Skip to content
Not just another pain
georgia888 posted:
I would like to advise everyone to not overlook a new pain. The past few weeks I've had pain in my right ear & thought it was just another Fibro issue. I was proved quite wrong when I was awakened about 2:30 Sunday morning by excruciating pain in my right ear. I got out of bed & walked around some before returning to bed. The pain was so bad that I considered going to Emergency but decided against it. After tossing & turning for a while, I felt what I thought was water draining from my ear. The pain soon then subsided. I swim every day at the pool & thought that it might be water backed up in my ear. I didn't turn a light on however, when I awoke a few hours later to get up for the day, there was blood oozing from my ear! When I looked at my pillow, I saw a large round stain of blood as well.

I went to Urgent Care & learned that I had an infection known as "swimmer's ear." The doctor prescribed drops containing an antibiotic & a steroid.

Of course, left untreated, something like this could have had a much worse outcome.

Moral of the story, yes, we hurt all over, however when it's a new pain you may be experiencing, don't necessarily write it off as Fibro.

georgia

katmandulou responded:
Georgia:
I'm sorry you were feeling badly, and I'm glad it didn't get worse! Lou

DakotaWilsonFM responded:
I am glad you caught it before something worse happened... I hope you recover very fast... take care...

soft and gentle hugs.. love... jan/dakota

georgia888 replied to DakotaWilsonFM's response:
Thank you both, KatmanduLou & DakotaWilsonFM for your concerns.

Fondly,
georgia

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.