Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anyone here taking Savella?
lupylisa44 posted:
Hi everyone!

I am usually on the lupus board, but thought I would ask here since you are the experts of fibromyalgia!~

My doctor suggested I try Savella since I cannot take Lyrica. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this medication. So far, I have not heard many positive things from others who have tried it.

Happy Mothers Day to all!!!

Lupylisa

MaryinMt responded:
Hi and welcome. I am definitely not an expert recently diagnosed and still learning daily how to deal. I do take Savella and have been gradually increasing it with my doctor as it seems to need it. I take 50mg twice a day . The only side effects I've noticed are hot flashes and some nausea but if I eat something before I take it , it doesn't really bother my stomach. Good luck and hope you get your answers.
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

painfullyexhausted responded:
I can't take Lyrica either and was rx'd Savella. I didn't have much luck with it. It didn't make me feel like I did when taking Lyrica but it just wasn't a good match for me. I stayed on it for 5 mos to give it a chance but recently went off of it. Everyone is different so it may work good for you. I as well havn't had good feed back on this medication either. You can always give it a try and see, your not out anything and maybe your doctor will give you a starter pack to try. Good luck !

booch007 responded:
Hi Lisa,

I am on Savella and it is the bow on my box.....but I can only take 12.5 mg first little dose of trial. Any higher my B/P is too high, I have palpatations and yes those hot flashes are notable!

It is an SNRI, but it increases the norepinephrine 3 times higher then the seratonin. All the seratonin meds I was on were awful for me (I guess I have enough of that) but this was perfect as a tweak....not too much. I marvel over people that take the standard dose of 50mg twice a day. I can't take it at nght either or afternoon....it keeps me up.

So try it, but be careful, watch using the dose pak to start. I would say try the 12.5mg tabs and come upon the dose slowly and see how you do.

Best of luck, Nancy B

Rrosiliana responded:
Hello, I've been taking Savella for 10 months now. I started with 50 mg 2x aday which was 5 months of constant hot flashes, nausea, which happened about 1-2 hours after taking it. I noticed eating helped. When I went up to 100 mg 2x a day the side effects were less. My pain level went from a 10 to 5 and at times would go up to 7. I lost my insurance so I went off the Savella, oh boy ..in 6 weeks my pain level was intolerable. This is when i noticed how Savella was helping with my pain level. I had to do the sacrifice pay out pocket and go back on Savella. The mistake I did was go back on 100 mg..I thought I was going to die because of how sick I got, throwing up, weakness, I was in bed for a whole day so I cut the tablets to make 50 mg and gradually went up to 100. My advice is start on a low dose if you choose to try it.

Good luck!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.