Anyone here taking Savella?
lupylisa44 posted:
Hi everyone!

I am usually on the lupus board, but thought I would ask here since you are the experts of fibromyalgia!~

My doctor suggested I try Savella since I cannot take Lyrica. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this medication. So far, I have not heard many positive things from others who have tried it.

Happy Mothers Day to all!!!

Lupylisa

MaryinMt responded:
Hi and welcome. I am definitely not an expert recently diagnosed and still learning daily how to deal. I do take Savella and have been gradually increasing it with my doctor as it seems to need it. I take 50mg twice a day . The only side effects I've noticed are hot flashes and some nausea but if I eat something before I take it , it doesn't really bother my stomach. Good luck and hope you get your answers.
Signing off with tender hugs , caring thoughts and well wishes.

painfullyexhausted responded:
I can't take Lyrica either and was rx'd Savella. I didn't have much luck with it. It didn't make me feel like I did when taking Lyrica but it just wasn't a good match for me. I stayed on it for 5 mos to give it a chance but recently went off of it. Everyone is different so it may work good for you. I as well havn't had good feed back on this medication either. You can always give it a try and see, your not out anything and maybe your doctor will give you a starter pack to try. Good luck !

booch007 responded:
Hi Lisa,

I am on Savella and it is the bow on my box.....but I can only take 12.5 mg first little dose of trial. Any higher my B/P is too high, I have palpatations and yes those hot flashes are notable!

It is an SNRI, but it increases the norepinephrine 3 times higher then the seratonin. All the seratonin meds I was on were awful for me (I guess I have enough of that) but this was perfect as a tweak....not too much. I marvel over people that take the standard dose of 50mg twice a day. I can't take it at nght either or afternoon....it keeps me up.

So try it, but be careful, watch using the dose pak to start. I would say try the 12.5mg tabs and come upon the dose slowly and see how you do.

Best of luck, Nancy B

Rrosiliana responded:
Hello, I've been taking Savella for 10 months now. I started with 50 mg 2x aday which was 5 months of constant hot flashes, nausea, which happened about 1-2 hours after taking it. I noticed eating helped. When I went up to 100 mg 2x a day the side effects were less. My pain level went from a 10 to 5 and at times would go up to 7. I lost my insurance so I went off the Savella, oh boy ..in 6 weeks my pain level was intolerable. This is when i noticed how Savella was helping with my pain level. I had to do the sacrifice pay out pocket and go back on Savella. The mistake I did was go back on 100 mg..I thought I was going to die because of how sick I got, throwing up, weakness, I was in bed for a whole day so I cut the tablets to make 50 mg and gradually went up to 100. My advice is start on a low dose if you choose to try it.

Good luck!