Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF***ROLL CALL*** New members please read ***4/13/2012
dollbug posted:
TGIF****yes....it is Friday- the 13th.... the beginning of the week-end....here is hoping everyone had a peaceful and restful night...MiMi in NC....going to be around 68*....it is 45* right now....and the warmer weather is on its way again....

New members....so glad to have join our unique FM support group....each Friday we have Roll Call....for anyone who cares to chime in....this just provides a time, if you want to, to check into and let us know how things are going with you...I know some of you do not post much...and we would like to hear from you on Fridays....

I would also like to remind new members that there is a place here to put up your profile....click on the *my community profile* to the left of this page....this will take you to a user friendly place where you can share whatever you care others to know about you....just a good way for others to get to know you better....you can also go to other user's profile by clicking on their user name....and it will take you to it....

Glad to have each of you with us....I am sure that you will soon feel right at home and will also find something that will help you cope better...living with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...does take a trial and error process....as there are no quick fixes that I am aware of...(we all can hope though)

I am still having issues with my eyes...they are a tad bit better today....as I was not woken up this morning....so I slept longer today than I did yesterday....(I do not like to have anything wake me up in the mornings-I just like to wake up when the body is ready)..

Well...I have a tenant in the bird house, a blue bird pair...so I hope this pair will be lucky enough to have a family...so far there have been none which survived...one year it was just too hot on them...and the next they just left...so I guess we will see...I also have a feeder with some bluebird food....but so far they have not touched it...

Not a whole lot going on with me this week-end...we will probably try to work on the fence area...trying to get a place so the little guys can be out in the sunshine more...even though the big guys are out as well...it get hard trying to alternate 3 bathroom breaks when I keep Harley...(my son's puppy)...so this will give me 2 places....which will be good..

Here is hoping each of you will also have a good week-end...
with lots of sunshine to enjoy....

Vitamin D is so important for all of us....be sure and remember to ask your doctor to check it...low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain..and it can also affect other illnesses as well..

Remember the boards will be down tonight and part of tomorrow...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a great week-end...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi and all to follow!

Happy Friday!! Why is it that even when I had Monday off from work - that it still seems like it been a long week?

Mimi, glad you got some more sleep last night! Sounds like you're going to have some nice weather today - enjoy it!

I slept well - but not enough hours. Looking forward to sleeping in a little tomorrow morning.

Not much planned for me this weekend - but the usual chores around the house and some cooking for the week ahead. I have a couple of recipes picked that will be good to have on hand for lunches and dinner next week. Going to brunch with my Dad on Sunday and meeting his new "lady friend" as he calls her.

Wishing everyone a great, pain-free Friday -and good sleep tonight!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday the 13TH everyone. I don't believe in such things as random bad luck days but I will make sure I don't walk under any ladders or break a mirror.

It's cold this a.m. but will warm up nicely into the 70's.. Tomorrow it will be in the 80's again so am looking forward to that. The cold snap doesn't seem to have damaged the grapes, strawberry or blueberry plants here so am hopeful I will find fruit on the them by June.

No real plans for my day. Errands mostly around town and then home. I have been on the look out for the humming birds but they haven't come back yet. DH and I just love seeing them and just hate it when they leave in the Fall. In Los Angeles they are around all year and we just saw so many of the lovely little birds while in LA that we had hoped they would be back here when we got back. Next week maybe?

I am going to make this a short post because I have to go next door and make a meal for my neighbor who had a heart attack on Wed. She's home now and I promised her BF that I'd help out.

Everyone have a great day. And a good luck day regardless of what the date is : )
Gentle hugs to all.
Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning...

What a stressful day yesterday was...dealing with mom and dad, car breaking down, etc..Today has got to be better, right...I just got up and I already feel exhausted...DH is leaving Tenn. today, and heading back here...but all I see is more stress headed my way...my back is achy and I think I am totally worn out...Friday the 13th it is...

I will put one foot in front of the other somehow today...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday - TGIF!!!!!

It's nice day in southeastern MAss - going up to the high 60s today, 70s tomorrow. It rained and hailed here yesterday. The local gas company was digging in the street, poor guys out in the cold rain. I don't know where they are today.

Tomorrow is my regular blood donation, I can't wait. LOL Now that I'm on BP meds I fear that lightheaded feeling afterwards. For newcomers, I have hemochromatosis, and have to give blood regularly to get rid of the iron that collects in my system.

I also have to fit in a visit with Mom. She was good last weekend, but didn't want to see my sister yesterday. Alzheimer's is an awful disease. One of Mom's aunts has dementia, she dialed 911 to report a man in her house - it was my uncle, her husband. She tried to kick him out of the car one day, she didn't know who he was. It's hard to watch, harder to live with someone who has it.

I love baseball, and it's Opening Day for the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park, and I'll be watching. I love the fun they have opening day - the pomp, the music, the "who's going to be there". It's also the 100th anniversary of the opening of Fenway Park, and they've invited former players and managers. Big surprise - Terry Francona isn't going. I don't blame him, he was treated badly at the end of last season, but he did come in an "Break the Curse" and gave us fans two championship teams.

Have the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

dawncostella responded:
Good morning,

I can't believe how bad of a day I am having!!!! I hurt all over today and I am exhausted. The Chronic Fatigue is kicking in today. Unfortunately I had to come to work. Let's see if I can make it through the day.

I hope everyone has a better day than I am. TGIF!!

crystalscats responded:
Hello All !!!!!!! TGIF

Well 13 is my lucky number so I enjoy Friday the 13th, my mother was also born on it. Today is also moving day! The weather so much better today. Last two days cold and wet. Thought yesterday was going to be sunny but only for little while then the storms moved it. So I am so glad it is sunny and warmer today!

I saw my Rheumy earlier this week gave me some extra meds for the move. LOL I know, I will try to pace myself but it is going to be hard as I will just want to get it done. But I know the price I will pay if I do. This up down weather too not sure if allergies or start of a cold, nose running, sneezing would ignore except I seem to have gotten a sore just inside my nose. It doesn't bother me unless I blow my nose. So put some antibiotic cream on it hope it heals it.

I am wondering how my cats are going to take the drive down and the new place. I know my one has anxiety issues. She up chucks and pulls her hair out when upset. She hides from strangers and gets all upset when someone comes over. While my male greets everyone and is a real charmer. It's funny but she is better around him, she tends to cling to him for security. She is older though and treats him like her kitten.

Well got to get a move on as my father in law should be here any minute to help with the move. I probably won't have access to internet for a few days!

Soft hugs, hope today brings you each less pain and more sunshine! Stay positive it may be one the best things for your pain and stress. We are survivors!

DakotaWilsonFM responded:
long weekend ahead... Daddy works a lot and guys are in need of a great break... Mom of course isn't taking the kids for her measly 2 days and thus no break for the wicked... So sick or not I am going to have to at least get the kids to hang out with me and give the guys a little break... they don't complain too much about a little quiet time and a movie now and then with me... lol... they think they miss me lol...

I am hanging in there... hoding my own tt it being thru this colitis and now a massive head cold and small fever...

I hope you all have a nice weekend and just don't think about it being the 13th... works for me lol... that plus I need a nap before my son goes to work... so I plan on sleeping a bit of the day away lol...

was going to finish my coffee that I was finally brave enough to try to drink and it is cold... lol... next time... lol... I sure miss my coffee... but it isn't the same without my coffee date to start my day with my husband... since he has been gone I haven't been up to coffee much... but then seems since he is gone this colitis just won't let go either.... this is my second bout in 4 months... I know don't need coffee lol...

you all take care and I will pace myself right back into a nap... I miss you all... hope to be able to be up longer soon.. I am just trying to push myself only so far yet... I am still very weak and tired... the fatigue is just terrible but I think it goes with the flare...

hope this finds you well as can be...

luv and soft hugs... Jan/Dakota

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I somehow dragged myself through the job this morning. Now I'm home and trying to relax. I don't hurt much, but oh, am I tired. I am glad I have the weekend off to recuperate!

Husband has an unpaid week off again next week. I am looking forward to not having the alarm go off! I am hoping one of these times he gets to like not working so much that he decides not to go back. He is so tired of this job, and I keep telling him I want to see him happy before he dies.

I have been feeling very blue for a couple of days. Grandma's funeral is next weekend, and I am struggling with what I want to say. I am missing her something fierce...She died back in October, and I don't know if I really allowed myself to grieve her passing. There was so much other stuff going on, and with no immediate funeral I guess I put the grief on the back burner. Now since I'm trying to figure out what to say it has surfaced full force and I have done a lot of crying. That's probably one of the reasons I'm feeling so worn out.

I have been trying not to stress about the landlord's impending arrival. We are dealing with a major ant infestation...We are also having trouble with our neighbor's Rottweiler. They let him run loose at night and he keeps coming over here and walking through my new flowerbeds. I am thinking of putting a nice, cayenne pepper-filled chicken breast in the middle of the flowerbed for him to find. Maybe if he associates a bad experience with the flowerbed, he will start staying away. His owner, unfortunately, is training him to be an attack dog, and I forsee all sorts of problems down the road with that. Husband has his bebe gun in case the dog gets out of line in our yard. He is very aggressive and I don't feel safe when he's around.

I was lucky today. I was driving home from the job, and a bee crawled down my shirt and into my bra. I almost wrecked the van trying to get him out. I could feel him crawling around and buzzing...ugh. He finally flew out my sleeve, and I got home in one piece. Then I let him out of the van. I am grateful I didn'tget stung!

Jan---I'm sorry you've been going through so much. I wish I was there to hug you.

I am off to take a little nap...(YAWN!) Hope everyone has a good weekend!

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi CeCe, jeez I wish I could be of some help. I feel so bad that things are so stressful for you. I had hoped that with the in home care there'd be some relief for you with your mom and dad. And I really hoped the job would go well for your DH. I hope he can file for unemployment until he finds a new job closer to home. I had hoped so much that things would iron themselves out and that it would a good road to walk for you.

So sorry also that your back is achy that your feeling so worn out. I just know it will get better for you.. I am keeping that good thought.

You also know I have you in my prayers each night. Wish so much I could do more.
Love and hugs, Linda R

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife, I am really sorry about your grandmother's passing and your family having the funeral so many months afterwards. I think your right that your feeling the pain and loss now. I'm sure it's a delayed reaction that your going through now. I know it will pass but My heart goes out to you because I know your feeling the loss and sorrow so deeply now. My prayers are with you.

As of the land lord, ugh, sure wish he'd have stayed in Florida a bit longer.

And as for the rottweiler, gibe it to him!! Some dog owners just don't care about their neighbors, so you shouldn't care if the dog burns his mouth on chicken. And it just may keep him outta your yard. Let me know how that goes.

I am sending you an air <<< HUG >>> and I hope you can feel the love that goes along with it.
Linda R

rudyandirmouse replied to DakotaWilsonFM's response:
Jan, I sure hope you begin to feel well in both health and heart soon. I know your missing your soul mate and I know it's been a rough go for you both physically and mentally. I am sending so many good thoughts for you right now I hope you can feel them.
Linda R

katmandulou replied to angelswife's response:
angelswife:
I'm sorry for your Gramdma's passing. They say that the rituals we go through after death of a loved one are for the living. I hope this funeral helps you cope and comforts you.
Lou

dollbug replied to angelswife's response:
Hello angelswife....MiMi in NC...as for the dog....get a little spray bottle and put water in it....catch the dog doing something he should not do....tell him no and spray him...he will learn the first couple of times that you mean business....my son provided this info to me and it works like a charm on Harley....she minds really well now....I tell her no...and get the spray bottle and she settles down...

I hope that you will feel better soon....it is hard when you lose a loved one....and it really takes a very long time for things to get better...

Take care and I hope tomorrow will be a better day for us all....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

grannyrobwray responded:
MiMi, you make me smile with the talk of your feathered friends:) One of life's simple pleasures!
Its Friday and I'm determined to NOT settle for an "I survived the week" attitude! I will continue to thrive and grow no matter what my body may throw at me!!!

God bless everyone!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
GrannyR

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.