Skip to content
foot pain
An_245824 posted:
Hello my name is Roxanne and Im a new person to this site. I fell in my workplace in 2006 and blew out 3 discs in my neck. A year lalter they did surgery on me. I had cervical disc fusion. It tends to make me have alot of headaches. After that I noticed the pain I had was in places that were new. One place that was and is really bad is the tope of my feet. Its ongoing. I was diagnosed in 2007 of having FM . He says the pain in the top of my feet is FM. I have all ofmthe 18 tenderpoints and most days I am in pain. I take neurontin now. I was taking narcotics until about 17 months ago. Im depressed also due to the FM and chronic pain. I go to a chirporactor and it helps me some except the tops of my feet. Is there anyone out there who has this sort of foot pain???? Roxanne

painfullyexhausted responded:
I'm sorry you're having this problem. I don't really have any imput, just wanted to say I undrstand your pain. I don't have pain on the top of my foot, mine is plantar fascitis so I understand other pains than just FM pain. Hope you find helpful information regarding this problem. Best of luck

dollbug responded:
Hello Roxanne and welcome....MiMi in NC....sorry that you are dealing with so much....I hope the you filed a workers compensation claim on your injury and I hope that the company assisted you on this injury..I also had cervical surgery...but they used some sort of appliance in my neck...I recovered nicely and I do not have a lot of issues with it...

Have you tried to soak your feet in epsom salts? Or you might try the hot wax therapy...you can purchase a wax *bowl* at Walmarts and the wax also...you might also try the Stopain Spray or roll on (also at walmart)...

At night I take a hot shower using lavender bath salts to help relax my body so that I can sleep better...you can also just soak your feet in this, if you too tired to get a shower..

I would also encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other health issues as well.

I hope you will also check out the info under *Tips* and *Resources* that you will find to the right of this page...you will find a lot of good *tools and tips* that perhaps you have not thought of...you never know what may or may not help you cope...it does take a trial and error process to find something or a combination of things that will help you cope better..

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Roxxxy56 replied to painfullyexhausted's response:
Thank you PE, it means alot to be able to post on this board to people that are the same as I am with FM.

Roxxxy56 replied to dollbug's response:
Hello MiMI, I have had my vitamin D checked and it was good. As for the foot soak in epsom salts, that too. The stopain spray I havent, so Ill get some of that. I just moved to a bigger city which has more doctors , in which I need to get. Ill get a referral to a rheumatologist which I hope helps me out.Thank you for responing to me, Im glad there is a current up to date site in which others answer soon and I feel a bond with all of you, being we are going thru FM . Roxanne

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.