Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Dr. P - Question about your books
Teelady1 posted:
Dr. P,

I'm currently reading your book - "Fibromyalgia Up Close and Personal". I like your writing style and humor! I'm learning a lot. I think I'll know more about fibromyalgia than my PCP when I'm done reading the book.

I believe this is your most recent book on Fibromyalgia - is that right? You have other earlier books on the subject. Is some of the the same information from your earlier books in "Fibromyalgia Up Close and Personal"?

I guess I'm trying to figure out which of your other books to read next - that would have additional or different information than the one I'm reading now. (Hope that makes sense.)

Thank you so much for your participation in this community!

Gwen

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
What I really want to know is when will this book be available in Kindle.

How great, Teelady, that you're reading this. I'm sure Dr. Pellegrino will be responding - if not this weekend, then next.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

TawnyaWebb replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I wish his books would come out on Kindle!!

Teelady1 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Caprice, the book would be a lot easier to handle on Kindle. Fibromyalgia Up Close & Personal is a big book! When I first saw it, it reminded me of some of my college textbooks.

Mark Pellegrino, MD responded:
Hi Gwen,

Thank you for your nice comments! You're right, that was my latest book. I have written numerous other books over the years; my "Up Close and Personal" was an update from my previous book "Inside Fibromyalgia," so you would be current once you finish the "Up Close and Personal."

I've planned to update/write a latest book and include a Kindle version..I think I've been "planning" this for several years now. Perhaps I can blame my fibro for blocking the path from planning it to actually doing it!

I'll let you know if I get my next project completed sometime this decade!! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy and learn from the present book. When you're done, I hear the big heavy book makes a nice door stop

Dr. P

crazytaurenswife replied to Mark Pellegrino, MD's response:
Hi Dr. P,

Add me to the list of people who would love a kindle version! Your books aren't available through my library network or through any local book stores/websites. One of these days I'll probably go ahead and have it shipped here (Canada), but for now I'm avoiding the shipping fees. Having two hardcover books shipped here for DH cost over $30!

~Jessi

Lauralizzie01 replied to crazytaurenswife's response:
too would love an electronic version! i dont use a kindle, just read on my tablet but its soooo nice

Teelady1 replied to Mark Pellegrino, MD's response:
Dr. P,

Thanks for your reply - and the door stop tip!

I look forward to your next book and learning more.

Thanks again,
Gwen

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.