Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How to treat muscle cramping and soreness
sadecakes posted:
I suffer from muscle pain all the time but lately my left calf has had a severe cramp in it that flares when use my left leg. It happens when I go up an incline or step off a step backwards landing on the toe of my left foot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for treating this? I've tried ice and hot packs, staying off it, stretches...what else can I do? It's impacting my mobility.

Also, I have ongoing increasing pain all over. I treat this pain w my meds which don't seem to have the impact they used to. I also take hot baths and showers, use a hot pad, apply pain creams and hot packs. I'm starting to exercise again adding to my stretchiing routine.

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thank you, Susan

crystalscats responded:
I have muscle cramps as well. Usually when in my calf it will be one side or the other at one time. My toes though, which happens a lot when I drive, are affected on both feet same time. I take Flexeril at night helps me sleep and helps from them cramping at night. I still get though when driving or other activities during the day. I do all the same things you are doing but if bad will take the muscle relaxer too during the day. I now make my son do most of my driving. Wish I could help but I have the same problems!
Crystal

deansmimi responded:
Hi Susan,
When I have leg cramps or foot cramps, I buy Hylands ". Leg cramp" homeopathic pills at any drugstore or on the web.
Put 2 0r 3 pills under tongue, and very soon, " no pain".

I hope it works for you.

Marie

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.