Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do your hands and feet get hot when you are in pain:
Acheing posted:
Acheing

I have had some hits on my question and I do appreciate it. Next question is. My hands and feet get real hot when I am in a lot of pain and have told my doctor and she said that she had never heard of that being one of the symptoms. Years ago when I first noticed it I touched my mother and she said wow your hands are hot they feel like healing hands I told her that I was in a lot of pain that day. So I keep a diary on it and notice that when my hands and feet were hot those were the days that I was in a lot of pain I told my doctor but she said that she did not see the connection. So my question does this happen to anyone else.

Acheing

Take the Poll

Do your feet and hands get very hot when you are in a lot of pain?
  • i don't know what this means
vote
View Poll Results

Acheing responded:
I did not want to take a poll just had a question please disregard the poll and get back to me

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Acheing,

This isn't something that happens to me, not really (quite the opposite) but I'm responding to bump this up in the hopes that others will see your post and respond.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

happy1914 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
sometimes yes

Acheing replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for bumping it up.

GoddessStarr responded:
Yes! My hands and feet do get hot. I woke up in pain today but took some meds and went about my day had a wonderful Mothers Day Brunch... few hours later the pain intensified.. and my hands and feet got (and still are) hot and painful.

Though I don't keep a journal... when I think back, this happens to me on really bad days and when I eat certain foods...

I consumed a lot of rich food today...dairy, probably a lot of gluten and who knows what else. It was a decadent brunch buffet but don't think it was worth it based on the pain I am in now.

Rosalenna responded:
I too have noticed this. I just thought I was going crazy, or just being overly hypersensitive. Thank you for bringing this possible symptom out into the light.

forgetful88 responded:
Nope.

crazytaurenswife responded:
Mine get very cold and then it spreads to the rest of me. It takes quite a while to warm up, but once I do the pain has usually lessened.

katmandulou responded:
No, but I do run a fever.

RainaZbo responded:
I have hot hands particularly on my worst days. I haven't noticed hot feet, but I definitely have hot hands and it has been that way ever since I came down with fibromyalgia. My daughter has fibromyalgia and hot hands too. Occasionally she gets hot feet as well. Even though doctors can't connect it to fibromyalgia, I think I can. I know I'm not a professional but it seems too much of a coincidence that both my daughter and I have the same symptoms.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.