Skip to content
FMS and Pain Patches
Whitewolf54 posted:
Does anyone use pain patches for FMS?

schrode responded:
I get nerve pain that feels like my skin is burning, even the air hurts it! I have tried lidocaine cream and 2 different kind of pain patches. I have not had any luck with any of them. I guess whether it helps will depend on the kind of pain you are treating.

Soft hugs,

Deb

1dazygal responded:
Yes I use LIDODERM patches on my worst areas when I can't take it anymore. They can be cut to different sizes and if it's a tricky area like your neck I put paper tape over them. I've also cut the neck ones in a curve to keep from lifting.

Takes 45-60 mins to start to numb. FDA has ok'd use of 3 at a time now so my Dr writes it that way. I don't always have to use 3 but then just 1 co- pay. 12hrs on then 12 off. Couldn't make it without them.

Barometric chgs effect me greatly in pain scale and getting migraines or just a really bad headache. Use the patches then also.

I've tried patches that had like Advil in them, no relief. The F patch works put lifts after a shower and is pretty hard to get off of.

Talk with your Dr about a test try. Good luck
SHARE A SMILE WE COULD ALL USE ONE, THAT
INCLUDES OUR LOVED ONES

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.