Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ringing in your ears????
mountaingal96 posted:
Does anyone have a constant ringing in your ears? I have a constant 24/7 ringing in my ears. I also have a roaring (like an HVAC unit coming on) in my ears but it is not 24/7. I am trying to learn to ignore it but cannot go to sleep unless radio or TV is on to drown the ringing out!

DakotaWilsonFM responded:
I have had ringing in my ears for years... at first they said it was y smoking and accute sinusitus which was caused of course by my smoking... I haven't smoked for over 4 months now and I still have the ringing and it is worse then before... my sinuses however are better... the ringing is unbelievable at times... i have to yell to hear myself... and can't hear myself think...

i hope you find better answers then I have...

Take care... Dakota/Jan

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mountaingal,

While you're waiting for more responses here, I hope you'll also post on our Ear, Nose and Throat community . The expert there, Dr. Moser, also has ringing of the ears and this issue is often discussed there.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.