Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stomach problems?
Soophie posted:
Hello Everyone!! I haven't posted here in a while! I was just curious if any of you suffer with daily stomach problems? I starting to wonder if I have stomach cancer? Every single day I have bad nausuea, stomach cramping, sour stomach, the feeling that someone kicked me in the stomach? I do have GERD, IBS, but it just seems like its getting worse everyday, and its getting harder and harder for me to stay awake because I am feeling so sickly!! I have tried taking probiotics, cut sugar mostly out of my diet, I take nexium for the GERD, but nothing seems to help. All I want to do is feel normal again. My NP is not much help, I just met my new PCP, because I have major anxiety, depression its his view that its all in my head, I need to see a shrink, which I already do!! I don't want to die, but sometimes it seems like its the only way to kill this pain!! I don't mean suicide either. Just not to wake up anymore! Its killed my life! This Fibro thing!! Hope all of you are doing well. Michelle

squarley responded:
So sorry your so sick, I have all you have and I am sick like that a lot ,make sure your doctor does a scope and ultra sound.It can be your gerd and it can last for weeks I would get up every morning sick, then your anxiety kicks in and your sick all day at least that HOW IT WORKS WITH ME ,I TO WAS SCARED THAT'S WHY I GOT SCOPED AND ULTRA SOUND OF MY GALL BLADDER STOMACH AND PANKEROUS, MAY NOT HAVE SPELLED THAT RIGHT. I do to have gasritis to, I hope you get relieve soon work with your dr.,but i do feel sick alot like you I have for years ,I take Prevaid the one that melt in your mouth,there the only ones that help me,ask your doctor they worked really well,I could not take the others they made me sicker.,I still fight it all but not as bad I have to take xanx for my anxiety,i have that very bad to and FM can cause all this to ,so hang in there,i am here if you need to talk, soft hugs, Squarley

fibroinsd responded:
I did have so many stomach issues..and all that IBS stuff...but ever since I went on Medifast Diet Plan, I cannot tell you how much better it is...SO SO much better...I think for me, the thing that made the difference, is basically giving up coffee....It hasn't been easy..I love coffee..and I still do drink some occasionally, but I don't get up in the morning and have that first cup of coffee..I often do have a cup of tea...but getting rid of the coffee has made a big difference for me...
Do you think there is a food item that might be affecting you?

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

katmandulou responded:
Soophie - it's good to see you again!

I'm starting to have gall bladder symptoms. My little sister had hers removed a couple of years ago, Mom did, Nana before her, it's a family thing. My most annoying problem is on the 'other' end, where there's a weekly logjam, to put it amusingly. ha ha

Can you change your health team? My rheumy is great, and his PA is a joy. Every time I see one of them I'm grateful, and it makes me angry that everyone who comes here can't have them as their doc/PA team. But then they wouldn't have the time for me...
Lou

1dazygal responded:
I wake up from ANY amount of sleep with these symptoms. I've had gall bladder surgery and have GERD, IBS Gastreoparisis (sp? Your stomach doesn't empty in the normal time) and a hiatal hernia.

If I eat anything other then small meals I'm doubled over in pain and start throwing up all the rest of the day. I suffer so much nausea I was taught to give myself my own shots.

Your not taking any Meds on an empty stomach that needs to be taken with food?

I am now on Zegrid 2x a day and I've not had reflux since this change.

You could have gastritis which is like inflammation in the tummy, maybe even an ulcer.

Time to call the Dr.

I also rarely drink any beverage with caffeine in it. That includes most teas also. If you take something like Nexium don't take anything like tums within several hours of your Meds.

Good luck in fixing this riddle!
SHARE A SMILE WE COULD ALL USE ONE, THAT
INCLUDES OUR LOVED ONES

xperky responded:
Hi Michelle, nice to meet you.

I too, suffer from frequent bouts of nausea and abdominal pain. It really is crippling when it happens. My "spells" seem to come on days I have pushed myself too much. They include sudden nausea, feeling very cold all over, feeling extra achey all over, and feeling very tired. Shuts me down.

Some days I'll wake up mildly nauseous and with a headache. It's hard to get up, but moving around seems to help with the morning nausea.

When I stand to do the dishes after a meal, my abdomen gets very achey, and it's hard to keep standing. Smaller meals are easier on me there.

Does this all sound familiar? It's awful, and I feel for you and anyone who suffers from nausea.

One miracle drug for me is prochlorperazine. One tablet, when bad nausea hits, and in 15 minutes I'm much better. You might ask your dr to try it for you.

Life really is a stuggle with FM! Anxiety and depression are rough too. I hope you will find some relief. I, of course, don't think "it's all in your head." I hope you continue to look for a good FM doctor.

My rheumatologist is helpful and understanding. He recognizes my struggles with depression and anxiety, but doesn't blame all the physical symptoms on them. He agrees that stress is my enemy, both mentally and physically. I hope you can find a doctor to treat your physical needs as well as your psychological needs.

Feel better soon.
With Compassion,
Margaret

squarley replied to xperky's response:
Margaret you sound just like me I feel like that right now ,now i know it is my FM causing it ,so much pain so little relieve ,I am walking around the house now saying some body shot me so tired of this ,will right down that med you take for nausea. This helps every one ,knowing were not alone, hope to every one that today becomes a better day, soft hugs ,Squarley

1dazygal responded:
ProChlorperazine (Compazine ) is good for nausea as mentioned. Comes in tablet or shot form although there's a shortage of the injectable right now so I had to go back to promethazine (phenerghan). It also comes in both forms.

I find the phenerghan makes me so sleepy I can't hold my eyes open and have to lay down.

They take about an hour to start to work. I can function on the compazine once relief hits. The compazine doesn't dry up your mouth as much for me, which was a problem with the phenerghan and I was getting tooth decay.

I try and get by on 12.5 mg of phenerghan first. If no help after an hour I take the other half.

Hope you find something that helps you. It's just an awful feeling to deal with. I can't eat and it starts snow balling. HELP!
SHARE A SMILE WE COULD ALL USE ONE, THAT
INCLUDES OUR LOVED ONES

AdaTF responded:
Soophie!!
I just joined. You have exactly what i had. I mean nobody is exactly the same but I couldnt indentify with you more
! happened to me 2 years ago. I have gotten better but still have really bad episodes mostly nausea!!! do you still have this problem? I got on antidepressants in hopes it would reset my brain and balance me out so that i didnt have so much nausea aand anxiety and depression! that has really helped. but like i said not totally still a DAILY struggle!

booch007 responded:
Good morning,

My thought sare towards what happened to me. All my married life I had the label of IBS and it was gluten intoloerance (I tell restaurants it is Celiac) they know that better.
BUT It was a cure for the cramps and pains and diarrhea that I had.....the reflux went awaya nd the contant distrass my poor body was under was gone.

SO i add this tot he pot of ideas.. It took a week to get on tract and OMG what a difference in MY life. I truly believe that it helped to bring me to this place I am in, all the nutrients and loss of fluids....

The physiatrist who helped me also put me on GREEN VIBRANCE to get the gut happy....and it is ground vegatables and yucky to drink...but it worked so well....I asked to take it twice a day!

Good luck and hope oyu get it figured out. Nancy B

Lee70 responded:
I have suffered every day for the past 15 years at least-it has been so long I don't even know if that is right. I just turned 43 and seem to have gotten worse in the past couple of years. I work full time, and I just feel like I am ready to give up, I feel like I can't do this anymore. I understand your comment about not suicide but, you do just feel like if you don't wake up you wont feel the constant pain and fatigue anymore, not to mention the constant stomach upset. I am so afraid to eat anything in fear that it will make me sick. They told me I have Acid Reflux and I too take Nexium. I have been taking Prilosec until 30 days ago when I was finally able to get Nexium, I have no medical insurance so it makes it extremely difficult for me. I have tried the Holistic approach because I am sensitive to everything that goes into my body-it causes extreme anxiety even if I take cold medicine not to mention many other very bizzar symptoms. I have just recently started looking into SSI, as I don't know what to do anymore, I fight everyday to get up and go to work, just so that I can survive its getting harder and harder to do so. I was in 2 car accidents since last December and I will not heal, everything is just seemingly getting worse. I am sorry to hear you are going through this too-I wish I had an answer for you but, I too am trying to figure out what to do.

gillogirl responded:
Hi! It has been a year since I started going to the dr again, and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My stomach problems scare me the heck out of me!

I'm 35, and most people observe me as being calm, spiritual... No children, no boyfriend for almost a decade... cant see where the stress is coming from, as i meditate and do yoga. Able to laugh at life's poking and prodding. Stomach pains, nausea, vomiting... The nausea meds help, briefly.

I was taking 2400mg neurontin, 60mg cymbalta, Ativan for anxiety... Because I have been vomiting daily, for over a week, I don't think they are in my system... Having never responded well to medications, I think my body is trying to purge itself of these chemicals.

What is the connection?

dollbug replied to gillogirl's response:
Hello gillogirl....and welcome. MiMi in NC and I don't think I have talked to you. I would definitely think something is indeed very wrong, unless you just have a stomach bug of sorts....don't think this would last over a week though.

So have you been on your medicines for a while OR could this be your medicine causing the vomiting?

I am someone who also has issues with taking medicines. I have found that most cause side effects and I don't need anything else to deal with.

Have you tried taking probiotics?

I hope you can find something which will help you with your stomach issues.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.