Skip to content
Don't give up!
lkphopeful posted:
Hello
I am joining for the first time but have been reading the discussions
for a long time hoping to find some miracle to get my life back!
I also have FM and have had it for a long time before it was diagnosed.
I was the none believer when the first neurologist gave me what I thought at the time was a made up disease just to be done with me:(
Soon after a lot of doctors,medications and many other fellow suffers,
I knew this was real and now my life....
So the reason I had to join today was as others have said you need to fight for your prescriptions. I am on state insurance and medicare as Because of my disease I just can't work RIGHT now and this is what I can afford. I am denied everything and have to fight and appeal before I can get anyone to listen. However this last time with the help of the doctors assistant bulldog and my not talking to anyone but the appeals department supervisor I was able to get Savella and am personal pleased with the results. I also agree everyone is different and what work on one might not do anything for another.. And let's not forget those wonderful little side effects that also change your life..

maggiethedoglover responded:
Hi there Ikphopeful,

Welcome to the community. I am so sorry that you have fibromyalgia but you have come to the right place. We are all in the same boat with you and all of us understand your pain and frustration.

Congratulations on getting on a medication that helps you!

Keep reading and contributing.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

1dazygal responded:
Your Dr is aware of your ins etc. please ask them for samples of Meds. When your starting a new one you don't even know if you'll be able to take it and the cost can be so high$$$.

They get tons of Meds they just put in a closet. I had my Dr give me free samples of a BP med that cost $600 for 1month without ins!!, for a year while it was put on the ins approved list (brand new med) It's just outrageous but the only one without side effects for me.

My Dr actually gets mad at " me" if he has to fill out any extra forms. Like its my fault....

Good luck in finding the combo that works for you! Take care and let us know how things are going for you.
SHARE A SMILE WE COULD ALL USE ONE, THAT
INCLUDES OUR LOVED ONES

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
375 of 402 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.