Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just found you
stillhangingin posted:
Just like defeated I just stumbled across this group will I was looking up knee pain (yet a new chronic pain---but hey---whats one more to join the party!!) diag. 6 years ago hope to get some new insights from everyone

Pandorica responded:
Hi,I'm a newer person on here as well. Welcome! I was wondering the same thing. I get these deep aches in my hips an knees.it feels like it's in my bones.I don't know if this is from Fm and I made the mistake of thinking my severe spine pain was Fm and it turned out to be 8 bulging discs in my back. So now I'm left wondering how do I know what is what. Sorry I couldn't give you any answers but I'm here if you need a place to vent/cry/etc. Lauren

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome aboard, Stillhangingin and Pandorica!

I'm glad you found us too. Chronic pain is hard enough when you don't have support from others who understand.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

painfullyexhausted responded:
Hello. I'm glad you found the community as it's very helpful because you are chatting with others that can honestly say we understand your pain. I'm still a newbie here, been chatting for a couple of months but have been reading and learning for a while. I guess nothing suprises me anymore when it comes to aches and pains. I was diagnosed about 10 yrs ago but have had a rough couple of yrs as my symptoms are getting worse. New pains, no sleep, depression, exhaustion and everything else that goes with FM. My back and neck use to be horrible but it progressed to hips, knees, and feet ! I'd rather have just the back and neck pain but "the wrath of the dragon" ( as MiMi would say) does what it pleases. I swear anything is possible with FM ! I understand what your saying when you don't know if it's FM or something else like Pandorica said with her back. I just research it or ask my doctor. I have sternum pain like you wouldn't believe, my rib cage hurts and I get little knots on them that I have to rub out, yes FM again. It's a crazy, messed up thing to live with, we can only treat it as it comes because it'll never go away completely. Heat, hot lavander bubble baths, and rest is what I TRY to do on a regular basis. It does help but there' s not always time to do these things. Read as many posts that you can so you don't feel crazy when you have new symptoms. Ask, chat,and research helps to put your mind at ease. Hope things get better. Best of luck.

painfullyexhausted replied to Pandorica's response:
I just replied to stillhangingin about new pains and if it's FM or something more serious like you've experienced. Wow 8 !! That's horrible, I feel for you. I hope your figuring things out so you can get some relief. I was talking about hip and knee pain. Well for me it's definitely FM. I also have terrible foot pain, who knew ! I have corky pains that I never dreamed would be part of FM. Sternum and rib cage pain, dear lord that's painful, and you can't find a comfortable position to sleep. I'm never suprised any more when I get a new ache or pain. You described the hip and knee pain to the T. It's so deep it's kind of scary. I know when it started with me, along with the other "bone" pain, I was sure I had bone cancer because that's how the pain was described to me when you have it. My doctor assured me that it was FM and I'd have to deal with that as well as everything else, lucky me ! FM will throw it all at you and you just have to find ways to deal and get as much relief as you can with heat, hot lavander bubble baths, and rest. Hopefully you are in good meds that agree with you and have a doctor that listens. Hope things go well with your back. Best if luck.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.