Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lyrica and weight gain
bpcookie posted:
Ok peeps, I have another question about Lyrica. I take 150 mgs twice a day. Ive been on it for two months and Ive gained 10 lbs. eeeeekkkk Does this weight gain thing ever level off or am I going to continue gaining weight until I blow up? Also, does it cause water retention?

13kathi responded:
I took Lyrica for a couple months but could never get over 50 mg twice daily because of dizziness, blurred vision and just about tipping over for no reason. I also gained 15 pounds in that time. From what I have seen the gain doesn't stop sorry to say.
Kathi

forgetful88 responded:
I used it & also had the water retention, so I quit taking it.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
I took Lyrica and it caused my feet and ankles to swell so bad that they looked like elephant legs. I had to stop the medication. I am taking cymbalta now and it is working great without side effects. Did you talk to your doctor about the weight gain? Your doctor may be able to let you know if the weight gain is permanent or will go away.
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

ttrem replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
I had the same reaction to Lyrica. It was a month after the dr. took me off Lyrica that I was actually able to wear my shoes again instead of slippers. Thank goodness it was summertime! Cymbalta gives me no side effects, but I'm starting to think I need a higher dose.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.