Skip to content
Not just another pain
georgia888 posted:
I would like to advise everyone to not overlook a new pain. The past few weeks I've had pain in my right ear & thought it was just another Fibro issue. I was proved quite wrong when I was awakened about 2:30 Sunday morning by excruciating pain in my right ear. I got out of bed & walked around some before returning to bed. The pain was so bad that I considered going to Emergency but decided against it. After tossing & turning for a while, I felt what I thought was water draining from my ear. The pain soon then subsided. I swim every day at the pool & thought that it might be water backed up in my ear. I didn't turn a light on however, when I awoke a few hours later to get up for the day, there was blood oozing from my ear! When I looked at my pillow, I saw a large round stain of blood as well.

I went to Urgent Care & learned that I had an infection known as "swimmer's ear." The doctor prescribed drops containing an antibiotic & a steroid.

Of course, left untreated, something like this could have had a much worse outcome.

Moral of the story, yes, we hurt all over, however when it's a new pain you may be experiencing, don't necessarily write it off as Fibro.

katmandulou responded:
I'm sorry you were feeling badly, and I'm glad it didn't get worse! Lou
DakotaWilsonFM responded:
I am glad you caught it before something worse happened... I hope you recover very fast... take care...

soft and gentle hugs.. love... jan/dakota
georgia888 replied to DakotaWilsonFM's response:
Thank you both, KatmanduLou & DakotaWilsonFM for your concerns.

Helpful Tips

Weight Loss and pain
I am a 43 yr old female with fibromyalgia and numerous other dx's attached to my medical records...overweight, depressed, immune ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 75 found this helpful