Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wheat products
Mizgoodie posted:
Has anyone noticed extreme fatigue after eating wheat products. I had pizza yesterday and had to sleep for several hours afterwards from being absolutely exhausted to the point where I could not function. Has anyone else had this problem?

georgia888 responded:
I often feel this way after eating either wheat products or foods containing sugar or junk food of any kind. I generally eat very well but on occasion I treat myself with something that I shouldn't have. It seems I always pay for this. On the bright side, having such side effects from the wrong foods should keep us eating only the good stuff.

Listen to your body.

georgia

angelswife responded:
Hi Mizgoodie,
I can't eat wheat at all any more---if I do I always pay for it. The fatigue is much worse and I flare harder. I've found I do best on a high protein diet with a lot of salads. Wheat also aggravates the IBS.

I think very carefully (most of the time, lol) before indulging...I know the price I will pay if I do!

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.