Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
back muscle strengthening
Marylyce posted:
I have been having a little more back pain lately from FM. This seems like a dumb question but has anyone ever tried strengthening your back muscles and having good results that keep the pain in your back at bay? I do back strengthening exercises but it doesn't seem like my back is much better. I was thinking about hiring a personal trainer at the gym to show me back muscle strengthening.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I have found that doing core work can help with the back. Strengthening your stomach muscles can better support your back. I still have the usual FM pain but the back isn't quite as agonizing.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

xperky responded:
I had physical therapy for lower back pain. The exercises were for the core muscles. I started feeling better in a few days of doing the exercises! Very effective and easy, gentle moves. I did them in bed to have a softer surface than the floor.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.