Skip to content
Met with Endocronologist-pointless
slovene54 posted:
So in addition to Fibro I also have Hypothyroid and PCOS. I recently did another thyroid test just to check levels and apparantly I am Hyperthyroid now. I met with endocronologist and all she did was lowered my pills. I kind of expected to be able to get more info or understanding of the hormone side of my issues. I haven't been right since fertility treatments. She just blew it off like it was normal. So Frustrated!! All I got at the end was make sure to lose weight and excercise. Kinda lost it at that point. I'm so freaking exhausted and sick and work full time and take care of toddler that I don't know how to do this!! Big Vent!! Thanks for reading!

Teelady1 responded:
I'm sorry you're disappointed and frustrated with the outcome of your Dr appt.

What if you were to take your results to another Dr and have a discussion with that Dr? Maybe even your own regular Dr? If he/she can't answer your questions and explain things, maybe they can consult with the endocronolgist?

slovene54 replied to Teelady1's response:
Thank you for your response! I did my normal test and another DR responded because mine was at vacation. I just thought maybe talking to a DR specialized in hormones might be able to give me more advice or understanding how all three of these conditions affect me. I'll talk to my reg DR when she is back. Love her!! She is the best Primary Dr I've ever had.

Anon_2912 replied to slovene54's response:
Fibro has NO relation to thyroid issues or your PCOS....

Find out what your TSH level was. Labs have different ranges. Also you need a T4 test done, if it is low then that is why you feel tired all the time, even if your TSH shows normal.

Anon_10089 responded:
I think most of us here have experienced not getting satisfying answers out of doctors. Dr. Pelligrino has talked about links between FM and hormones but unfortunately, but it's still not very well understood. I'm not surprised that your doctor didn't have the answers.

Sorry you're frustrated--it sounds like you're under a lot of pressure!

slovene54 replied to Anon_10089's response:
Thanks. Super stressed out. I'm eating healthier so hopefully I will lose some weight and maybe it will get easier.

booch007 responded:
I am hoping with the PCOS you are on Metformin? And that MD should have given you a bit more time. Is their a Nurse Practitioner in there to help you?

Endocrinology is so intertwined, but a doable explanation can be done. I am sorry you are having a bad fit here.

How about some physiology reading. Look up the thyroid and how precious it is...all that she does....(I am so sexist* all things that work hard are female in gender to me!)

Then keep reading at the connection with the other systems. Go to the library for a really good physiology book....it would be free to sit and read it, and it is so fascinating.

I once did a paper on the thyroid and the myriad of connections to the body....accolades and an A later. I knew I was in love with the BODY!.

Gee, good luck. Check on the N.P in the office to help....
HUgs, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.