Skip to content
foot pain
An_245824 posted:
Hello my name is Roxanne and Im a new person to this site. I fell in my workplace in 2006 and blew out 3 discs in my neck. A year lalter they did surgery on me. I had cervical disc fusion. It tends to make me have alot of headaches. After that I noticed the pain I had was in places that were new. One place that was and is really bad is the tope of my feet. Its ongoing. I was diagnosed in 2007 of having FM . He says the pain in the top of my feet is FM. I have all ofmthe 18 tenderpoints and most days I am in pain. I take neurontin now. I was taking narcotics until about 17 months ago. Im depressed also due to the FM and chronic pain. I go to a chirporactor and it helps me some except the tops of my feet. Is there anyone out there who has this sort of foot pain???? Roxanne

painfullyexhausted responded:
I'm sorry you're having this problem. I don't really have any imput, just wanted to say I undrstand your pain. I don't have pain on the top of my foot, mine is plantar fascitis so I understand other pains than just FM pain. Hope you find helpful information regarding this problem. Best of luck

dollbug responded:
Hello Roxanne and welcome....MiMi in NC....sorry that you are dealing with so much....I hope the you filed a workers compensation claim on your injury and I hope that the company assisted you on this injury..I also had cervical surgery...but they used some sort of appliance in my neck...I recovered nicely and I do not have a lot of issues with it...

Have you tried to soak your feet in epsom salts? Or you might try the hot wax therapy...you can purchase a wax *bowl* at Walmarts and the wax also...you might also try the Stopain Spray or roll on (also at walmart)...

At night I take a hot shower using lavender bath salts to help relax my body so that I can sleep better...you can also just soak your feet in this, if you too tired to get a shower..

I would also encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other health issues as well.

I hope you will also check out the info under *Tips* and *Resources* that you will find to the right of this page...you will find a lot of good *tools and tips* that perhaps you have not thought of...you never know what may or may not help you cope...it does take a trial and error process to find something or a combination of things that will help you cope better..

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Roxxxy56 replied to painfullyexhausted's response:
Thank you PE, it means alot to be able to post on this board to people that are the same as I am with FM.

Roxxxy56 replied to dollbug's response:
Hello MiMI, I have had my vitamin D checked and it was good. As for the foot soak in epsom salts, that too. The stopain spray I havent, so Ill get some of that. I just moved to a bigger city which has more doctors , in which I need to get. Ill get a referral to a rheumatologist which I hope helps me out.Thank you for responing to me, Im glad there is a current up to date site in which others answer soon and I feel a bond with all of you, being we are going thru FM . Roxanne

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful