Skip to content
Good Things?
ggladieux posted:
The only few good things that I have in my life right now is my jewelry making, a wonderful and supportive husband.

The one thing I could do without is being judged harshly by folks who do not understand or want to even try to understand. I wish I understood why my mother and I are no longer close, is it because she doesn't understand how debilitating this illness really is? My father has been more understanding and compassionate.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm glad your father has been more understanding and compassionate. Having even one person in our lives like that can make a huge difference.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1wareaglefan responded:
Hi, ggladieux.....You're very fortunate to have a very supportive husband when it comes to this illness. And I'm glad your father is also being understanding. I don't understand about your mother. You'd think she'd be more sympathetic.

It is bad with this illness the way we have to pretty much go through it alone, being misunderstood by most. And you're right....most people don't even bother to find out about it so they can support you. That is the most hurtful to me.

Well, I'm just thankful to have my friends on support groups who understand me and offer encouragement and concern.

I guess for now, that has to be enough. I pray that one day this illness gets the respect it deserves!

Take care....Elizabeth

ggladieux replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
There is still a popular misconception that this illness is all in our head, I sometimes wish that i could transfer all the pain, depression, and for me anger to the people who don't understand to them for just one day. That's all it would take. There are clinics for alcoholics, drug addicts, why can't there be local support for folks with chronic illness such as Fibromyalgia?

ggladieux replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, I'm glad I've found this forum, it makes me feel less alone.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.