Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Five Things Fibromyalgia Will Never Take Away from Me
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
After reading this great blog entry (and I recommend you clicking on the link here and reading), I'm now wondering how each of you would answer this:

Five (or more) Things Fibromyalgia Will Never Take Away from Me:

We talk so much about what FM has taken away from us so I thought we'd turn the tables this week.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'll start:

1. How good a friend I am.
2. How good a mom I am.
3. My love of great movies and animation.
4. My love of a good book.
5. My love of the ocean and how walking through old-growth forests down to the sea impacts me still.

How about you?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

angelswife responded:
Five Things Fibro Will Never Take From Me:

1. My ability to create beauty in any form

2. My capacity to love others

3. My ability to choose my state of mind (as Beverly Sills once said, "I may not always be happy but I can always be cheerful.")

4. My practice of finding joy in my life every day

5. My ability to reach out and help another human being

6. My compassion and my "listening ears"

fibroinsd responded:
I don't have my five yet..I will think ..but the article is good, and so are both of your five..love what you said...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Randm2220 responded:
Great discussion!

5 things fibro will not take from me,

1. My family and friends and the love that we share. 2. My love for the things God has created 3. The joy of a good book 4. My love of music 5. My wonderful DH and my 2 amazing children.

1 and 5 are kinda the same. By family in 1 I was thinking of my extended family.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I love reading all your responses!

And hey, Cece, where are yours?

fibroinsd replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
ok...ok...do I have to think today??? LOL !

1. Having tea with my neighbor and friend that I have had for 25 years...
2..My love of kids...I just love working in the schools..even if it is just for a little while..
3. Meeting new people...even new friends on-line..
4. A good laugh..
5. Being able to just walk outside and see the beauty around me..

Cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 responded:
Good thread here Caprice...GOOD ONE!

1) My ability to be empathetic and care for others.
2) The love of my Family and Grandchildren
3) The beauty I see now in things that I was too busy before to know about.
4) Humility
5) My joy of music in my life and laughter.

Thnaks, Nancy B

Teelady1 responded:
Great discussion topic!

1. spending time with family & friends
  2. the enjoyment of crocheting and making gifts for people
  3. the enjoyment of good movies and TV
  4. the enjoyment of singing in the church choir
  5. the joy my cat brings to my life each day

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to fibroinsd's response:
Attagirl, Cece! It's good to hear yours and everyone else's too.

I have to admit that I was in a glass half empty mode when I first read the blog entry and it really got me thinking. All your responses have just reinforced that for me and I've turned the corner to a more positive attitude again. I hope it's done the same for all of you.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Things FM will not take from me:

1. My smile. Even in pain I love to smile. 2. My love for my family and pets. 3. The joy of a good movie. 4. The love my family and pets give me. 5. The love God has showed me. 6. The wonderful feeling of having a day of feeling good. I use to take feeling good for granted. Not now, I savor each good day.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Shortywithpain replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
I am new here as you willl see . I am in a pessimistic mood right now, so hard to find all five. Physically now I am doing well to help myself. I was a legal assistant for 30 years. I lost my job of 18 years in 2010 because of my illness and have been unable to keep a job since. At the time we were unaware of a severe B12 deficiency that was adding major problems to the fibro. I still can't maintain a job. I was divorced in 2005, he is not really in the picture anymore. I believe the stress of that major topped off by my mother's death in 2007 may be what brought the fibro on. I have two sons, one 22 who is on his own and the other is almost 18 and at home with me. I am getting unemployment, but it seems as if I may be facing eviction if I can't find a job. I have applied recently for social security disability - we know that will be a while. I have faith that God as a reason for everything. I am being honest and very negative, but I am thinking the world would be be better place within me in it as a burden to my children. It just seems my illness has put so many limitations on me without me having to worry about keeping a roof on our heads and at least my son finishing his last year of school at the same school he has been attending since 4th grade. My oldest son does not get it. He tells me to push through the pain. I told him this is not like lifting weights and I will be a little sore for a few days. There is no way to push, or at least I haven't found it. I have only found one doctor (a neuropsychiatrist) who has helped me to an extent with meds. I just can't find anyone who believes in it or knows enough about it to give me real help. Right now I have no insurance and all my meds and doctors appts. are out of my pocket. Neuropsychiatrist will not talk to you over the phone, you always have to go in - $90 sometimes for a five min. conversation. I don't know what I need. I need someone who knows how to treat me that cares. I have a wonderful family doctor, but she is not an expert and does not totally agree on some of the meds I am talking, so we agree to disagree. She couldn't be my fibro doctor. (Caprice your quote is so true, but yet hard to explain to my family. -We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us - Joseph Campbel) Right now I don't like how far down I am being taken, it is devastating and unpleasant. I want a real home and life for when I have grandchildren. I want to play with them and hold them. Cook for them. Help them walk. Pick them up when they cry. I want to spoil them like crazy. I need someone who can help me that cares right now. I worked five hours at a catering job last night and am so depressed and hurt today. I had a dog who was getting so old he was losing conrol of his bladder that I had to have put to sleep and my precious Sophie (precious persian cat) I had to give away because I am not able financially or physically to take care of. I have no family but my two sons and they have so much to be bitter about. Their father turned out to be just a complete dead beat. Now look at me. I have no compassion from anyone. I am trying to keep my faith. I guess I will see what tomorrow brings. One more day to see what God will do.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Shortywithpain's response:
Hi Shortywithpain,

I'm sorry for your need to be here but glad you found us. (((softhugs)))

debrabrooks1960 replied to Shortywithpain's response:
I am so sorry to hear about all your troubles. I will pray for you. There are many of us here that face so many of the same problems. Sometimes I think God let's us go through some really bad times so that we will appreciate the good times when they come. I just wish more of the good times would come more often! I send you one big soft hug.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

schrode replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Caprice,

My son says that the glass is always full, it's just that half of it is water and the other half air. Just goes to show that it is all in your perspective. I am working on learning to live in a glass full mentality!

Soft hugs,
Deb

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.