Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****2/10/2012 ****ROLL CALL...NEW MEMBERS TOO***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily..MiMi in NC...where I woke up too darn early this morning...around 4...not a good thing for me....but at least today is Friday...(I hope anyone)...and of course it is ROLL CALL...for the new members...each Friday we have ROLL CALL..just a good time for anyone and everyone to stop by and update your FMily on how things are going with you. I do hope that everyone will post today...and I hope those of you are are lurking....come out from hiding and introduce yourself to us...we would like to "meet and greet you"...we are a good group of FM supporters...and I am sure each of you can contribute to our group...

So again Welcome to the new members who have joined us recently...sorry that you are not feeling better...but I am sure that soon you will find something that will help you cope better...unfortunately there are NO QUICK FIXES...sorry..nothing is easy with the wrath of the dragon...it does take a process of trial and error..which does take time and effort...all of us are different and what works for one may or may not work for you...but I can assure you that soon...things will be different for you...

Be sure and check out the "tips" and "resources" sections...as
there are some great "tools and tips" there...be sure and read the "sharing your toolbox post" also...

Vitamin D...do yourself a favor...and be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked...as this is so important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause some of us additional pain...and it can also affect other illnesses as well....so they say...

I keep my grandson Noah...twice a week for several hours...and he is in the process of potty training...he is doing really well now...and I am NOT missing having to buy diapers for him....as they have gotten really expensive over the years...this has been my mission though...as I told my children when they had their first baby...I would buy the diapers for them...and that has been a longggg time ago...but I was able to keep my promise to them....and now it is over....when my children were young...I hated buying diapers...what a waste of money...but you know over the years I have learned something really important...that whatever we spend our money on....everything either eventually goes down the toilet or in a landfield somewhere...

No joke here....just think about it...a person works and earns a living and it all goes downhill from there....OMG...this is life though and just how it is....kinda like the wrath of the dragon...it is what it is...

I love my grandchildren though and this was something that I could do for them....just a way to help out...anyway...I thought I would share this with you today....it is a funny thought...and most people do NOT even think about it...

OK..enough on my soap box for today....

Here is hoping each of you will have a GREAT FRIDAY...with lots of sunshine...the cold is headed our way again...with some showers as well and possibilty of some of the "white stuff"....and I thought that we would not be lucky enough to get any....I hope it is not much...I love to watch it fall and then go away....I have not really missed it this year...well, maybe just a little bit....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...as I have written this the 2nd time now...I hope the button will allow me to post it this time...>

Have a good one...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..
FirstPrevious12NextLast

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Short post this morning---mom is on her way up. I am taking her to Wal-Mart, BJ's and Home Depot. She has just redone the basement and sanded and repainted the woodwork in the kitchen.; her next project, she says, is getting rid of all the wallpaper. I am taking her to buy paint and other supplies for the job.

I am over the moon with joy...she has changed so much since dad passed . When he was alive she wasn't even allowed to think for herself, and she barely said boo to anyone. Now she has redone the whole upstairs (she painted it all and ripped out the carpeting herself!) gotten new furniture for the house, and made new curtains. Then she cleared the basement and painted that, and now she's doing the kitchen. She is discovering a talent she never knew she had, and I am cheering her on...At 68, she has earned it. Go mom!

I am really flaring today...We are due for 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow; then for two days it will be windy and in the teens for highs. The wind chill will be below zero. Think I'll be staying in this weekend!

Mom just pulled in...gotta run! I will check back in later.

katmandulou responded:
TGIF INDEED!

It's going up to the high 40s today in southeastern Mass, and they're saying 3-6" of snow tomorrow. We're having a Valentine's Day event in downtown tomorrow, and I hope a little snow doesn't keep people away. It's an effort to bring people into downtown so they cans see how vibrant and alive it is!

My plan is to work the event, then come home and knit. It's past time to start my Mitten Project - 50 pairs for Christmas - because I have 1/2 of a pair of socks done and some yummy cotton/silk blend yarn I found in a clearance sale for an aran cardigan. It's pink yarn is that still aran? LOL

MiMi - My sister is helping out with diapers for her granddaughter, and I know they're expensive. A bit of Massachusetts trivia: there is no sales tax on diapers, but there IS a sales tax on feminine hygiene products. It's like they're punishing us for not being pregnant!

angelswife - good for your Mom! I hope the house is to her liking. My Dad ruled with a heavy hand (as the saying goes), but with Mom in the nursing home he's lost. I kind of expect to go over some day and find that he's started stripping wallpaper. I might do it myself just to get rid of the ugly stuff they put up just before my wedding in '83!

watch your weather and do what you need to do to feel good. I hope you all the the best day - and weekend - you can possibly have,
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday morning all. I hope that your day will be a good one with little to no fibro issues or pain.

Angelswife and Lou stay warm and safe during your snow event.

MiMi, I know how much you like having Noah, you always sound so happy when you post about him and you are so right about diapers. My grandson,3, is wearing pull ups and they are so expensive. DD says she has him potty trained at home, but so far each time I've seen him his got his pull ups 'dirty'. It's hard to get boys trained and this little one is harder than most.

It's really cold here now, going to get a lot colder tonight, 17, and tomorrow, 18,. Ugh, but we dodged the snow bullet, whew. It's partly cloudy now and it's keeping the really cold air from sitting on us... yeah for that. The weather people were sure we'd get some snow, so much so, our city's managers had the salt trucks out this a.m and they salted the roads. No snow but cars here now are dusted with powder. That is so typical of the south in the winter time. Better safe than sorry I guess.

And for those here who are getting snow, I do hope that it doesn't cause any problems or issues. I know how lucky we have been here not to have had any snow, ice or really cold weather so am hoping that if your neck of the woods does get any of those high amounts of the above that it's not a problem maker for you.

I just walked in from getting my thyroid test done over at the hospital. I am curious as to what they will find. If nothing, then more tests I guess, ugh. But if it's the thyroid then what? My ENT doctor thinks it's fibro and acid reflux issues. Well we'll see.

I am heading back out the door now to run a few errands. I need to get things for split pea soup. DH will be home early today and home all this weekend as well so thought since it was going to cold and he'd be inside most of the time I'd make the split pea soup to warm him up a bit.

I guess I should get going so will close this here.. I am sending well wishes to all along with gentle hugs. Have a great day everyone.
Linda R.

CozyTime replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi everyone I haven't chkd in for awhile. I had two accounts- one so old I couldn't sign in without confusion so I had it deleted. Any way we got a foot of snow and last nights low was 4'. Today a comfy 17' w/low of 0'. We had 50's -60's last two weeks. My flowers are breaking through the dirt. I doubt they'll make it.

I don't think I'll make it through the day either.

KATMANDULOU- sorry you have these things going on. I put under tips a health site with a true/ false test on CFS. It said CFS could mimic MS and HEART FAILURE. I was stunned. Writing TI national Fibro to see if that theory is true. It might explain why I'm having various symptoms.

ANGELWIFES- my honey says I can't email you since the alert about phishing came up. He's afraid that company Angel talked to and got your info may have infected your hard drive and I'm getting all these alerts on the 2nd email and the first one says invalid. I don't know what happened but I miss chatting. The shawl is great. When my neck and head ache I wrap up like a turban:-). Very funny!

MIMI- hope your ok and still pushing vit D. I'll do a huge YEAH the day I get in a normal range.

EVERYONE ELSE- enjoy the warm weather if your getting it! Take care all sending a soft touch on the shoulder and smiles

Teelady1 responded:
Happy Friday!

Just started snowing here in No. IL in the last hour - big fluffy flakes. Looks very pretty. In my area only 1-2 inches of snow - but those closer to Lake Michigan could get several inches!

A poor night of sleep last night - don't think I slept more than 3 or 4 hours total. Lately, my sleep had been better - I'm hoping this is not the start of a string of sleepless nights. (Sometimes that happens in waves.)

Anyway, feeling quite tired today and stiff. Moving very slow.

Wishing everyone a great Friday - and a great weekend!

lb707 responded:
Good Morning,

I am impressed Mimi.....my Mom started with my first born who were twins by buying me six weeks worth of diapers. She continued with the next two children. That six weeks really helped. After that I used cloth unless we were traveling, being of the old school and cheap. I would have loved you as a mother!!!

It has been a long week for me. I help somewhat with an older couple who are 89 & 92, she has lots of heart issues and he may have dementia but does not see a Dr. We could not get his wife to call for an evaluation, so with the help of some caregivers advice had to call Adult Protective Service's to see if they can help. They have no living children and only siblings that are too old to help. Since the we are not their children it is hard to convince them to get the help they need.

Then of course I am my Mom's driver and between the two things I had a full week. Just working hard to keep pain and anxiety at bay was my other quest. Sometimes between the supplements, meds, diet and exercise that is all necessities I feel like I am a full time job LOL !!!

Well off to the shower and start of my day.

Great weekend for all and remember if you do not take care of you you can not be there for anyone else.

laurab

CozyTime replied to CozyTime's response:
Sorry katmanlou I meant to type XPERKY from another post. But you have fun working on your mittens!

CozyTime replied to CozyTime's response:
I've had to take Meds today. I don't know how I missed ANGELS post unless we were texting at the same time:-). I'm sorry about your Daddy you never told me that. But your mommie sounds like she's having a hoot!! . Good for her! That control starts so slowly sometimes it effects you before you relize the cause and then your afraid. My mother endured such abuse she left home at age 12yrs with her 16yr old sister. She went to college when she turned 50 and was an all A student. Her last subject she needed to graduate was a language. She wasn't interested so she just stopped. She didn't need the paper. She was deaf up to her mid-20's. What a survivor she was. ALZHEIMER'S was the worst thing she could get to take her life. 1yr.

She walked a terrible then great life path in her later years when she divorced my father. She survived breast cancer and she was going to live on her terms!

I hope your close to her and watch her blossom. Exciting for sure! Take the two of you for a day of beauty if you haven't already:-)

Best wishes and smiles and loads of laughter!! I mail you a card till your system is fixed.

dollmaker40 responded:
Hi i am new to this and to fb. i am on lyrica. it has worked a lot but my back is still killing so the doctor put me on
meloxicam. its helping a litte bit. i dont understand this fb
i have beeen trying to find out all i can but dont understand it so i keep trying to find things out about it .. so i need help i have been in a fog and cant do much lately.. i am from southeast tx . i am a homemaker. i have tow grandsons that are my every thing . i am merried . been with my soulmate for 22 years . i crochet and work puzzels but lately i dont feel like doing anything.. will i have to get off hear and try to clean house a littel it takes me all day to do it but i get it done .. if anyone can help me understand whats going on with all this pain and stuff i would love the help dollmaker40

katmandulou replied to CozyTime's response:
Haha, I was wondering if you had looked at prior post.

crazytaurenswife responded:
Hello

It's been a busy day for me, too. I took care of a few school things this morning, took a test, went to work, then to the doctor's for a refill. The office I go to is a teaching clinic, and I saw the same intern who ordered my chest xray. While we were there, I asked if there was anything else I could try. He went to talk to my regular doctor, and when he came back he said I could try gabapentin. It's covered (thank goodness), so I'll take it for the first time tomorrow at bedtime. He's having me start out with one a day and work up to three times a day within about a week.

Gotta go. DH is waiting for me. Hope you've all had a good day and you get plenty of rest tonight

~air hugs~

~Jessi

mnjeepguy responded:
Hey guys and gals, more fun today.

I went to PT for my elbow problems at 3 pm, fell on the ice at 5:15 and smashed my elbow. It has a nice collage of colors onit now. I don't know what my crazy body is doing these days but I ready for a break. Come on...any time...

I have never in my life been accident prone, and now I don't even heal up before I do more damage. I have never had a cast, no stiches until 30. I am not on any meds right now, nor do I drink a drop lately. I feel off but I can't put my finger on it.

Aside from me needing to wear a helmet and carry a first aid kit with me I'm good!

CozyTime replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Is that " ready for a break" meant to be a play on words since you fell? I thought it was darling and made me smile. Thanks I needed one

CozyTime replied to dollmaker40's response:
Go to the upper right where it says tips. Look down and you'll see "all tips". Open that and you see a list of sites to get info from. You have to type in the full address. Otherwise put it in google or whatever and it should come up. You have to learn about fibro to help yourself. Good luck

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.