Skip to content
fm and migraines
squarley posted:
I have been having them for some time now been to neuro,and we can not find any triggers but stress and he said fm,how many of you out there have them and are they pretty much daily,i do notice more of them with a flare seems this flare is been going on for weeks ,pain and so tired, any help appreciated,thanks squarley

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thankfully, I don't have to deal with migraines but I'm sure you're not alone, Squarley.

I'm responding to bump this back up again.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

lb707 responded:
I have always had chronic headaches but few real migraines. I always get migraines from MSG and some meds (that is why I refuse so many). The last visit with my Dr. she said she thinks I actually do have migraines, I do not want to go there.

I hope you find a solution as when I have the occasional one I hate them and do feel for you.

laurab

xperky responded:
Squarley, I guess I'm also one of those who get them regularly but not daily. I say "I guess" because I would call them headaches, not migraines, if I didn't know better. Luckily, the pain is usually at a medium level, but the nausea, tiredness, and sensitivity to light and sound knock me down. I consider myself to be quite a fighter, but this combo has me frustrated.

If my stomach can handle it, I find a mug of half-caf coffee and a tramadol help me. If not, I take a nap, some water and a compazine to relieve the nausea.

And, like you, this happens more during a flare and when recovering from a flare...like today! I woke up all morning with a headache and tried to wish it away by sleeping more. But, I finally forced myself out of bed for the coffee and tramadol. About an hour or two later I could function lightly, but the nausea came back whenever I moved or stood much.

Does that sound like your migraines? Or do you get those really sharp head pains that make you want to scream?

Sorry you are having to cope with migraines lately. I hope your flare goes away soon.
With Compassion,
Margaret

squarley replied to xperky's response:
HI MARGARET, JUST SEEN YOUR POST YES MY HEADACHES ARE LIKE YOURS, NOT SO MUCH THE PAIN BUT NAUSEA AND LIGHT,TIRENESS AND EYE PAIN THOUGH, THEY KNOCK ME OUT ,I WAS SO SICK YESTERDAY SOME TIMES THERE GONE BY NOON BUT YESTERDAY NOT TILL 6, I HAVE THEM ABOUT 4 OR5 TIMES A WEEK, HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE THEM? THANKS FOR RESPONDING,HUGS SHIRLEY .(SORRY FOR THE CAPS MY EYES HURT TODAY)

dawncostella replied to squarley's response:
Squarley...I too had migraines all the time. They just put me down for a day or two. I had the migraines before I got diagnossed with FM. I started eating gluten free and that seemed to help a lot. I am not having as many migraines as I was. I only have 1 every few months now. Not that it is a cure all, but I do think the gluten free has helped. Good luck!! I really like this site because it makes me realize I am not alone in our quest and pain.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.