Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hard to work and do anything else
CLKWC1964 posted:
Hey FMily,

I like working but seems like that has become my life. I am so tired. I go to work , gone about 10+ hours by the time I get home I fix supper , get my child ready for bed , and fall into bed myself. The weekends are filled with laundry, housework, and try to rest a little then I start all over again. Feeling a little overwhelmed and exhausted at this point. I guess that is just life though cause we gotta pay the bills and with the price of gas continuing to climb not too many people have any choice but to have two incomes coming in. Is this how it is for others here too?? Cat :0)

Anon_2912 responded:
LOL...

You are NOT alone...ADVIL & COUCH are my friends...

After work all want to do is hug my couch...until I roll off and then hug my bed....

I do have to do the house chores, not much cooking however, the can soup & tuna cans are just perfect...or whatever you can zap in the microwave..

But I grin & bear it, because no one else is going to pay our bills...we do what we gotta do...

booch007 responded:
Cat,

A while back we all had this convesation. The world becomes a survive to work thing. IT is so true. I too have just enough to make the day. Once in a while the "spoons" are not all spent and I have some energy when I get home. BUT usually I go to sleep on arrival home with a nap and then have dinner with DH at 8pm.

I must work, and I want to work (it helps define me, but it is a med....distraction I will always take if I can). I needed to adjust my meds as my legs wouldn't walk by afternoon and I couldn't get out of the car when I returned home. Looked crippled. I think from all the running I do and then sitting still in the car driving, they lock up. So, I repeat my relaxer and my tramadol right after luch and it has helped so much in continuing the day.

BUT the nap at home "priceless".....

Then I am good for a bit more before night. Maybe look at your regime of therapy you are using. Also keep looking at what you are doing at work and see if there is a FM friendly way to do it better. I restructured quite a bit when my muscles were complaining. Re-assess your routine. The answers can be in there, you'll be surprised.

Good luck and so many hugs, Nancy B

dollbug responded:
Hello Cat....MiMi in NC....I had wondered how things were working out for you in your new job....OMG..you are gone for 10 hours a day....most days when I have any kind of errands to run....I have to pick and choose which to do.....I can not even imagine doing something for 10 hours....I did this kind of things for many years...and I barely managed then....this was before the wrath of the dragon bit me...You are right though...we have to do whatever it takes to keep on keeping on...

They are now saying that gas will continue to rise...it is sad that this country has gotten into the shape it is in....I worry about what my grandchildren will be faced with....as I do not think it is going to get any better...which is sad....

Take care and good luck....

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more if you can....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

CLKWC1964 replied to booch007's response:
Nancy B,

I try to pace a work at much as I can but it has been super busy the last 2 weeks. There are times there when it slows down just not at this point. I also have an office mate that drives me absolutely crazy. This person is miserable and wants everyone else around them miserable as well. The negativity from this person is really getting me down. I do believe that is part of why I am so so tired by the end of the day. Thanks for the encouragement I do appreciate it. What I need most at this point is some positive influence. This disorder is enough to handle without any further aggravation. God knows I really want to make this work and really need to make this work just need lots of prayer at this point. Thanks Cat:0)

CLKWC1964 replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi,

Thanks. I will try to pace just very hard at this point. Working and having an 8 yr old is more than I can handle at times. Just have to get in my bed at 8 pm some nights just so I can get up and do it all over again. I do like making money, and I do like working. I feel really productive and good about what I get accomplished each day. Just not sure how long I can keep it up. But I guess I'll go down trying lol. Anyway thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. I have a difficult office mate and really need some positive input in my days. Cat :0)

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
363 of 390 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.