Skip to content
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 ***
dollbug posted:
A good Tuesday to all of us this morning...MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a better day....at least the sun is shining...very good start...36* and as the week-end approachs it will be getting closer to 80*....again very weird and strange weather that we have had for a long while...never know what to expect...

I did sleep better last night...when I finally was able to get to sleep..it seems like when I have a sleep issue it never last for just one night...it is several and by the time I finally get through it...I am totally exhausted. I now have a sore throat and a cold...which is not a good thing...I think I got this due to lack of rest though...dealing with the wrath of the dragon is a vicious cycle..

I hope hope each of you will also have a better day today...
with good weather.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group here. I am sure that you will find something that will help you cope better. It is a process for us all to find things that will work. Normally is takes a combination of "tools"...so hang in here with us...check out the info under "tips" and "resources" to the right of this page as I am sure you will find some good info..also check out what Dr. P and Dr. Margaret has provided us with..(see the top right hand corner for more info-click on their user name and you can read some of the discussions yourself).

Vitamin D...my favorite and most important tip....be sure and get your level checked...talk to your doctor about this...although I know some of you have said that your doctor was not interested in doing the test...I can not even guess why...as I am sure they just do not understand/know how important this is for all of us.

Enjoy your day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday to all. I hope your today will be a good one and that if you are having any fibro issues that they be slight and that you have a fibro pain free day.

MiMi, so glad you had a good night's rest. Also glad that your day is warmer and that it's not over cast.

Angelswife, I am sending out special Feel Well Quickly wishes to you. I am so sorry to hear of the knee issue you know have.

It is finally sunny here today and it will be warmer both in the day time and at night. I can set the plants back out and I really believe I can leave them out from this point on. I saw on the news here that it really snowed in Knoxville, TN and I didn't expect to see snow there this late in April. This weather is NUTS for sure.

Again my day will be a slow one. I have a few errand to run so will get up and get ready to go out the door. I finally feel safe to spend money from the checking account as the IRS has taken ' their' money and I have a 'safe' balance to work with. I do hate giving money away each year and it's not like we don't have money taken out of DH's and my checks.. We do and it's all the way down to single, but come April the IRS is cashing our check cause we always seem to owe them more than we have taken out. I'd like to know " what's up with that?"

Let me say hello to all those who will post here after me. I do hope the weird winter like weather hasn't caused you any fibro pain or issues and that it hasn't for sure caused you any road or home damage. I dunno what's going on with this nutty weather but hopefully it will settle back to nice, sunny and warm again.

Okay let me close this as I do want to get out the door before it gets to busy in the stores and market. Sending a gentle
<< air hug >> out to all, Linda R

greenwitch68 responded:
Hi All,
Very nice day here in Chicago. Picked up my vitamin D.
Hope it works.
Cooking dinner early, kinda tired today, granddaughter and daughter here for the whole day.
I'll be in bed early tonight!
Hope everyone is doing fine and feeling better.
Kath G - GW68
Oh -started light cardio ( very light) and stretching yesterday
maybe that's why I feel so tired today.

mnjeepguy responded:
Hello gang,

I'm still gimping from my sore back, but I had a good day today. It was wierd waking up to 48 degrees after yesterday's 28! It is about 63 today again and sunny. Nice for the body.

I finally spoke to the plant manager one on one. He realy likes my work and thanked me for it. I will just plug away day by day as usual, but it was good to see he is on the same page as I. I as afraid I stured the pot a little too much with things but all is good.

My boys are growing up so fast! Jonathan is almost 12 and my little guy Aden is almost 9. Take the time with our little ones, (Babys and grand babys)! Don't miss any moments if you can help it. Before you know it they pass.

I wish you all well today and hope you get the rest you need. Don't overdo it as many of us do. Take care everyone.

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon...I went in this morning and had my ultrasound on my abdomen..and she kept saying things like..I can see why you hurt when you eat...so that wasn't good..

Got home to find a call from my dad that he needed to go to the ER. Luckily, my DH had already left and gone to take him there. He took my mom back home, and then he came home. I guess dad was dehydrated. This all seem weird as I swear he is trying to drink more water and gatorade..etc. He was just in the ER last week for the same thing..

Well, my doctor called this afternoon and she wants me to have my gallbladder out right away...It hurts, but it just doesn't seem like it is that big of a problem...and I just don't feel like I have time, nor do I want to do this...seems like this will pass..I know so many here have had this done..so if anyone can tell me how long this takes to recover, etc...that would be great..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

kgsmiles replied to fibroinsd's response:
I had my gallbladder out and it took less than a week to recover. You really don't want to wait until it gets bad. The pain is really rough. Kind of like fibro and labor mixed together. Not pretty. I also understand that it can burst like an appendix. Better to get it done and over with.

living joyfully!

fibroinsd replied to kgsmiles's response:
Thanks for your experience...I just got off from scheduling. Apparently my labs are not so bad that this is an emergency. And I guess all the docs are on vacation for awhile...according to the nurse..so I can't get in to even talk to the doctor until May 4th..

cece

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello Cece....when I had a gall bladder attack...(it was right after I my hysterectory and it was not a good thing...I ended up waiting 6 months trying to recoup from that and then went in and had the gall bladder surgery..it took me over a year to completely get over this...probably because they were so close together...I know the doctor told me that I did not want to wait until it got really bad....they can burst and then you have a real bad and very dangerous sitution....I did learn though that anything with tomato in it will set it off....so stay away from the tomato based dishes...I ate pizza the night before I had the first attack....I thought something was wrong though with the surgery that I had ...I was also told that if you have problems with it...when a woman has a hysterectomy then this is a good time to have attacks with the gall bladder as well...(I did not know this) I guess it has something to do with the hormones as well...

Anyway....I do hope that you can get yours settled....you will probably have to get it done though eventually....

I hope you will have a good day...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

forgetful88 replied to fibroinsd's response:
My sister had it done as an outpatient. She was out of work for 2 days.

She suffered with hers because at the time she had no insurance, so for 6 months it was horrible & she lost weight due to not being able to keep food down.

She calls it the "three F's" disease

fibroinsd replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi...thanks for the info on tomatoes...oh my...when I go out to brunch with my parents..they serve this tiny broiled tomato that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good...I hate not being able to eat that..

Forgetful..not sure what you meant by the three f's?? anyway..thanks for the info..

My doc said it could be caused by my weight loss...isn't that what they told me to do???? OK..so now I will say that I have lost over 85 pounds and I feel SOOOOOOOOO much better...well, except for this gall bladder thing.. !

cece

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.