Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
PMR
Tay77 posted:
Dear Expert Doctor:
Why is there no topic of Poly Myalgia Rematica?
I was diagnois in 2000, by the head of the Uof Utah.
Seems to me more doctors need to address this desease as a
real problem.
Thank you for you time.
Sincerely,
Tay77

Take the Poll

Poly Myaligia Rematicia
(sorry for mis-spelling)
  • Why do so many doctors dismiss this?
  • What is PMR?
vote
View Poll Results

Mark Pellegrino, MD responded:
Dear Tay77,

Sorry you have polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR). In this Fibromyalgia Community, some of the members have the misfortune of having both fibromyalgia and PMR. From time to time, there are discussions here involving PMR. You may wish to try the "Search This Community" in the upper right above my name to see if you can find any past discussions.

There's no controversy about PMR like there is with fibro. If a person (usu age 60 or older) with widespread pain and weakness has a high sed rate lab, the doctor may consider a diagnosis of PMR and try prednisone. The doctor will watch for a complication of PMR called temporal arteritis which can cause severe headaches and loss of vision.

I'm not sure if you were trying to set up the poll to ask if people here have PMR. Put the question, ie Do you have PMR? in the heading box and then put the answers, ie Yes, No, Not sure in separate answer boxes so the members can respond by checking one box. We can't elaborate on anything when taking a poll; we can only check off one box.

Hope this helps.

Dr. P

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Tay and welcome to WebMD,

You are very welcome to keep talking here since symptoms are similar and you'll find a lot of support here. But if you'd like to start your own community on this condition, let me know and I can tell you how.

You should know, however, that it can take others time to find a new community that suits their needs so it may take a while to build a community there.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.