Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Know of any good exercise DVD's
RosaGH posted:
Hi all~
New to the group - just got off the phone w/ my sister (20 yrs older) who was just diagnosed. Told me our BROTHER had been diagnosed, and after chatting, realized that our father, who passed away in Jan at 93 also had it! Got my dx 2 years ago.

So, I've decided to take responsibility for myself, and work on stress, spritual issues - and LOSE WEIGHT!!

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any Tai Chi videos. I'm very interested, but can't afford to go to classes. Also, yoga videos if anyone knows of good ones.

God bless!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, pain free first day of Spring!

Rosa

CrazyTaurensWife responded:
Hi Rosa,

You may want to try what I'm doing. Have you checked with your local library to see if they have anything? I'm in the process of going through about a dozen DVDs that I've checked out from mine. I try one new DVD every other day and I have a chart on my computer where I keep track of how well each DVD works for me. One yoga DVD that I definitely recommend is called "Yoga for the Rest of Us with Peggy Cappy." It's designed for people with arthritis or other pain conditions. I've checked it out several times and so far it's still my favorite. The one I've liked the best out of the ones I've checked out is called "AM & PM Yoga for Beginners." The instructor shows ways you can modify poses to make them easier for you.

I have one tai chi DVD, but it's towards the bottom of my stack. I'll let you know how well it worked once I've tried it

Good luck on your weight loss! I'm in the very early stages of weight loss, too. I have about 100 pounds to lose, so it's going to take me a *very* long time to get it off (and keep it off!). So far I'm down about 10 pounds I'm in my third week with Weight Watchers Online and so far I really like it! Except for one weigh-in, I've lost weight every week. The weigh-in date it automatically set for Sunday, and I eat more on the weekends, so I've reset my day for during the week.

~air hugs~ Let me know if you find DVDs you like!

~Jessi

RosaGH replied to CrazyTaurensWife's response:
Jessi~

thank you SO much! That's a great idea about the dvd's and I'll check the ones you suggested first.

How funny is it - I'm starting Weight Watchers too! So good luck, and let me know how you're doing!!

Rosa~

BTW, how are you feeling today?? Hand and finger pain for me.... and that fibro fog..... ugh....

CLKWC1964 replied to RosaGH's response:
Leslie Sansone has some really great workout videos. What I like best about them is just about anyone can do them. The moves are easy and you can pace yourself at your own level. Ideal for us with FM. Don't get an advanced one though a little harder and more challenging. You can purchase them reasonably priced on Amazon .com. Good luck. Cat:0)

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.