Skip to content
Happy Mother's Day Week-end***5/12/2012 ***
dollbug posted:
Happy Mother's Day Week-end....MiMi in NC..and it looks like it is going to be a nice week-end at least for today....we might have showers tomorrow....I rested ok last night...just wish I could feel rested..

I am dog sitting again with Harley G...she is really good though so this is ok with me...she listens well until my older son appears and then she shows herself, just like a child...knowing that she can get by with so much more when she is home...

I hope those of you who are mothers will be hearing from your children this week-end...I am the lucky one since I see my children almost every week-end, at least once, and sometimes even more...we are a very close knit family...have always been...which is so very different from my side of the family...it is funny how different families can be...my DH's family use to be really close...I enjoyed a lot of quality time with my in laws when I first got married.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure you will soon feel right at home here. We have a lot of good FMers here who offer good tools and tips that just might also be a good "fix" to help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....there are no quick fixes though...anything and everything takes time and effort..

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is so very important..low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well..

Here is hoping each of you will have a great week-end...with lots of sunshine and a lot of good company.

Again, Happy Mother's Day...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Happy Mothers day MIMI, OUR MOMMY...who opens the daay for so many! Used to be COFFEE made each morning. Now it is Mimi*. Always showing upto open the day!

I hope for all the Fmily you have a joyous day with YOUR family , your Mom's if they are here or the children you worked so hard to make good people of. Being a MOM is tough work.

I am in trouble again. No shots without a major fight. I plan on paying out of pocket on monday, and maybe for the future. I had a long phone call with the lawyers when I got home last night, they are so nice to tell me *don't give up* but this dragon really doesn't allow you to "fight" I could hardly swallow from the spasms I was in, my back feels like i have a turtle shell on it.........I am in PAIN and my meds are not covering the sensations I am having and the "fight in my own head...is rampant"

The court session was fine, different judge, laywer for me and lawyer for the hospital made it *different*, it ended up the transcriptionist was asked to stop typing and the judge asked me to teach him about stress testing.....nuclear, plain and stress echo's. Well 30 minutes later! I can gab...I thinkI recruited 3 patients! Maybe he did that to lessen my nerves? I know my face was red...I hate going there and raising my hand and all the jargon of law being passed.

But the bottom line was that went well, but the fight for my continued therapy is so challenged. IT IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE THERAPY I GET. IT is also the most uncomfortable, but in 2 days I am in such a good place! WHY do they have to mess with me. We are talking about 24 sessions a year. 2400.00 in all I think, if they even pay that?

It hinges on the doctor learning the *jargon of therapies that they never needed to do before. It truly is pushing me to surrender as it is a month since last shots and I am caving in here. Arms are not good, tendonitis to the shoulders from the trapezius pulling on it. I have the feelings of tetnus shots to the shoulder cap.....head won't rotate now with out pain...
Sliding back to the old me. OLDER than 90 .

OK. Started this as a happy thing and digressed!. Sorry...

OK Fmily, enjoy this weekend...for all the MOM's thisis our day!!............Hugs, nancy B

angelswife responded:
Happy Mother's day to all you moms out there!

I am up but not awake---I had to take an extra half pill at 4:00 this morning and I am really hung over. I've been trying to wean myself off them and Husband says I'm doing it too quickly. That could be, but I'm getting tired of having cotton for a brain.

It will be sunny and in the 70s today. I am going to see if I can get out on the roof with the walker and get a little sunshine. I can't be up much, but once I get out there I can sit with my leg up and get a tan. In three weeks I will hopefully be healed enough to have a walking cast---we will see. There are a lot of unanswered questions about the extent of the nerve damage and that may slow things down a bit.

Think I need a nap, lol...I keep dozing off at the keyboard. Hope this post is a coherent one. I will try to check back later when the hangover's worn off.

greenwitch68 responded:
Happy Mother's Day Weekend!
Rainy, grey, day here.
Over did it yesterday cooking and cleaning- going back to bed.
Want to feel better when my son gets here.
Hope all have a very nice day.
Kath G.

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning and Happy Early Mother's Day

Muscles in my hip & lower back are spasming again this morning, so I can't sit here long. I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and you're able to enjoy some good weather. This will be our first truly warm weekend of the year - sunny and a high of 75*! The mountains still have snow on top, so we're all hoping it doesn't cause too much flooding. Temps are supposed to be even warmer over the next two days.

Sharon - *HUGS* It's so good to see you on here again! I'm in agreement with your DH, though. Cutting back on pain meds before your body is ready isn't a good idea. Will he be home to help you get to where you can get some sunshine and fresh air? Getting on the roof sounds dangerous without someone to help you. We just want to see you well again and not in worse shape because of an accident or cutting back too soon.

MiMi - I'm so glad you get to spend so much time with your children. My mom's side of my family is extremely close - nearly all of them live within 15 miles of each other. That was the hardest change for my kids when we moved to Canada. DH's family is spread out and most of them aren't very close. We see his brother about once a month for haircuts (he owns a salon). Other than calls to his mom, who lives in Australia, we don't see or hear from anyone in his family.

Nancy B. - It sounds like this judge is a good one. Wanting to understand the medical testing and finding a way to help you get through it are both very good things. Maybe it was a bit of both?

That's enough sitting here for me - my body is getting very cranky. Hope you all have a great weekend, especially the moms

~air hugs~

~Jessi

rudyandirmouse responded:
Happy Saturday before Mother's Day everyone. I want to wish all those who visit here each day and are Mother's, Grandmother's, sisters, aunt's and those who have taken on loving, caring, supporting and being there for those who have needed the nurturing of a mother a great tomorrow. And yes I also mean those to who have pets who are like family.

I know that I have had so many wonderful ladies in my life who have stepped up and taken on the role of mother, protector and my biggest supporter and I am blessed, so blessed to have had them in my life. Many of them are gone now, but the love they gave to me is still within.

And like MiMi I too get to see my DD's and GC each week and for that I am grateful. I do miss a lot of things in their daily lives but for the most part I get updates and ' fill ins ' by phone so I don't feel out of the loop very often. But yesterday my middle daughter graduated from the University of Maaco, Hawai'i and I wish I could have been there to see her walk across the stage. I did call here and tell her that her father and I would be doing something special in honor of her graduation when we see her in Florida in 2 weeks tho.

Today it's over cast and drizzling here. Not cold, but dreary. It is supposed to be like this tomorrow but I'm hoping that tomorrow will be the nicer of the two days. Warmer and nice and sunny. Fingers crossed anyway. As I said yesterday no plans for tomorrow except church service, breakfast out and then home.

Well last night was very busy, whew. Got to the hall @ 4:30, end of the set up took over an hour and 1/2 then the food service started at 6:30. We did clean up and packing up until 9 and then we were able to get out into the hall to clear the tables. Clean up in the hall had to wait until the speakers were done. I didn't walk out to the parking lot unit well after 10. All in all tho it was nice. I did get to see the fireflies while outside taking a break. I mean blink, blink, blink.. so pretty. The best time in spring for me is seeing the fireflies blinking away in the evening's darkness.

Tonight DH and I are heading out to see a movie and then dinner. Since I can't really eat out any longer, I think it's a higher high for him than for me. But yesterday I was able to button up a pair of black slacks that I haven't been able to even bring together in years, so there's proof that my diet is working. I'm down to 129 now from 138 in December. And since I am no longer eating any of my used to be staple foods so I believe I will keep the weight off now.

Yesterday I called my Rheumy's office and canceled my October appointment for a Reclast infusion. I got my first one 2 years ago October. But I have heard some really negative things said about it's long term effects on leg bones, so I had already considered not getting it again. Anyway, I heard on the nightly news Thursday that it is causing upper leg bones to break beneath the hips. I only had one infusion and I am going to make sure it's my last. I have enough medical issues to deal with that adding a broken upper leg bone to the mix will NOT be one of them. Unless they can prove it doesn't and won't break mine down the road.

I know that doctors want to help but honestly stuff is coming at us so fast these days that some of the medications that are being given to us may not be a good thing in the long term... so out if goes until someone proves it won't brake my leg bone 3 years from now.

MiMi, sorry your not feeling rested after a night's sleep. I hope you begin to feel better quickly.

NanB, sorry that your having such a hard time getting the treatment(s) you need

KathG, feel better.. I know Pace, Pace and Pace is hard to do but over all.. It does help so much,
Gentle hugs to all.. Linda R.

And Dear Angelswife, feel better. I hope you get up on the roof to take in the 70 degree temps.

Have a great day everyone.. and Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

thenikki64 responded:
Nancy, I hope you are feeling better. I am not current on your legal struggles, but it sounds like you are a pro. I hope all that work and stress leads to a verdict in your favor.

Linda, like you, I had many 'mothers'. My biological mother found me an odd child, and she never really knew what to do with me, so she wasn't always nice or nurturing. I had teachers and two of my friends' mothers who showed me what love and caring really were about. I am thankful for my mother, but I am more thankful for my 'other mothers'. All of them are in Heaven now, but I believe they still watch over me.

I never had children, but with my second marriage I gained three stepchildren. The two oldest were grown and gone, but the youngest son and I bonded. He and I have been through many things together over the years. Patrick is now a Marine in Afghanistan. I miss him so much and worry even more. He sent me the most loving letter this past Mother's Day, telling me how much he loved me and counted me as his mom. Brings tears to my eyes still.

I hope everyone here is having a good week. Thank you for sharing!
Pam in Savannah

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.