Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Husband died suddenly last night
DakotaWilsonFM posted:
I know you all don't know my situation... I have been married 12 years yesterday... yet he was in Ohio and I have been with my children... I can=me visiting and got illo after finding out he had an affair with a woman he had an affair with twice but this time had a child with... So I started my visits with my children and got ill and now neither of us could travel to reunite... He was suppose to return here on the 27 for the rest of winter but the dr said no...

He had a migraine and went to bed early last night... His roommate went out leaving him and his daughter together and stopped in his room to find him passed away in his sleep...

I got the phone call at 5 this morning... I will never see my husband again... And I am not healthy enough for an emergency trip to Ohio... And with Christmas Expenditures money doesn't make it... But we talked about that and what we would do if something happened to one of us...

I feel drained already... Every time I open my mouth to say something I cry... I know I shouldn't... We both want our deaths celebrated and not mourned... well... we gave each other a day of mourning and I have today... then a life time of celebration... Celebrate our love that we shared... our good times and bad... the fact that he is not in such nasty pain anymore... and he will never suffer again... and I do believe he will never leave me and will be a whole man with no prosthetic now... so he willl be happy again...

My Darling Boo...
My Best Friend...
My Grizzley Too...
You Are In Another World...
Please Wait on me...
And Remember...
I Love You Forever And Ever...

Thanks for listening... love Jan...
FirstPrevious12NextLast

MaryinMt responded:
Oh Jan I am so sorry for your loss. Words can;'t express enough . I am sending you gentle hugs and prayers your way. Mary
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

xperky responded:
Jan, I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I know you wanted so much to get back together and support each other. I also know you have been a tremendous support for him over the phone, during his recent illness. I hope you find some comfort in knowing you helped him all you could.

Now you must allow your emotions to flow, but also take extremely good care of yourself so your body does not get too tired. Keep us posted on how you are doing and share your thoughts if it helps you through this most difficult time.

My condolences and warm hugs to you.
With Compassion,
Margaret

kylersnanna7 responded:
Jan,
I too am so sorry for your terrible loss. I will say a prayer for you that God will give you peace in this difficult time. If you need to talk, anytime we are here for you. I know the dys, weeks & months ahead will be up & down so feel free to talk!!

I too am sending you hugs and praying for peace for you.

Diane

angelswife replied to kylersnanna7's response:
Oh, Jan---I am so sorry. Please keep that special shawl wrapped tight around you and know that God and I are both holding you tight. You are in my thoughts and prayers...XO. ((((HUGS))))

rudyandirmouse responded:
Jan, I am so sorry the hear your news. Let me extend my condolences and prayers to you and your family.

God in in goodness will provide you peace and comfort in this your time of sadness.

As you mentioned God in his mercy reached down and took your DH up and out of his pain and had made him whole again. In that knowledge alone there is grace and peace.

Linda R.

NeNe_11 responded:
Jan,
So very sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.
Denise

squarley responded:
So sorry Jan,I lost a husband ,he was just 27 ,he went to bed and never woke up ,my heart goes out to you and i will pray for peace for you ,please know we care and if you need to talk we will listen,light hugs ,squarley

1wareaglefan responded:
Oh, Dear Jan...I want you to know how sorry I am for your loss. Words can't even express how sorry I feel. I, too, am praying that the God of all comfort will wrap you in His arms with His love and peace. Let Him carry you through this time.

Like the others have said, we're here for you!

Blessings, Elizabeth

foreversore responded:
Jan, my deepest condolences go out to you. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs)))

Dollbug responded:
Hello Jan.....MiMi in NC....sympathy to you and your family.....and I think that losing a loved one around the holiday makes it so much worse.

Prayers and thoughts are with you....

Take care..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

keeperofthegate responded:
Dear jan, we are all here feeling your grief. I lost 4 loved ones in two yrs. it's very, very hard. What can we say to make it better other then we are here for you and will listen and respond the best we can no matter your mood in the post.

It was more then a year before I got sleep or didn't cry every day. I'd like you to call and see your Dr. They can offer something to help you get a little sleep or the stress will take you to a long hard flare up.

I just began to doubt the small amount of faith I had and scream "WHY" next came the what ifs. All it did was get me worked up and I ended in the hospital.

When your a little better go looking for photos and cards of your time together. Only happy loving ones since I Belive you said there was an issue. Put together a memory album. It will hurt but also bring back blessed times in your life. You can hold it cry whatever but as time goes by it will remind you of the good times. ( it will also keep you busy, giving a small break from your heartache).

We are all sadden by this event but I also feel a sense of warmth that you would share it here with us. You must have many friends here and willing to trust the newbies.

My thoughts are with you. I'm hyper sensitive so I did shed tears when I read the post.

I wish you inner peace soon and please try a grief meditation. It can help your sprit let go of your grief. I don't want to here you had a relapse next.

In honor of your husbands life I wish you peace of sprit, heart, soul and mind.

Much kindness being sent your way in a gentle hug
Sending understanding and a smile your way. :-)

Booch007 responded:
Jan, as on FB I am hugging you. My heart goes out to you. Life is so complicated and we always (no matter how good) have regrets in the decisions we make. I know he regretted some of his.

He is at peace now, how great that God said *come in his sleep..........how gentle an exit. We can only wish we will be as lucky in our last moments.

He is with you more now that he is gone, right? Always there for a comment or conversation. He is only a thought away.

My hugs and condolencenses. Nancy B

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Gentle hugs to you, Jan.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and hope that you have support around you at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Take care of yourself,
Amelia (filling in for the lovely Caprice)

KatmanduLou responded:
Jan -
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope remembering his love for you will get you through this time.
Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.