Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT What my dog would NOT eat! might be long!
Wolfsong452 posted:
now, I want everyone to come up with the crazy stories about there pets, grandkids, whatever.

sometimes it's good to forget everything else for a few mintues.

ok, I have a German Shepherd, his name is Sinchi Chuly, his name is from an Inca word, Sinchi meaing an elite warrior, Chuly meaning your little helper. Which he is ALL of these.

ok, the other night I dropped a piece of raw chicken. I told Sinchi that he could have it. Yes, I do feed my dog human food.

Anyway, he picked it up went into the living room, then came back holding the chicken. He wanted me to come and sit with him.

I've done this part before. Silly dog, wants company when he's eating a snack. Normal dinner time is no problem, it's the extra stuff.

ok, I sat with him for a few minutes, he just laid the chicken on his living room mat, and didn't do anything with it.

I go to bed, he sleeps at the end of the bed.

Somewhere around 3 a.m. I wake up to find him trying to put this peice of raw chicken in my MOUTH! Not just lying it in front of me, he actually had the chicken almost touching my mouth.

yeek!

I took the chicken away from him, told him thank you, put the chicken where he couldn't see it.

When we got up for breakfast, I took the chicken, cut it up, and put it into his bowl, he scarfed it down in seconds!

what!

silly dog!

spookiesmom responded:
Spookie wants to play with her kibble, bats it around, rolls on it. She has my old body pillow for a toy now. I have to put a few kibbles on the floor, then she picks up one, goes to the pillow to eat. Return, repeat several times.

But when she doesn't like this brand anymore, she turns that cute nose up, gives me the LOOK, like are you trying to poison me?

I love all 7 pounds of her, but she can be a test!

KatmanduLou responded:
My MIL had a lovely English Springer named Molly. She didn't like eating alone in the small kitchen (Molly, not my MIL) , so she'd take a mouthful of food into the dining room, drop it on the floor, and eat it piece by piece - while Mom ate at the table.

They truly are silly, aren't they? More tomorrow, I'm sure, Lou

angelswife responded:
I have a cat who does some funny things. The one that cracks me up most is, she will wrap herself around the table leg and kick it to shreds with her hind feet like it's her worst enemy. I don't know why she does it, but it's funny to watch. She will sprawl out on her back; then she will curl up like a shrimp and bring her back feet over her head to kick the table leg. One of these days I will actually have a camera on hand when she's doing it.

I used to have a cat named Roscoe who had a really strange habit. He would throw himself full length on the lawn and tear chunks of it up with his teeth. Then he would spit them out and look at my mom like, "See how strong I am?" She always praised him and he loved it.

Roscoe also liked snow, which is rare for a cat. He would dive into it, tunnel his way through it, and pop up several feet away from where he'd gone in. Then he would do it again. Watching him explode out of the snow was really funny.

Wolfsong452 replied to spookiesmom's response:
now that is funny, I know of a bassett hound and an Afgan dog that does the exact same thing.

totally funny!

They do keep us entertained don't they?

Wolfsong452 replied to KatmanduLou's response:
I know of another cat that does that, my father's cat, refuses to eat alone, he wants to bring his meal into the living room where my father is, so he can watch TV also,

silly kitties!

Wolfsong452 replied to angelswife's response:
now that is funny, I never know a cat that did the grass thing,, or the snow thing! ha hah ha!

Wolfsong452 responded:
another funny,

this is about the dog I had before. Her name was Ateela, aka cholita.

she was also a German Shepherd. I had her trained not like Sinchi, as Ateela would do this on command, then stop when I told her.

She would howl, she would also do what I called a SILENT bark.

If you looked at her, with making any sound, more like giving your head a flip, mouthing the words.

she would then send you a silent woof! her head would go up, her mouth would be in that position, but no sound!

this is for real!

silly Teela!

KatmanduLou responded:
Oh the stories we can tell (and a few we can't) about our Firbabies!

My cat Mandu sat on the computer monitor while my DH was typing his Master's thesis in the 80s. It was warm and wintertime, why not?

She also made me break my foot. I was getting into the shower, saw there was just a sliver of soap, and got out to get a new bar. Mandu started meowing and rubbing herself around an ankle, which means "feet me" or "pet me", as cats do. I was trying not to step on her and (long story short) kicked a brand-new 25# bag of kitty litter that was just outside the bathroom. Yes I got the soap, yes I took that shower, but it was followed by 3 months on crutches. And this started in November, followed by a very snowy and icy winter in southeastern Mass.

And I miss her every day,
Lou

JBirdFletcher responded:
Years ago we had a Boston Terrier named Magoo. He was a rescue. He had been chasing cattle on a friends farm so that is how we wound up with him.

Anyhow Magoo was not what one would call smart. He would get excited playing with Gidgette our Fox Terrier mix. After chasing her around the house he wold look at the door or the wall and run head long into them.

Being a Boston and eating people food, for he thought he was people, he had really bad gas. He would fart, I guess he did not know he was farting, Jump up and bark at his rear for startling him. He was too funny to watch.
I may have dyslexia and can't spell, I may have Brain Fog and not remember who you are, I may have tremors that scare you, I may drop everything I pick up but, By ALL I do it with everything I am!!!

Wolfsong452 replied to JBirdFletcher's response:
I'm pet sitting for a Boston Terrier, he's a real card.

he's only 4 months old and is tons of fun.

Like today, I couldn't remember where I'd left my cell phone. So I said to Bleu (dog's name) where did I leave my cell phone.

Well, he promptly walked over to the recliner were we were watching TV and him forcing me to do tummy rubs.

He grabbed the blue cord that was dangling down, and
wha la! he'd found my cell phone.

Smart little puppy!

now all he has to do is learn to be smart and not chase Lexie (the cat)

when I'm, at this house I do NOT call Lexi a cat, I call her by name.

She's been known to come and take a swift slap at me for calling her a cat!

I guess she thinks she's a dog, she'd grown up with rescue greyhounds.

now she's training a Boston Terrier.

what fun!

Wolfsong452 replied to JBirdFletcher's response:
now that is funny, seeing a Boston Terrier chasing the cattle!

You'd think the cattle would just shake there head at the dog, and then give it a quick stomp. No more dog.

I know Boston Terriers feel that they are invincible!

Wolfsong452 replied to Wolfsong452's response:
and YES, do not give any bully type of dog, be it Boston her English or French,

whoa! the gas!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.