercise 1/2 an hour every other day, walk 1 mile either on a treadmill or outside everyday, but I've gotta walk. And my food free ride is over: no salt/ salty foods, sugar, dairy and no white flour foods. More fruits, nuts, veggies and almond milk. Well there goes all the 'goodie' foods for Christmas.. but I'm worth it, so I can do this.

Linda R.

angelswife replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Thanks, Linda---I got the money order, so I should have the hat out to you in a couple of days. I want to be well before I make it for you!

Anon_408 replied to JBirdFletcher's response:
JBird, I am sorry to hear of the little girls loss of life. I will keep the family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

CrazyTaurensWife responded:
Hello

Just in for a minute...had a busy few days and I'm in the middle of making dinner. I baked cookies this weekend...finally made the recipe DH's mom used to make him. They took a really long time to make (no stores around here sell ground anise, so I had to chop them up some in the tiny food processor, grind them by hand, and then put them back in the food processor to separate the ground anise from the bigger pieces of seeds. I probably spent well over an hour trying to grind up the 5 teaspoons I needed lol But they taste ok and DH is happy. He hasn't had them since his mom moved to Australia over 10 years ago.

Hope you all had a good weekend and you're having a good start to your week. I'll try to check in again later so I can read what you've all been up to.

~air hugs~ Hope you're staying warm & dry!

~Jessi

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.