Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibro and breast pain/tenderness
SilverDove7 posted:
Does anyone else have this problem and could it be a symptom of fibro. I have not had a period in almost a year. This just started recently. I have taken a few lasix.

Sabrina

dollbug responded:
Hello Sabrina....MiMi in NC....it is probably PMS...as we, women, who no longer have periods, whether by surgery or otherwise....still are blessed with having PMS....I had a hysterectomy way back when...and I still can tell you when I should have my period...each and every month...

I do hope you have your mammograms each and every year....and if you feel like this is something new...then you should speak to your doctor about it...

It is always something to deal with...isn't it ?

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

SilverDove7 replied to dollbug's response:
I have mamograms every year. My last one was just this last summer and came back normal. I do not have pms and have not had breast/nipple tenderness for years. I do take prempro and have been on it for probably two to three years. I also take nneurotin for the fibro pain and physical therapy. I will be seeing my mdoc in mid may for a physical and pap. I have had cysts on my ovaries had paps come back abnormal and have had to have biopsies done on my cervix which all came out good but still have to have a pap done every six months. Iam not sure what else could be causing this. I recently started taking vitamin b12. Other wise Im still on the same old meds ive always been on. As for the neurotin I take 600 mgs three times a day.

Sabrina

booch007 responded:
Good morning Sabrina,

I have to share my story....

I had nipple pain, nipple pain like the hormonal issues you have during pregnancy. I couldn't put my bra on, to touch me just sent me to the ceiling. I looked and looked, no discharge, no discoloration...but I went to OB/GYN in hopes of fungal cream? and answer?.... N O T H I N G !

You know why? He doesn't know FM. I just happened to mention to the neurologist when I was having my trigger point injections of this weird pain to the breast and nipples.....
"Oh I know where that is coming from...I'll take care of it."

CRAP....she was riight and I never had it again. She injected just above the breasts in the muscle of the wall. As soon as she touched it I jumped, I had no idea it was *hot. SO....palpate around above the breasts and see if you find a trigger point zone.

This is an ischemic (congested) knot (palpable knot or not, tender to the touch) (play on words there). You can add heat and massage it as hard as you can tolerate and it may break up.

I used to use trigger point massage as a releif agent but it is painful and not as effective as my injections.

This issue is covered in the *survival manual I speak of so much. In my library here of FM and pain....is "FM and Chronic Myofascial Pain" by; Dr Devin Starlanyl.(amazon.com). It is so useful to see and area and know where to work to fix it.

Dr P here says we have a little of each condition...I am more CMP then I am FM, but we struggle the same none the less. We also get pooled in the same swimming pool.

I hope this helped as I remember that pain so well, and how it drove me crazy to figure it out. Hang in there........Nancy B

delicateflower01 replied to booch007's response:
I have noticed more breasts tenderness lately also. I know I already have lumpy breasts but they have never hurt like they have been lately.
I do still have periods but am not close to a cycle. I looked up breast pain on here (general search) and found out it could be related to my FM.
As I read your response to someone else, I am glad to know I am not the only one and ready to try the heat and massage. I tried to just massage it and brought myself to tears!
also thanks for sharing so many great pointers

An_245232 responded:
I also have breast pain tenderness.It is not pms.I think is is part of my fibro pain.

dcadl replied to delicateflower01's response:
am so glad someone spoke about breast pain I thought I was crazy, I have been having breast pain for about 2 months now along with my fibro pain getting worse. I havent had a period for 30 years so i knew it wasnt pms.

rudyandirmouse replied to dcadl's response:
Linda R here and I thought I'd put my in a word or two about breast tenderness/ pain.

I had a burning pain on my right breast a year ago and it just kept bothering me week after week. I had it even when I had a mammogram and I mentioned it to the technician. I had my yearly exam and mentioned the pain/ tenderness again. I had not lumps or issues and was told to call my Rheumy as they thought it was fibermyalgia.

I did go and see my Rheumy who checked it out and said it's fibro and put me back on Gabapentin.

I hate Fibro!!!
Just saying.. Gentle hugs going out to you.
Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.