Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ** Dec 8, 2011 ***Countdown til Christmas***
Dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where I had a very longgggg day yesterday....and the weather was not a good thing for me to deal with....going down was ok....as it was not that bad...but returning was something else....as it started to rain...

Actually I posted this early morning...and when I got ready to hit the "post" button...it was NOT orange...and I could not copy and save my post....do not know what happened...as this has done it before...

Anyway...as always....nothing happened...it was "continued" again...until Jan 4....so I guess I will be on the road again....I do NOT think anyone knows what to do....while they run over my son's rights....

I do want to address a couple of questions from yesterday's post....magnesium....as some of you know...I switched from Magnesium and Malate to Fibro Response...and yes...I do think I can tell a difference...the dosage for both is 3 horsepills a day...I only take 1...it is indicated that around 400 is the standard amt or 100% of what a person needs....I will say that my body tells me when I take too much....

Now....as for my bulbs....I have 2 big and beautiful white flowers with a touch of "pink"..and another one getting ready to open....I planted all three amaryllis bulbs at the same time....and it has been interesting to watch them each grow and be so different in doing so...I have another one which now shows 2 bulbs that will soon open....and I have the "runt" of the group....that has a long time to "catch up"....This is my first time of having these....and I hope that I can "kept them"....as I hope to do this again...they are beautiful...I love flowers...and it has been so easy for me...I have had problems with gnats...very small ones....circling around them...(I have no idea why)...

I know that a lot of us are having issues right now....and I do want to remind everyone to pace, pace and pace some more...as this is what helps me....try not to overdo...and try not to stress...(easier said than done for me)...

I hope everyone enjoys this holiday season....as this month is passing by....

Nana B....so sorry about the lost pet....I have been there done that...I lost my dog of over 17 years in 2004....shortly after I lost my dear aunt...this was a very hard time for me...and it was right before I left for vacation....which was not a good thing either, for the most part...animals are like members of my family....they give us so much joy....I do hope that your son will get another one...(as this helps)....I know that I ended up getting 2...(what was I thinking of at the time)...but I would NOT trade either one for anything...especially since I am home most of the time....

I do hope each of you will have a great day today....and I hope that things are good for all of us...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

MaryinMt responded:
Good morning everyone! I have been so busy this week with my new job. I work from 8 to 5 and have been trying to adjust to this new schedule. The job is going well but I am so very tired. I suppose I wll get used to it.

It was snowing some last night but I don't think we ended up getting much most of it blew away. the temp this am is 3. I only have to walk across the street and then a parking area and I'm at work. I've been very careful to wear good shoes with treads so I don't slip.

Mimi so sorry that nothing is happening yet. Your flowers sound beautiful.

Hope you all have a good day. Hugs Mary
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi,
Those little black flies are called fungus gnats. They usually show up when plants are watered too much. I am not saying this is the case with you, though---this is just what I have seen. They like the moisture in the pots and will breed in the wet soil. They also like standing water in the saucers under the plants, so I empty our saucers out after 24 hours.

I didn't have to run off after all...I was able to contact my client and she said I don't need to come. I am thinking I will do the dishes now. I don't like doing dishes, but I know if I sit down to crochet the dishes won't get done, so I'll get them out of the way first. Then I can crochet and not have to worry about it.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good morning everyone. I hope today will be a good one for you. One that will find you fibro issue and pain free.

MiMi, sorry that your day was a long one and for nothing. Again ;( I had held out some hope that something positive would come out of your court date yesterday. I am also hoping that your hear something from CNN.

And I saw on the news where 'our' rain system was heading to the coast and I am guess right at your area.
We finally have sunshine now, but cold. It will be in the 40's today that came up from 20's over night.
As for the info on the magnesium I've been getting mine in with the calcium pill I take and it's a large one as well.

DH is home so this means I get lots of stuff around the house tweaked or repaired today. Not really a lot to repair just about now, but the few I have have been waiting a bit of time to get fixed so am making sure I point them out. DH also says he's going to put out a few more strings of light. When he says that I'm afraid the Space Station people will spot our house. LOL

Plan to start back on my allergy shots today. Haven't had one for a bit of time due to the sore throat. Which BTW seems to be getting a bit better after, ugh I paid to go the walk in clinic. My nose and ears still ache a bit this a.m. but the RN that checked me out said no fever, no congestion and the sore throat shows no sign of infections.. so it's gonna clear on it's own but jeez it's taking it's sweet time.

OK, let me say hi to all our regulars here on RollCall. I hope you are having a good day and will continue to get your day done your way. I also hope the weather where your at is behaving and that your not under any winter warnings.

Hello and welcome to those new to Roll Call. I am so glad you found your way to this site and all of us This is a very good place to come and be a part of. I'm sorry that you have gotten the fibro DX but am glad you found your way to this place where you will find support, information on how to deal with fibro issues and flares, caring wonderful people just like you who are dealing with fibro and best of all understanding. So please get to know us as we get to know you.

Let me close this off here with a wishes to all of you for a good day, a pain/ fibro issues, stress free day.
Gentle hugs to everyone,
Linda R..

rudyandirmouse replied to MaryinMt's response:
Mary, OMGoodness, 3. That seems so cold for this early in the cold months cycle. We were at 23 last night but are warming up to 40's with lots of sunshine today.

Keep warm! Have a good day.
Gentle hugs going out to you.. Linda R.

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife, glad you get to stay in today. I bet you will be sitting in a comfy chair making hats.

So that's what brings those little gnats around, water. Hum mm would that also bring them in during the summer and into my sink? Know why I get those gnats around fruit but have always wondered why they buzz into my sink. Have a clue now, thanks.
Have a good day, feel well.. gentle hugs going out to you.

CrazyTaurensWife responded:
Good morning

I started a post...and then remembered something else I needed to do...that was a couple of hours ago lol

First off, THANK YOU angelswife! I have a bad infestation of fungus gnats and had no idea what they were. I've found a few sites that suggest sprinkling cinnamon on the soil/watering with a weak (cool) chamomile tea. I buy cinnamon in bulk and I've got my last chamomile teabag steeping now, so we'll see how it works

MiMi - I'm so sorry about how court went for you. I've had a similar experience with trying to get child support from DS14's father - the judge either kept continuing the case or kept lowering child support payments. I gave up trying to get anything done when the judge lowered it to $50/mo. I really don't think some people should be judges (or lawyers, for that matter) if they won't do what needs to be done.

Mary - I hope you adjust soon to your new job. Maybe you'll be feeling better in a couple of weeks or so, once your body is used to this activity level.

Linda R. - Did you make a list? lol If I don't make lists I don't remember what I need DH to do for me. Hope you're having a productive day today

I need to get moving...spent WAY too long looking things up on the computer and I'm running out of time to get things done before work. At least I'm well rested! DH gave me a foot massage last night and I think I ended up having the best night's sleep I've had in weeks. He's driving me to work so he can get some of the errands done while I'm there. Then we'll finish up what's left together.

*air hugs* Hope you're all staying warm & dry, and you feel better today!

~Jessi

JBirdFletcher responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I hope that today finds each of you in a good place and doing well.

There is not much on my agenda today. I am still trying to get my back, neck and shoulders to calm down. DH has agreed to give me a nice back rub tonight. I am a little stiff with antisapation. HEHEHE.

I am waiting to find out if DS 20 will have the money to send me to Arkansas to pick up his things from his Birth mother. If so I will be heading down there this weekend or the beginning of next week. I am hopping that the snow will stay to the North of us.

With the artic air already reaching some of us Please remember to stay warm and dress in layers. It is important to keep stretching those muscles. I find that my favorite hot drink helps to not only keep my hands and fingers warm but, it keeps me hydrated too!

With the holidays it is important like MiMi said to PACE, PACE, PACE. Not everything has to be done today. Clear off the dinning room table to wrap those gifts. Gather friends or family and as a group get some of those goodies made up tomarrow or this weekend.

Mimi, I am sorry that court was again moved to another date. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
I may have dyslexia and can't spell, I may have Brain Fog and not remember who you are, I may have tremors that scare you, I may drop everything I pick up but, By ALL I do it with everything I am!!!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.