Skip to content
Using ginseng and royal jelly for treatment!
peaceofmindyoga posted:
Hello, I am a 39 year old female who has suffered from fibromyalgia all my life. Two and a half months ago I started taking Nautures Bounty Ginseng Complex plus Royal Jelly for energy. I immediately noticed a decrease in my pain and had a healthy energy without the jitters. I have been on Zoloft 100mg for 6 years and Cymbalta 60mg for 3 years, After a week on the ginseng I felt so good I thought I would try weaning myself off of my medicine. With the help of my physician and pharmacist I am now totally off of the Zoloft and on 10mg of Cymbalta (divided 30mg capsules by 3). The ginseng has really helped with the process of withdrawing from these meds. (I was unable to come off of them in the past.) My question for you is how long can I take the ginseng daily. I was told to take a month off after using it for 3 months. I am concerned because in the mornings I wake up still stiff and hurting, but within an hour of taking the ginseng, I feel great! Also, do you know of any studies that have been done on fibromyalgia and ginseng? I really believe this is "the best I have ever felt" and would like to see some scientific evidence that this could be used to treat fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.

1wareaglefan responded:
Wow! That sounds great! I'm so glad it's worked that well for you. I may have to give it a try, although it may be in my vitamin.

Anyway, thanks for sharing about that!

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome.....MiMi in NC.....I have done some research on this....since I read your post....and I had to go to the vitamin store today anyway.....so I decided to pick up a bottle of the royal jelly capsules....kinda pricey...but IF they work...then it will be worth it....I also have chronic fatigue....no energy hardly ever...and I HATE it....I have tried numerous "supplements" and have so far found nothing which I felt worked for me....so I am now waiting to see if I am going to be accepted into a clinical trial....

What I read was very "positive things" about it...I also read that one has to be careful of what kind they are taking....now...I do happen to know that this does make a difference....and perhaps it is why the ones I bought was more....I will see though...

Thanks so much for sharing this...and I will update you on how it goes for me...

I am one of the FMers here who rely on vitamins and supplements and doing other things to control my FM pain....and so far...they have worked...

Take care....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

peaceofmindyoga replied to dollbug's response:
Hello MiMi, sorry I have not responded until now, been busy with the Holidays! I was wondering how you are feeling and if you have noticed any difference yet? I get my royal jelly through Durhams Bee Farm and it is very reasonably priced, no middle man to up the prices! You can get it from Amazon or directly from them online. They sell the Queens Delight which has the royal jelly, bee pollen and propolis. I tried going off the ginseng and just doing the bee product but I still had the pain and not as much energy. I am now totally off the Cymbalta and having fibro fog in a terrible way today, so I hope this is making sense. Take care and God Bless!

deansmimi replied to peaceofmindyoga's response:
From deansmimi

What potency do you take of each the Royal jelly and the Ginsing? I too like to go with the supplements, but as yet, haven't found any that help with the pain. I still take 4 vicodin
(75/750) a day, and would like to get off them, although they are the only thing that help with the pain so far. Your remedy sounds very promising. Good luck and God Bless!

dollbug replied to peaceofmindyoga's response:
Hello.....MiMi in NC....since I have just started it....I can NOT really tell a BIG difference yet...but I really do NOT expect to...as it does take my body time to adjust to anything new....I do NOT have much pain...unless I cross my line...I have learned how to "control the FM pain" by also taking vitamins and supplements....it is the chronic fatigue that I am dealing with....

So I do hope this will help...

I will let you know...

Again...thanks for sharing...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

peaceofmindyoga replied to deansmimi's response:
I take "Nature's Bounty" Brand of Ginseng Complex Plus Royal Jelly. It has a combination of vit B-12 30 mcg, Panax Ginseng 300mg, American Ginseng 100mg, Chinese Red Ginseng 50mg, and Royal Jelly 2 mg. I only paid $9 or $10 for the bottle of 75 and I take 2 a day. I will caution though, it can raise blood pressure. I started having anxiety and the doctor said it can build up in the tissues and to take a break from it for a month or so. I am now off all medicine and supplements and trying to detox my body with all natural foods and lots of water. The first 3 days were terrible, today is a little better. I am a Christian and from what I can tell, you are too. Let's pray for each other. The power of prayer is what we need!!!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.