Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Sharing Fibro info I found!
    Deansmimi posted:
    Hi All & Happy New Year! I found a couple of very interesting sites,
    that I think will be interesting for you to check out. One is :
    chestercountyfibrorelief.com
    and I wonder if anyone has heard about "Familial Mediterranean fever"
    I found this by chance while looking up a medication for my mailman's
    Mother. He said she has been on "Colcrys"-generic is "colchicine', and he said she is improving on it with her pain from fibro. I have to see him Tuesday to tell him that he must have missunderstood her
    diagnosis. She must have "FMF." I researched, and the only way you
    will improve your sympttoms, is if you actually have gout or FMF. I
    also read reviews, and ffound people with all my own symptoms asked
    her Dr. if a 30 day supply of the medicine would hurt her if she didn.t
    have it, and he said. "No". She took it and her symptoms improved.
    She had been diagnosed with fibro, but has the Familial Mediterranean Fever. It is from past generations of ancestors in the
    family. Either google the medication or the FMFto check it out. The only test you can have is a dna test, and it was said that it may not shoe if it's from too far back. I'm going to ask my Dr. to try me on a 30 day supply. The review said that the woman tried 3 different Dr.'s before success. chestercountyfibrorelief.com is also very exciting.

God Bless All, and Happy New Year

deansmimi

Deansmimi responded:
    On chestercountyfibrorelief.com you'll find that this therapy is a no drug therapy, that has been successful at
    many fibro patients going into remission. Reads the reviews, they are something else!

God Bless!
    deansmimi

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
    Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    403 of 430 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.