Skip to content
Been feeling really bad
clkwc1964 posted:
Hey FMily,
Loving my job still but physically have been feeling really lousy. I am going to make an appointment with a new doctor soon. My work schedule really makes it hard though. I have a half a day on Fridays but so do a lot of other doctors offices. I really do not want to take off time to go to the doctor at this point. I have been at my job for about 6 months now. I really would like to feel better though. Has been very challenging working full time and keeping up with life in general.

Cat :0)

dollbug responded:
Hello Cat....so good to see your post...I am glad that your job is still working out for you....I hope you are able to pace some in doing it...I can not even imagine me having to work at this time...and I hate this...there are days though when I have no energy ....none...the doctor continues to tell me that with chronic fatigue there is nothing out there that will help....I continue to try to find something though...I just can not accept that there is nothing....

I do hope you will find something to help you feel better...I can understand just how challenging working full time can be for you....don't really know how you do this..

When I worked...I did a lot of number work...so I had to keep on my toes...balancing everyday...and sending out lots of checks...had to know how much and where it was going to...I have problems now just trying to making sure I pay my bills on time...

Anyway....so good to hear from you..

Take care and post when you can...I do miss seeing you on board here.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

DakotaWilsonFM responded:
Hi Cat... I am so sorry you are not feeling well.. but it is good to hear you are loving your job... I hope you can find a dr you can see on your schedule... It is challenging working full time and keeping up with life without being ill... add this nasty dragon and we could all use a major break...

I hope things get better for you real soon... you will be in my thoughts...

take care... soft and gentle hugs... luv

Jan/Dakota

xperky responded:
Hi Cat. I bet you are really busy, and then really tired each day. I'm glad you are able to work.

Does your work offer flex time? It is hard to work in extra things. Everyone has to see a doctor once in a while though, so they shouldn't have a big problem with it.

Hope to see you around once in a while.

Take care and rest when you can.
With Compassion,
Margaret

booch007 responded:
Cat...((((((((hugs)))))))) sent to you. Do you remember the post when we all talked about living to work and working to live.

That there was not much else after a days work for most of us. It is so sad, but I am hopefulit will be better for you in the coming months. I had to tool my every move. Look at all that I do and keep "my arms home". Decide what was worth doing at what part of the day. I still was losing ground and that was when the doc added savella to me.

That little crumb that increases my norepinephrine (like adrenaline) is my gift. I just use a 12.5mg crumb and it helped to make the toughest part at the end of the week when I run more then one department much easier.

Please look at your day and see where you have control over what repetative things you do? Think about the muscle groups you use and try and alter them. Working is excercising, use it as such. I also rub on door jams. Rest my ead up against the wall for a break.....I drink water all day to stay hydrated.

But truly that distraction is the strongest med. The joke you place out there and the laughter the best medicine! So, I hope with all my heart you can stay with it. I send you (((hugs))) again. Nancy B

clkwc1964 replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi,

I know what ya mean for the first time in my life I am having a hhard time keeping up my budget and paying bills on schedule. I got my first overdraft at 47 and not because there wasn't money but because I was not keeping up my register. I find many of my normal duties very challenging. I fall right asleep when I hit the bed I am so tired. But unfortunately I wake up real early everyday and am unable to go back to sleep and find that I am very tired most of the time lately. I am just going to keep on trucking and hoping something will give. Thanks for the encouragement. Cat:0)

clkwc1964 replied to DakotaWilsonFM's response:
Jam,

Thanks. I truly appreciate the encouragement. Cat:0)

clkwc1964 replied to xperky's response:
Margaret,

Yeah I am pretty sure the job would not have a problem with me going to the doctor I just do not want to ask yet at this point. I had to ask for a couple of days off in June cause I have a family wedding to go to. I have just been super busy at work so I have not taken the time to call the particular doctor I want to see yet. Thanks for encouragement. Cat :0)

clkwc1964 replied to booch007's response:
Nancy B,

My doctor offered me savella a year ago and I declined due to the price but I was considering reconsidering this option. Just afraid because I have so many side effects from everything I try. I am just not sure about it. I do know one thing though I do want to feel better. Thanks for the encouragement. Cat:0)

thenikki64 responded:
I also work, from 30-40 hours a week, on my feet the majority of that time. With all my 'problems', by the time I get home, I am done for the evening. I used to be able to come home, cook supper, walk dogs, but these days it is often all I can do to get in the door:) Luckily for me, my husband is happy to pick up my slack. Keep us posted on what the new doctor says. I am always interested in ideas for treatment.
Pam in Savannah

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.