Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thank you
marysings posted:
I just wanted to say thankyou to those who welcomed me back to this site. I had to hunt for my post - wow, this board is "fast". Maybe because there are soooooooooo many fm people. It's an awful and painful disease.

Anyway, we also are going to have temps in the 90s and humidity in the 70s. Yuck. I am so thankful for the central air!

And finally, at the age of 57, I am doing something good for me. I have tons of acne scars and my new dermatologist suggest I might think about a face peel. I did a lot of research and had session one on Friday last week. You should see me now! I would scare a small child with my face peeling like it is. She said I would peel as if I had a sunburn and she also said 'no picking the dead skin off', let it peel itself. Of course Medicare and my supplimental insurance are not going to pay anything for this, but I was pleasantly surprised at the low cost.

Well, it's going to be another long hot week Missouri...
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

booch007 responded:
Mary you are welcomed back home* anytime with the Fmily . Good for you to go for that peel.....I need a few renovations myself, but I am just trying to accept the Nana side of me now.

I just hate seeing in pictures the deep lines near the mouth, it makes me look as though I am frowning. . That is sad...

But I just can't do anything with it, good luck and I bet that NEW FACE is just going to make you feel so good!

The other thing, there is alot of humor in the aging process....gravity and all! .

Hugs, NancyB

marysings replied to booch007's response:
Booch007, I'm 57 and aging all the while protesting. Of course, it's hard to separate aging from fibro. hurt, hurt, hurt

But if you hear a woman screaming from the center of the USA - Missouri - it will be me protesting as other parts of me begin to fail.

Mary :-;
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

maryalc replied to marysings's response:
Good morning from Mary up in hot and humid Ohio. I will add that in our late 60's a friend of mine describes u.s as 3 U 's! I look a lot like the famous goddess in museums, so figure all is well. The aging seems easier to accept than the pain. This is interesting. I also am ever so gratefuL for th AC. We are having a very hot and dry summer so far. Not good weather for my body or spirit. I did enjoy the spring. Today I am hearing the birds chirp, and a dear friend is in town. Will focus on those joyful treats for Tuesday.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.