Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibro Pain!
pleasehelppp posted:
My pcp doesnt believe in pain meds and im dying with pain!! I cant hold a job, I cant play with my kids for long. I walk 30 minutes a night, tried magnesium, vitamin D and they have me on notriptyline 30 mg a day and a muscle relaxer called metrocarpol or something like that 500 mg and they dont help at all!! Any advice??

Please help me!!

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome....MiMi in NC...actually pain pills do not always help the FM pain....if so, only for a very short time....I have learned how to control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well...check out the info under *Tips* and *Resources*....I am sure you will find something that perhaps you have not thought of....

Have you tried using a heating pad? Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts so that you can sleep better? Tried Stopain Spray? Have you kept a journal of what you do....meals and physical activity so that you might be able to pin point things that could cause more pain? You should also allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to try....

There are no quick fixes to coping with the wrath of the dragon....it does take a trial and error process to figure out what may or may not help you cope better...

How long have you been on your medications and supplements? Did you get your doctor to check your Vitamin D level? This is important...so that you get enough of the Vitamin D to get your level within the *normal range*...and this can take quite a while to do as well..

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more might help you also...

I hope this helps...learn all you can about FM...I am sure you will soon find something that will help you cope better...

Good luck and take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Ladyteguesian responded:
You need to find a different PCP.. I haven't yet been diagnosed with Fibro but I have friends that have and you cannot go with out something.. Personally I can't take much.. I'm a lightweight that gets sick on anything stronger than a 5/500 Vicodin..in the meantime, try Magnesium it really does help.

Ladyteguesian responded:
Something else I found, and you will have to look for it..Is called Formula 303. I had such horrible pain one day, and went to my backup doctor (a D.O) and he's really a stickler about prescribing drugs when you are being treated by another physician. But he asked if I would like to try an alternate...OK.. I took 2 caps in his office 2 mid afternoon 2 at dinner 2 at bedtime and slept like the proverbial rock. Woke up the next morning and felt like a different person. I ACTUALLY felt happy. I really didn't want to stay on them long term (a bit pricy) but you could, as there is no narcotics in them.. all natural herbs. You might be able to find them at an alternative medicine shop or perhaps at the chiropractors.

Weezie6452 replied to Ladyteguesian's response:
Lady, Thank you for mentioning Formula 303. I used to take that back in the 90s, recommended by my holistic massage therapist. It's good stuff. When she moved, access was gone and it was forgotten. Now with the internet it's easy to find.

Louise

Ladyteguesian replied to Weezie6452's response:
You are welcome.. I had about forgot it as well, as I can't afford to take it daily. I got stricken one day with the WORST and I mean crying pain. I asked for a stronger dose of my vicodin (yeah right like I knew that would work) and my secondary physician had some 303 in his office.. one day of taking them, I felt like a different person.. I actually felt happy.

judyst1 responded:
I have had some relief from Omega 3 and vit.D, but not enough to avoid pain killers.Physical therapists can give wonderful, helpful massaegs, but they are temporary relief. I "only" take ibroprophen, but it helps. I still worry about the long term consequences of taking it daily.
I know people who find help from Cymbatta, but I have only heard nightmare stories about Lyrica. I am SO afraid of trying it. Of course, there are days when I would love more powerful relief from pain
Hope you have an OK day (often all we can ask for)

pleasehelppp replied to judyst1's response:
I have found some relief thru 3000mg of magnesium a day in the morning and 2000 mg of vitamin D3 a day at night time. Also found some relief with daily walks but the mornings and evenings still kill me with pain! I hope you find relief soon too! I go to see my new pcp on Thursday at 2pm.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.