Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
update on sleep study,
Wolfsong452 posted:
they sent the information to my doctor, they won't give me the results, have to wait till my next appointment which I believe is next week.

ack!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

foreversore responded:
Don't you hate it when they do that! They are YOUR results and you should be able to access them whenever you want. Having them before your appointment will allow you to come up with a list of questions you want to ask even if you don't fully understand what the results mean.

booch007 responded:
Yep, thems the rules. "HE who ordered the test...gets the results first !, sorry......

crazytaurenswife responded:
I hate that At least you won't have too long to wait, and it's definitely better than them telling you, "We'll call you if the results are abnormal."

*hugs* I hope your appointment's early in the week!

fibroinsd responded:
Do you think you slept better or worse than you normally do? How do you think it went.??? I hope they find something that can help you..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

NeNe_11 responded:
It would be good if you could get a copy of it for your own records, too. That way you will know what to tell other doctors who you may see for the fibro.

Wolfsong452 replied to fibroinsd's response:
I think I had the usual up and down all night long. Once I got to sleep, I was out, yet, I belive that I got only about 3 hours sleep. Though it's hard to judge, as we weren't allowed cell phones, clock or anything.

I actually almost got up and demanded that they let me take a long hot shower. Even though I"d done that before bed.

I do know that they didn't have to wake me at night, so that was good. They would have done this if I was having spells of not breathing or chokeing.

Wolfsong452 replied to NeNe_11's response:
I'm really going to try and get a copy of the report

. I think it would be interesting to see.

also good for my own records.

Wolfsong452 replied to booch007's response:
bummer!

Wolfsong452 replied to foreversore's response:
I totally agree,

How am I suppose to ask questions, if I don't know what to ask?

Wolfsong452 replied to crazytaurenswife's response:
sending hugs back,

hope you all sleep well.

missshortyd replied to Wolfsong452's response:
Morning FMily
I also had a sleep study on Dec 5th no results yet but I think people with fm get sleep apnea and I was really surprised that on the form they had me fill out asked if I had fm. The Tech. said that we use our chest muscles to breathe and fm affects our muscles is why we sometimes get short of breath and that made sense to me.Let me know what you guys think.

Linda

dollbug replied to missshortyd's response:
Hello.....MiMi in NC....I just wanted to comment as I also had a sleep study a few years back...I did NOT have sleep apnea....I do continue to have to sleep in a recliner though....on pillows...and I have found that IF I forget to sleep on the pillows....I create a lot of pain for myself....

I also put pillows under my legs...and IF I forget them...I again create pain for my body...

I do, on occasion, try to sleep in bed....but find that after a few hours...I wake up and I have major pain....I also tend to get completely stopped up and can NOT breathe right....do not know why....perhaps this is another issue for some of us not being able to sleep well...

Take care....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

katmandulou responded:
They don't so much have results as they have raw data. A doctor and the technician have to review the info and agree on their meaning. I'm glad you have a a relatively short wait.

I had a sleep study a few years ago. They made me sleep on my back on an awful mattress and an awful pillow. They said I got two hours of sleep (really? that long??) and I didn't have sleep apnea, but they were arrange for a C-PAP machine, which I refused.
Lou

Wolfsong452 replied to missshortyd's response:
yes, I did the same thing, I had to put down that I had FM,. they also asked me if I snored, or had sleep apnea,

duh!

I live alone, ex-hubby rarely said anything about me snoring, that was only when I had a sinus cold.

He never said anything about sleep apnea, hmm, not that I'd think he'd notice.

anyway, Boyfriend who has slept over a few times never said anything about sleep apnea or snoring.

Now, my dog has been waking me, I made sure to tell them this, maybe I was doing something that had the dog concerned.

oh well,

my father has sleep apnea, they wanted to give himn the breathing machine thingy,

he also refused,

he said, he'd been sleeping like this his whole life why bother now? duh, father you went for the study didn't you?

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.