Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MY DAYS
dawncostella posted:
I am so glad to read all of your posts. I am new to FM. I just got diagnosed recently. I have all kinds of problems with my eyes and all of my doctors felt that it wasn't part of FM, but reading everything you have written it sounds like it is. I find it very frustrating in the beginning to figure out what I can do and I can't do. It's amazing the things I used t be able to do...are a foreign concept now.

squarley responded:
SO GLAD YOU FOUND US AND WHEN YOU READ THE POST YOU SEE YOUR NOT ALONE ,PLEASE STAY AROUND AND ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE ONE OF US WILL HELP YOU ,WERE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT JUST DIFFERENT WATERS, SOFT HUGS TO YOU,SQUARLEY

dollbug responded:
Hello dawn and welcome.....eye problems ....yes...I have had them...and I also have to use eye drops...as my eyes are so very dry...it is weird though that this too can vary....I can tell a big difference when I am extremely tired....

I hope you will check out the info under "tips" and "resources" that you will find to the right of this page...be sure and read "sharing your toolbox"post...as it provides some good "tools and tips" that perhaps you might want to try...

It does take time to get use to dealing with the wrath of the dragon....so hang in there...the more you learn...about it...the better you will be....dealing with it can present a lot of challenges for us FMers though...

Learning how to pace, pace and pace some more....was a BIGGIE for me...learning how not to cross the line on doing things was also hard...but trust me...you will learn...as there is no other choice....

Everything takes time....and everything takes a trial and error process...you will also find that what works for one may or may not work for you...keep on keeping on...though until you find something or a combination of things that will help you....

Vitamin D...be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....this is important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause some of us additional pain...and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

Hang in here with us...ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions....there is someone here who will reply back to you...

We are also blessed with not one but two doctors on board...Dr.P and Dr.Margaret (see the top right hand corner..for more info)....if you have a question you would like for them to answer...be sure and put their name in the subject line...they will get back to you...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dawncostella replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks both of you. I had my Vitamin D checked right before they diagnosed me with FM and it was low so I am taking 2000 mg a day. And you are correct. Trial and error seems to be the thoughts of the day I started eating Gluten Free right after I got diagnosed and it does help also. I totally know when I cheat because I pay for it the next day.

I am just glad for this site because it shows that we aren't alone. You think you have lost your mind when things happen and you wonder what this is

Again, thanks!

tnbambi2 replied to dollbug's response:
I'm glad I read this, I have been having some eye problems but havn't mentioned them to my fibor doctor, just my eye doc. I have dry eyes too and wondered where that came from. New to this site glad I found it.

Anon_2912 replied to tnbambi2's response:
Dry eyes are very common in many people without FM, I don't believe it is related to FM specifically.

xperky replied to tnbambi2's response:
tnbambi - if your dry eyes are a daily problem, you might bring it up at your next fibro doctor appointment. I believe there is a blood test for Sjogrens disease. Some FM symptoms overlap.
With Compassion,
Margaret

kristinaNJ responded:
I too have had many recent eye problems. Diagnosed with FM about 8 years ago and eye problems just began about 6 months ago. Guess I have to add this to the long, long list of other symptoms we can all attribute to FM. Is it me or does the list just keep getting longer?

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.