Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stress!!!!!
Lauralizzie01 posted:
such a stressful week! mom has bad sciatica and is miserable,and bedridden, leaving me to care for her and my blind grandmother! my aunt is simply too busy going to ski meets and sleeping, and her adult kisd (who still live at home) are much to busy watching tv! i had to take the day off work to help because she had to go to the third ski meet this week! wtf i need help please. and its your MOTHER.... why am i (granddaughter) doing more than two of the three kids!wtf! anyways thanks for letting me vent and pray i dont flare from the stress!!

angelswife responded:
Vent any time you need to...you need to keep your stress levels down. Would the kids help out if you asked them? Hang in there!

booch007 responded:
Do you know that all the good you do in your life for someone "comes back to you".....tenfold at some point?

I can see and hear the frustration and I have ran to do things in my life and watched one sibling do nothing at all, or the other too busy to help. I know what I did and in the end.....I had no guilt, no fears, no regrets and good came back to me.....

Thank you for helping her, we here know so well how bad pain can be and when someone helps us, it is priceless......
You were noticed.....I thank you. Hope that things get better for all of them, sounds like alot on the plate over there.

((((((hugs))))))) from me, Nancy B

itaches responded:
Would a family meeting help you in anyway, or do those people just don't want anything or anybody to require some of their time and energy!! How selfish. So very sorry you have this to deal with on top of the aches and pains of fibro. Keep us informed.

DakotaWilsonFM responded:
You are special to be caring for them... I try to care for my son when he has epidurals in his neck... they usually hurt real bad for about 3 days then they start mellowing out... i don't know why... i am going to have my epidural on the 13th on my neck... different dr tho... i am hoping mine go smoother... it is actually going in to relieve pain in my neck and shoulder... so i don't know where it is going...

it is hard being ill and caring for someone... and what would it hurt to ask them for help... have them get together in a group and maybe it will put them on the spot... you aren't asking them to do everything right or ask for whatever you need...

my siblings wouldn't listen either... I tried once when mom was ill and I was a lot healthier but still was going thru cancer therapy... I just asked for the 2 days off a week that I did my therapy... they literally laughed at me... i managed... my Dad helped alot more then Mom and I ever imagined he had it in him lol...

i hope no matter what happens you don't flare and you stay strong... I send you an angel to help strengthen you...

take care and rant all you want... thinking of you and praying for you... Jan/Dakota

Lauralizzie01 responded:
yeah i know, and i love doing it ninety percent of the time. ive had awesome experiences and CHOSE to move to michigan to do exactly this, but its still overwhelming at times. however i love the fact ive got to know my grandmother as a woman, and vice versa, which i treasure, as i treasure the fact i was with my grandfather as he passed away. whatever i may bitch about, i am completely sure i made the right choice in moving here and doing it. there are still times, particuraly when it all falls to me that i just wish the rest of the family wasnt so selfidsh!

sparkyar responded:
Oh girl I know how you feel, I was in that same spot a few years ago..I had my mother, my husband and kids one of which is mentally disabled, and my alcoholic brother and his children three of them I finally called my siblings and said I don't know who what when or where but ONE of you WILL come and help I cannot do it anymore... It was very tough for me at first but you know what? Someone finally did step up and take a part in the care..I will add you to my prayers for strength and peace for you...you are showing patience of a saint... hang in there!!!!!

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.