Skip to content
Hump Day ***12/7/2011 ***Countdown until Christmas ***
Dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is damp and we are going to get some more rain today....I just hope and pray that I can go to court and get back before it rains so hard...as they said we would have a heavy rain at times....I hate driving and I can NOT stand driving in rain....especially when it is so hard that I can NOT see....

I now have 3 large beautiful flowers from one of my bulbs....it is the white one trimmed in pink...I had no idea that they would be this large....I had to stake it last night...as I would afraid that they would tumble over from being top heavy....I hope the other ones will be this large as well....but one of them have a very long way to grow...it has been interesting in watching just how different that can be...

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I do hope today will be a good day for everyone....

Yesterday was not a good day for me...as I got up too early and then tried to take a nap and actually woke up feeling worse than I did when I first woke up...I think I was stressed out from today....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FMily recently.....I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better....it does take time..and there are no quick fixes....that I am aware of....we, FMers, must keep on keeping on....until we find what is right for us and what makes a difference in hope we feel....

I encourage each of you to learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....as the more you know...the better you will cope....it is important to pace, pace and pace some more...
check out the info under the "tips" and "resources" to the right of this page....be sure and read the "sharing your toolbox" post...which will provide some good "tools and tips" for you to try...this post was started by our own Nana B...here who is a nurse...and other members posted what had helped them cope better...

Vitamin D...so very important for a lot of people these days.....low Vitamin D can cause some of us additional pain..and it does affect other illnesses as well....it is a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK the doctor to run it....as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do....

Drink lots of water....water is good for our bodies and good for our muscles...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

In passing today...think about me...sitting on a hard bench...in court....I am blessed to have so much experience now in how the Judicial System works....I am actually very shocked and sad...

Have a good day...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

UP early again I see....off to work and only have a minute. DOING so well after last round of shots. Watching what I do closely too.

Getting snow tonight (just a bit) but it beginnnnnnns. Got a new shovel for DH and I for Christmas, will have to have it out I guess before the holiday !

My DS#2's dog passed away this weekend from a brain tumor, she was diagnosed as epilepsy....wrong...but who is going to pay for CT or MRI.....so she herniated the brain stem and that is what got her (little room in the skull for extra with all of us).

He is taking it so badly, I am in true hospice mode. It is the death of a child, his first child......she was so smart, did tricks and skatebaorded...she was a little bulldog. Only 2 years he had her, so young.

The loss of a pet is not new to him, but it being HIS ONLY and HE NURTURED HER...he now sees my tears in the past, and feels the pain of goodbye.

So hard for me to watch him cry and suffer, as a Mom. Like you are tortured by your son's problems. Life is not a straight path, lots of stones to step on, curves to dodge and hills to climb.

Glad that my muscles are happy and doing better.

OK, just want to ask a question....what is the dose of Mg we are supposed to be taking? I was watching Dr Oz, (who is growing on me). 400mg is what he said for all (forget us with the muscles going on) so I upped my dose to 2 tablets giving me 500mg...I awoke now with 2 great mornings of much less stiffness, I also take it before bedtime.

SO, just asking..........what is the norm? (I know norm is a setting on a washing machine!). BUT was is everyone taking?
I'll check back in the morning. Office Christmas Party tonight! Hope to have a great time and I can do it. Feeling like I can today.................Have a good day all. BREATHE DEEP, drink water and move a bit........................Hugs, Nancy B

Booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

UP early again I see....off to work and only have a minute. DOING so well after last round of shots. Watching what I do closely too.

Getting snow tonight (just a bit) but it beginnnnnnns. Got a new shovel for DH and I for Christmas, will have to have it out I guess before the holiday !

My DS#2's dog passed away this weekend from a brain tumor, she was diagnosed as epilepsy....wrong...but who is going to pay for CT or MRI.....so she herniated the brain stem and that is what got her (little room in the skull for extra with all of us).

He is taking it so badly, I am in true hospice mode. It is the death of a child, his first child......she was so smart, did tricks and skatebaorded...she was a little bulldog. Only 2 years he had her, so young.

The loss of a pet is not new to him, but it being HIS ONLY and HE NURTURED HER...he now sees my tears in the past, and feels the pain of goodbye.

So hard for me to watch him cry and suffer, as a Mom. Like you are tortured by your son's problems. Life is not a straight path, lots of stones to step on, curves to dodge and hills to climb.

Glad that my muscles are happy and doing better.

OK, just want to ask a question....what is the dose of Mg we are supposed to be taking? I was watching Dr Oz, (who is growing on me). 400mg is what he said for all (forget us with the muscles going on) so I upped my dose to 2 tablets giving me 500mg...I awoke now with 2 great mornings of much less stiffness, I also take it before bedtime.

SO, just asking..........what is the norm? (I know norm is a setting on a washing machine!). BUT was is everyone taking?
I'll check back in the morning. Office Christmas Party tonight! Hope to have a great time and I can do it. Feeling like I can today.................Have a good day all. BREATHE DEEP, drink water and move a bit........................Hugs, Nancy B

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I actually felt like getting out of bed and eating, yippee!! I think the worst of the bug is over now. The past two days have been miserable.

It has rained since yesterday morning and will continue all day today...Today started in the 50s but it will be down to 30 by tonight. They are predicting 3-5 inches of snow overnight; then the next several days will only be in the 30s. It will be in the teens at night, brrr. Looks like winter is finally coming.

Husband has been trying for days to make time to close up the camper for the winter. Now he will be doing it in today's rain and he's not happy about it. He was out in it last night finishing some stuff up inside so he can close it up this afternoon. Then he will park it in its winter spot.

I took four sample hats and one hat and scarf set to the market yesterday, and the owner took them all on the spot. She will let me know today how many of each she wants---she tentatively said 10 of each (!!) since she wants them in both stores. I am beyond delighted.

The hats are red with bells, white with bells, red and white striped with bells, and red, green and white striped with a big pom pom on top. They are fun to make...The owner didn't ask for a pom pom hat, but I made it on a whim and she loved it...The hat and scarf set is black and white, and both pieces are decorated with a string of crocheted Xmas lights. The set takes five hours to make, but I will probably get faster at it. It's been a while since I made one.

I keep laughing about Husband's radical change of opinion...he had considered my crocheting to be a hobby, and rather a time-waster. Yesterday, when he came in, his comment was, "You only made five hats? Keep going!" Now that I'm making money from them, he is very supportive, lol. It's nice to not be nagged to do something "useful", like cleaning the house!

Nancy---can I assume you're talking about Vitamin D? I take 1,000 mgs a day now, and it is really making a difference. I still have pain and fatigue, but the really bad flares have diminished, and I'm hoping they stay that way. Life is so much easier without them, lol.

Mimi---I will be holding you in my thoughts today. I hope something finally changes for you. This road has been much too long. ((((Hugs))))

CrazyTaurensWife responded:
Good morning

I'm not feeling so great today. I was exhausted last night and went to bed at 8:30. It took a very long time for me to get to sleep and pain in my legs kept waking me up. I've been up off and on since 1 this morning...finally went downstairs and took a tylenol 3 at 4:30, but it wasn't enough. I'm hoping it will ease up before I go to work.

I've decided to go with a different program since my schedule is making it next to impossible to take the classes I need for social work. It makes me a little sad, but the other program I've been interested in can all be done online. This will work out much better for me.

MiMi - I'll be thinking of you today. Do you have a cushion or something you can take to sit on?

Nancy B. - I'm so sorry to hear about your son's dog. It sounds like they were awfully close. My stepmom's brother just lost his cat (he'd had her for 16 years) and he's having a hard time handling it, too.

Are you asking about magnesium?

angelswife - glad you're starting to feel better

I need to go start a pot of water for tea. I'm probably spending the morning getting my major changed and filling out financial aid paperwork. What a fun thing to spend my morning doing

~air hugs~ hope you're all staying warm & dry today and you feel better

~Jessi

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
Good middle of the week to everyone, and angelswife, I am so glad that your are feeling better this a.m. and let me say this:

I love your hats. Wow you have such a talent! Thanks for sharing the link. Looks like your crafts fair was a good one as well.

As for weather, it's been rainy here for 2 days, and I for one am ready for anything else weather wise! They say maybe snow today, won't really stick to anything but down it's coming. My area, so far, it's just rain. It's cold, in the low 30's. I am so tired of sunless days. Besides missing warm temps I sure do miss the sunshine. I have the D light on right now, but trust me, it's just not the same thing,

MiMi, I will be thinking of you and your son today and wishing you both good luck. I know you hate the drive to court and I hope it doesn't add rain to your driving mix.

I am slowly getting over the sore throat, achy ears and headaches. I still feel under the weather so will make this post short. If I don't feel a whole lot better by tomorrow I will head out to the walk in clinic for some meds to help speed my recovery from this along.

Nan, if you mean Mag, 400 a day is good, Vit D, for us with fibro @ least 2000 a day.

I'm going to close this here.. Wishing everyone a great day..
Gentle hugs,
Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
Morning..

I am still trying to get going this morning..I have been so busy the last few days trying to help my parents with some financial stuff they have going..My mom gets confused and my dad just cannot hear people on the phone..so things get messed up...and then there is a mess to clean up...It is so stressful.

My dad has also been having trouble with low blood pressure..so any advice there would be welcome by me..

Nancy..so sorry about your DS's dog...It is so hard..and yea...so hard to watch your kids deal with these things...

I have not done one thing for Christmas...seems like I am always busy with other people...no time to think about it..and I am stressed about that too..

Hope you all have a good day.
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

KatmanduLou responded:
It's Wednesday - half over!

Cold and rainy here too, they say it'll be reining heavily til the overnight. I have to go out, but I don't want to.

MiMi - I hope the situation with your son & the ex improves. Kids should not be pawns, but it happens, and it makes me sad. We're going through the same thing in my family and it's nor tight. Are you talking about staking amaryllises? (is that how you spell that?) I love them so pretty and a bright addition on a gloomy day.

Nancy - sorry to hear about the dog. I know the great big hole they leave in our hearts when they leave us - even a small dog. When my first pet - a cat, Mandu - passed I never thought the ache would go away. She was 19 and I had pampered her all her life.

Angelswife - good for you on the hat front! I know I've said I'm a knitter, but I over book my needles and I don't think I could possibly create the patterns and knit enough to support my yarn habit.

I might as well head out and get mu errands done. Ugh!
Have the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

Wolfsong452 responded:
sending you a large pillow to sit on while you're in court. Your flowers sound awesume! What kind are they?

Don't you just hate it when you lie down to take a nap, then wake up feeling even worse!

I was at court yesterday, of course mine was the last one the judge did for the day. Even though I was there at 10 am.

I hope you day in court will be successful! and pain free!

Other thing I did yesterday, was go to the Goodwill,

hurray,

got a pair of Lands End sneakers that look like they've never been worn, in fact, I'm positive. They might have been tried on in a store, but no marks on the tread, or insole.

I also had a bad nights sleep, didn't get to sleep until 3 am.

didn't get up until 11 am.

I did have to take my pain medicine and muscle relaxer 2 times yesterday, that's probably why I slept late.

I do not feel rested.

today, I"ve got house cleaning planned, though I just got a call from my father, who needs me to come over and change the bandage on his foot.

I hate doing this! I'm just not a bandage person!

after my house cleaning I was going to work on some craft projects that I have planned.

hmm,

this last part does sound like I'm doing better, as I used to talk about doing something, but NEVER DID IT.

Wolfsong452 replied to Booch007's response:
sorry to hear about your sons first dog,, they are always the special ones.

Tell him that Sinchi and I are sending him German Shepherd Hugs, no bites,

he can have all the dog hair he wants.

sending hugs to all!

eeks, have been forgetting to drink my water, does hot chocolate hot tea count?

JBirdFletcher responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I hope that today finds each of you doing well and in little or no pain.

MiMi,
Sending you and yours lots of prayers. The court in this country have fallen a great deal. Know that DH and I are supporting you and yours in spirit.

Nancy,
Glad to hear that you have been feeling good. I use to take Mg just as directed on the bottle. It does go a long way to help with muscles. I don't have to take it here due to the fact that I drink city water and our water treatment plant should have been shut down years ago.
Give DS hugs from us. I know how hard it can be to watch your kids deal with such issues.

Angelswife,
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Both my boys have had the stomach bug the past few weeks. Good for you on the hats!!! They sound so cute. I just love jingle bells!!!

Jessi,
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling or sleeping so well. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I hope that you will find great enjoyment in your new major.

Linda,
I am sorry that you too are feeling under the weather. I wish you a speedy recovery. Sending you some warm chicken noodle soup your way.

Cece,
Sorry to hear that you are dealing with a lot of stress right now. I think that it is great that you help your parents the way you do. Its a true act of love. Please do take some time for you, so that you can continue to be the loving and supportive daughter that you are.

Lou,
I always hate getting out in bad weather. I hope that you enjoy your evening after being out and about in the weather. Cuddle up with a nice cup of tea or hot coco tonight.

Wolfsong,
Sounds like you made a great find at goodwill. I just love it when that happens. I found a great pair of chunky lace ups a few months ago. They have almost a 2 inch sole and 2 1/2 inch heel. I hope that you sleep better tonight.

As for me, the funeral was yesterday and my girlfriend and her three girls headed home yesterday afternoon. The service was beautiful. All of the girls in the family wore tutu's.

I was able to get some sleep last night. I over did it trying to take care of everyone so today I have taken it easy. I hope to be able to work on my tree skirt this weekend but, will not push myself to get anything done.

My wish for each of you this afternoon is : Hug the ones you love, take time to let them know you care and enjoy being loved.
I may have dyslexia and can't spell, I may have Brain Fog and not remember who you are, I may have tremors that scare you, I may drop everything I pick up but, By ALL I do it with everything I am!!!

rudyandirmouse replied to CrazyTaurensWife's response:
Jessie, Linda R here and need to ask you are you taking enough D? I know that if you get your D level up high enough for what ever reason D helps/ takes away the deep leg bone pain. Also Voltaren Gel is a wonder at helping take away pain. If you haven't tried it, please ask your PCP to give you a sample.

I understand so well the paper work one needs to fill out and turn it.. thank God most of it now can be done on line.. but still a pain in the back side..

Gentle hugs going out to you..

rudyandirmouse replied to Booch007's response:
Nan, I didn't post this in my earlier reply to you.. but I am so sorry to hear of your DS's loss. I know how hard it is to lose a 4 legged friend.

rudyandirmouse replied to JBirdFletcher's response:
JB, thanks so much for the well wishes. I just got back in from the walk in clinic.. got tired of the sore throat. It's not a virus, not bacterial and not strep, most likely allergies or result of GERD, Ugrr.

But I did get a medication that will sooth my throat and keep any stomach acid from hurting it while I sleep.. and I was told the redness is from night time acid reflux.. jeez I can't win even while I dream I damage myself.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

CrazyTaurensWife replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi Linda,

My doctor has me taking 2000 UI of Vitamin D daily. I *think* it's helping with the deep bone pain...haven't had that kind of pain in a little while, anyway. The pain that's kept me up lately has been a sharp, stinging pain on my trigger points and muscle/sciatic pain from my hips to my knees. I gave in a little before 5 and took two tylenol 3. It dulled it, but my trigger points are still acting up.

I'm heading off to bed. Tomorrow will be very busy. DH had things to do when I got off work, so the only school related thing I accomplished was paying part of my fees for this semester. I'm (hopefully) picking up the textbook tomorrow and dropping off a bunch of paperwork, then I need to stop at the library, pick up a prescription, and get groceries. Or I'll pick DH up and have him drive me

*hugs* Hope you're having a good evening

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.