Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SWELLING
dawncostella posted:
I am new to FM and I am trying to figure out what is due to FM and what is other things.

Does anyone have problems with swelling in their hands and feet?

My hands and feet seem to swell all the time.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dawn and welcome to WebMD,

While you're waiting for responses here, take a look at Dr. Pellegrino's response about this on the following discussion:

Major Swelling

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

dawncostella replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks that helped a lot. Trying to figure out what might be part of FM and what is just normal everyday things is so difficult!

I swear new things happen every day

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dawncostella's response:
That they do, Dawn. *chuckle*

Be sure to discuss the swelling with your doctor. We should never assume that each and every symptom, especially new ones, are due to FM without getting it checked out.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.