Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Drooling for your good weather!
booch007 posted:
Man I am dying over here with the rain......is there someone in upper Ohio or after the great lakes to blow it the other way!!! This is coming all down from Canada and the cycle is not breaking....

CRAP. I am off this week with Vacation time and now I am well to use it, and the weather cannot possibly stink still.

Think this is subliminal to keep me from DOING!! I get so paranoid!.

Well, the birthday party was so much fun. The Place was perfect for a party in the rain....and THEN I PRAYED to the right of the sheltered area and looked to the sky and the sun came out for the last hour!!! IT was a perfect day, cool not cold..and the kids had a ball. All they were interested in was the slides, sand and swings...

I ran around with towels and cleaned them off and it was great. The place had a nice bathroom and 3 grills if we were going to use them.....IT was great. I did too much lifting and holding of Madelyn, but the GD's kept asking for Nana...so "There I was"..

Then as luck had it, my DS got tickets to the NY Mets game last night against the Yankees....and it was not to be passed up, so I babysat the rest of the night.

I have to share just one story of how you get sucked into their world. The "cage thing that corrals a good space for play takes up the living room just about at their house,. well little Madelyn knows to crawl and push the end "to get out"...

"oh no, Madelyn is leaving again......(nana)
"No, it's OK she is going on a ADVENTURE, (Olivia)
"Well, I guess we have to go too." (nana)
Olivia drops to her knees and crawls out the same way....
Nana drops to her knees and goes out the same way......(yikes)

"Oh Nana the ADVENTURE is in the bathroom" (Olivia)....(other side of the house) I then stood up "No Nana...you have to crawl!"
No, I can't Olivia not that far(nana)

So we get to the bathroom and Olivia says.."Well we are here...where is the ADVENTURE? "the ADVENTURE is finding something you haven't seen before or done before.....(nana)

So we washed Madelyn's hands in the sink (she has not done that yet) WE were done!!!!!

The next ADVENTURE was later after Madelyn crashed asleep and we went to the basement looking for Tinkerbell....we also sang Happy Birthday to eachother on her kareoke microphone...
"Happy Birthday to US!' A perfect day and night......

I lay in bed last night, in pain but with the memories and words passed between us and the joy of the day circling me! GOOD STUFF.

Today they have invited themselves over.....I wish we could go out, I have so much to do before shots and cooking a BarBQ is not what I want to do and it is looking TO RAIN AGAIN .......

Cripes! I am moldy from all this rain, I swear. I feel like I live in London or up in Alaska somewhere.....crazy stuff.

OK, had to share the magic I had yesterday and that the place really was great. I brought my food, my meds and water and a rain jacket and umbrella...looked like I was moving in, but I was thinking all kings of things......(with FM you must prepare. be a girl scout!).............................Hugs to all, Nancy B

dollbug responded:
Hello Nana B....I am sure that this will be one birthday that both you and Olivia will always remember...I know they are young...but you might be quite surprised at just how much these little ones can remember...

My older son was 15 months on when we went over to the school and he still talks about this adventure...no joke...he could NOT have a memory of this...but he did...many years later he asked me about it...I was floored...so we never know which *adventures* will stick out in their little minds...

They are only young for such a short time....and as we all know just how time flies...I surely do miss "G" who will be 8 next month...we are now in the 2nd round of this grand *saga*....(as I call this)...some people would be quite shocked to know what I have had to endure for several years...the *unknowns* never bring an ease to my mind...I have discovered though just how broken our *system* is....it is not good...and *most* are just clueless about what might happen...a person can just get *caught up in the system*....for no reason at all...except for a false accusation...which can happen and does...it is a scary journey to take...trust me...had I not taken all of the steps along with my son...I would have not believed this myself...I am so thankful that this part of done with....for now...as we never know what might be next...

Enjoy you precious moments with your grandbabies...as this is time you both will remember and cherish...I long to see my "G"....and wonder just how much this has affected her little life...

I hope you get some sunshine soon....as the front must be arriving here today....and will be here until Friday....OMG...I am not looking forward to a lot of rain...so I hope it will just be showers off and on...

Take care...and rest up today..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

jillylin responded:
Come to England. We have had a month's worth of rain in 12 hours and we are still being told we are in the grip of a drought!
Jilly in UK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.