Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question for the ladys.
SilverDove7 posted:
Sometimes when I need to pee..it comes out so slow. Other times its normal. Then I have times when I feel the need to pee and I have to strain to get it out. Does anyone else have this problem or know anything about it...maybe its a menapausal thing?

Sabrina

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi SilverDove,

I'm responding to bump this up in case others missed it over the weekend.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

bpcookie responded:
AHA!!! Menopause!!! The same thing has been happening to me too but I was blaming it on the Lyrica. So maybe it is because of menopause. And to think, I used to have a problem trying NOT to pee when I coughed, sneezed or laughed. Now I have the opposite problem.

Its so much fun to be a woman. *sigh*

Fibrofog64 responded:
I was beginning to wonder if I have forgotten to pee. But yes, I too have felt this. Is it menapause?
Cindy

Ambersmom97 replied to Fibrofog64's response:
Oh my gosh I am not the only one!!! I go through the same thing sometimes it takes me forever to pee. I am on the toilet 10 minutes just to pee! It's like I have to wait for it to drop to a certain point then push really hard for any to come out then it's back to the waiting game. I am 47 and going into menopause, I haven't had a period in over 6 months. I can't take hormone replacements because they mimic morning sickness only it hits me at night. I take black cohosh instead.

Does anyone have a clue as to if it is menopause or fibro or what? I also have IBS so on that end I either can't go or I am running for the bathroom. This is so crazy.... are we just cursed as women or what?
It's not the years in your life that count but the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

McCallum78 responded:
Hi, I have the same issue. I am only 30, but I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 26. Since then, I have had the same issue. I have found that drinking as much water as possible seems to help. Also, I have bladder spasms related to the FM. My doctor prescribed Levsin. It seems to help on my bad days.

Christina

SilverDove7 replied to McCallum78's response:
I dont have burning or pain when I pee. I too am currently in menopause...im 47. I also understand that this is a symptom of Fm. Anyone else have information?

Sabrina

bpcookie replied to Ambersmom97's response:
The more I read what you girls are writing the more I wonder if it is menopause. I dont have fibro and was only visiting the community because I had a Lyrica question and I ran across this post. Are you girls on Lyrica by any chance?

SilverDove7 replied to bpcookie's response:
Im not on Lyrica ..Im on neurotin.

Sabrina

Ambersmom97 replied to bpcookie's response:
no I am on Neurontin also. I thought it might be related to my pain meds and muscle relaxer but I've never had it in the past only in the last 6 months or so.
It's not the years in your life that count but the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

maggiethedoglover replied to Ambersmom97's response:
I'm on Lyrica (for at least 3 years) and have been going through menopause forever but this symptom only started during the last year. I also take a muscle relaxer at bedtime. I will get up during the night having to pee and try to relax my bladder to let it out without success. Sometimes turrning the water on or pushing it out helps. Very frustrating! Not so bad during the day.

Hmm.....just another trick of the dragon????

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

agingslowly responded:
I have this problem. I just press some toilet paper on the urine outlet and the tissue starts the flow. I think it starts to absorb it and gets things going. I have had a hysterectomy (complete) and had to have a vaginal wall prolapse surgery with a mesh implant. That seemed to make matters worse. I am 65 and way past menopause so I am linking it to the surgeries I have had.

Try this and see if it helps. I hope it does )

maggiethedoglover replied to agingslowly's response:
Thanks for the tip. I will try it.

By the way, how do you know when you're past menopause? I was on premarin for over ten years until the study came out saying it was not helping your heart but hurting it. I have had hot flashes ever since. My doctor never told me when it would end and I know the hot flashes could be a symptom or a side effect.

maggie

SilverDove7 replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
I take prempro and it helps with my hot flashes. I also found that the neurotin im on helps too. I dont know what is causing us to have the pee problems for sure. The body is a mystery thats for sure.

Sabrina

maggiethedoglover replied to agingslowly's response:
Hi there,

Although this discussion ws a month ago, I wanted to thank you for the toilet paper suggestion and let you know that it often works for me.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.