Skip to content
TGIF****Roll Call *** New members too ***6/15/2012
dollbug posted:
TGIF*** MiMi in NC...where it is cloudy this morning but it is suppose to be a good day...here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope that everyone will have a good Friday...we are again at the middle of the month...OMG...these months truly fly by...it will soon be the longest day of the year and summer will be here...I think I read where it has been predicted not to be such a hot, hot summer here....well...I do hope someone is right.

Sunday is Father's Day....and I do hope each of the fathers here will indeed have a good day....I hope that you will have a good day filled with good food and lots of good memories....I know that I truly miss my dad...he and I were really close...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...this is not an easy task to do...as it does take time and effort so hang in there...and keep on keeping on...you too will soon be dancing with the dragon instead of draggin the dragon...(I think this is how Nana B puts it)...

Vitamin D....I know there has been some recent findings that they now think some people do not need to take Vitamin D....talk to your doctor about this...it seems like medical researchers go back and forth on what is good for people....one has to wonder how they do this...I am sure there is a reason...
But I am only going by what I know that has helped me...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a good Friday and a great week-end..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday to all. Here's wishing each of you a very nice day. I do hope that you each have plans already set for this Father's Day weekend. My father passed many years ago and I wish I was able to at least put some flowers out on his grave, but being here, so far away, it's not possible. But I will keep him in my thoughts all day Sunday and I know he'll know how much I love him and miss him.

It's going to rain here today and cool down a bit. Yesterday was so nice. It was near 100 but a cool breeze kept it feeling nice and no over heats. DH and I were out most of the day and really was surprised to hear it had gotten so hot. It will be hot again tomorrow so I am going to enjoy any cool down or rain we get here today. We've had to use the in ground sprinklers here it's gotten so dry so the rain, if we get it, will be appericated.

DH and I took our oldest daughter out to dinner last night and it was nice. I don't eat sushi so the girls there brought me deserts to eat while the others had dinner. Nice.

As for Father's Day we have plans to met her on Saturday for church service and then again on Sunday to see a movie and then dinner. So plans for our weekend are set and DH seems happy.

He loves his new fishing rod. I guess I did good. I had bought him the one he used most times when fishing many years as a Father's Day gift from me and the girls many years ago back in Los Angels. I was the very best rod at the time and very pricey and it did last over 25 years, but for what ever reason it snapped at the very end of the rod a few weeks ago. So I said I'd replace it. I had thought to buy him the same brand that I had all those years ago but the cost of the rod has doubled now, nearing 325.00 OUCH, but the Pro Bass brand is as good and half the price and even better when on sale for Father's day. So I got lucky this Father's Day and he's very happy.

My arms look battered and bruised this morning thanks to a few misplaced pin pricks yesterday. I swear I told the lady not once but three times, small needle, left arm and right here is the best place to draw blood. Did she listen? Oh heck no. So for the next few days my arms will look like they were in a train wreck. Not happy.

I have only one reason to be out and about today. I have a 1 o'clock appointment to get the second, older hearing aide I have set for use in my left ear. I have the new hearing aide in the right ear now. I will have to get used to being able to hear out of the left ear as I haven't had a hearing aide in it ever. Should be interesting to hear out of that side of my head for a change. They tell me it will be set very high so I can use it when out in crowds or at a concert, that kind of thing. It will not be for everyday use and that's okay.

I may try it out tomorrow at the Grand Opening of the Farmer's Market here in town. it's a newer place that was built over the winter. Very nice with lots of open space for farmers and merchants to display their wares. I may have to walk a block to get to it however as I hear it will be very crowed with " lookie loo's " checking out the new place. Oh yeah that will be me too. LOL

Okay I guess I should get my day moving along. Have a really good day everyone. I am sending " feel well " good thoughts out to each of you.

Gentle hugs, Linda

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning! Happy Friday!

A quick check-in as I need to get to work.

Unfortunately, not very good sleep for a 3rd night in a row. Usually after 2 bad nights, I'll get better sleep on the 3rd. No such luck. Maybe tonight. It's supposed to get very hot and humid here over the next couple of days. I'll turn on the AC today - maybe I'll sleep better with the AC. Though I wasn't hot last night.

Need to go grocery shopping to get stuff for the Father's Day dinner I'm cooking. Selected a couple of dishes I can make ahead of time so that I won't be running around like a crazy lady at the last minute.

Wishing everyone a terrific Friday with little or no pain - and good sleep tonight!

Have a wonderful weekend!

katmandulou responded:
TGIF and Happy Father's DAy to you!

It's nice here, 70-ish and sunny. We're looking for the same weather over the weekend.

I've had a good couple of days. I went with my sister to a reception celebrating Cancer Survivors (she's 18 years past a leukemia dx, and 17.5 years past a bone-marrow transplant!) It was weird seeing again the docs and nurses who cared for her. Neither of us won a raffle prize, but one of her docs won two! They had nice food, awesome cupcakes, and an entertainer named Charlie Lustman. He to is a cancer survivor and his story is awful yet touching. His cancer led him to be an entertainer, I haven't checked out his website or FB page, but I will.

Tomorrow is the 125th birthday party for my town. I'm involved with the committee, and hope to have a fun-filled day.

Gotta go to my shoulder doc, I have to remember stress what I can't do, not what I can do!

Have the bast day- and best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi Lou, just had to post again and say Congratulations to your sister!! Sorry neither you or your sister won the door prize.

Hope you feel better ( shoulder ) and glad the weather this weekend will be nice for you.

Have fun @ your town's 125TH anniversary.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

katmandulou replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Ahh the shoulder. The 'bad' part is called the AC (or acromioclavicular) joint - not a real joint but a space where the Acromion ends and the Collarbone ends. There's fibrous tissue between them and it's inflamed, causing the pain.

I first saw him two months ago, and ended up with a cortisone shot. SInce it's not a 'real' joint with movement, the space is really really small and the shot has to be done in X-ray so they can see where the needle is going. He wants to try another cortisone shot, and I hope it lasts more than two months. The next step is an MRI (I hate the tube!), then arthroscopic surgery to trim the end of my clavicle to eliminate any pressure.
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Most of you suffer with more than I, my heart goes out to you.

Today was a good day. I was able to sneek out of work at 12:30. I came home and started edging my 100 plus year old sidewalk that is about 2" below grade now. I stopped before I went over! We had my brother, sister's ex,(good man) and a close friend over just to hang out and laugh togehter. I was overdue for that. I needed the socializing. We had a nice visit simply put.

I am anxiously awaiting my appt. on the 25th. My expectations are probably set too high, but I want to move forward, if we don't we move back. I don't settle for that.

Aside from the above, take it day by day, hr by hr, and make the best of the wrath, whatever it is. Take care my friends,

Cory

jillylin responded:
Hi Mimi,
late as usual. Can I blame it on the timezone difference ?

Not much happening this side of the duck pond, we are preparing madly for the Olympics next month. The torch comes through my home town next moth so I will go watch it.

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

Hugs
Jilly (UK)

nofibroreliefinsight responded:
Hi,
Im new here and wanted all the "regulars" to know that reading your posts has helped me somewhat
Ive finally been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by the 4th doctor my PMD has sent me to see!
Before this started almost 16 months ago....I had been working since I was 16 and have been healthy (minus a couple of broken bones when young) my entire life.
Im really at my wits end with these doctors and none of them listening to me or even acting like they care! I cant stand the pain much longer and my kids are getting tired of me always being in pain and not wanting to do anything wt
Anyone know of a GOOD doctor that treats Fibromyalgia near St. Louis, MO?
I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Robin

nofibroreliefinsight replied to nofibroreliefinsight's response:
Oops, apparently my keyboard is touchy today!

The sentence should read: I cant stand the pain much longer and my kids (I have 3 sons) are getting tired of me always being in pain and not wanting to do anything with them like I used to. They are all very active in sports.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.