Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****6/20/2012 ****Summertime ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC...where it is going to be another hot day....and for the next few days....but it is summertime...so this is expected...I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope that today will be a good day for us all...with little to no pain..

I am doing a bit better....but still have the back pain....I will be going to the doctor next week so I do hope that I will find out more about what is going on with me...

Gas prices are going down....of course, we are getting closer to election time....what else could it be? It is about time...under $3....OMG....can hardly believe this...and they say it is not connected to politics....right? I guess it is just meant to be...lol

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process though which does take time...they say it takes at least 6-8 weeks of doing whatever you decide to try before a person can really know IF what they are doing is truly helping them...

I know from my own personal experience that it took me a very long time when I started taking the Vitamin D....my level was 12 or 14....and I only took the high 50,000 iu for a short time...I do not think my doctor was comfortable giving me the prescription...I did my own research and continued to take it until my levels were within the normal range...this make a BIG difference in my level of pain...and I do encourage new members to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well...according to the medical researchers.

New members should also check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...plus there is all sorts of good information on this website...so much to read about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....plus other health issues as well.

Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine if you can. Get some of that natural Vitamin D...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Gas under $3??? You are SO lucky! Up here in CT it's still $3.60 a gallon. Sure hope those lower prices are headed our way.

The weather is nuts...Yesterday it was gray and chilly; today it will be 96 with a heat index of 104. We have no AC, so I've pulled the blinds in the bedroom and have two fans going. I am hoping to keep that one room below 85, but we'll see.

Because of this humidity, my leg is all swelled up. As soon as I stand up, my cast gets tight and my toes start going numb. Even my knee is swelled, and that is above the cast. I will have to sit quiet today and keep my leg up. The swelling can be such a pain.

Not much else to say---I'm going out to the shady side of the deck and I'm not coming back in! Hope everyone has a good day.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good First Day Of Summer everybody. I so love summer time and all the fun out of doors things one can do. So, I am so glad summer is finally here. Our little town is planing three downtown summer weekend events. The 1ST one is @ the end of this month, Next one mid July and then the last one in late August. At all three will be held in the downtown square where there will be lots of booths with crafts and food. Best of all live bands will play until mid night in the square. Every year the bands get better and the crowds larger.

Of course I'm looking forward to the next big holiday the 4TH of July. DH and I are heading up to Nashville where there will be parades, bands, street fairs, lots of great food booths and arts n crafts, live music and of it will be downtown next to the river and then @ 9 p.m. there is the 35 minute fireworks show. We go each year and each year it gets better.

I digress..I do hope each of you had a good yesterday. I hope your were able to get all those things you had planned done and behind you and that "IT" didn't take even one second away from you.

As for the 1ST day of summer weather: it's hotter today than yesterday, near 96 and today nearer 99. Tomorrow promises to be 100 but there is some rain chances on Friday that will cool us down to 89. I will be out in the heat today attending a neighbor's wedding and reception this a.m.and then running a few errands

Yesterday my yearly ENT exam showed I have a sinus infection caused by the cold I picked up while in Orlando, So I have to pick up a script or two that's waiting for me at the pharmacy. It's looking like ear drops and antibiotics for 10 days.

After the errands I'm rushing back to the cool of my house. Thankfully DH went out of his way a few years ago installing insulation in the basement under the flooring. Thought it a bit too much money at the time for the insulation, but it turned out to be a real cost cutting energy saver, putting money back in our wallet, for us over the years. The insulation keeps the first floor of the house so much cooler in the summer and I usually don't have to turn on the main downstairs AC's unit only the upstairs.

Angelswife, I am so sorry your leg is giving you more problems because of the humidity and I'm sorry the apartment is hot. I would have thought the landlord would have a main AC unit attached to his apartment complex. None of this is fair. I hope you have a better today and that the apartment doesn't get to hot. Sure wish I lived near by to help out. I will be thinking of you today,.

MiMi, glad you had a good day yesterday and that your stomach issue/ pain was less. I hope those symptoms ease even more and that you feel even better today.

Okay, will close this post here, get my cup of coffee made and get my day going. Wishing everyone a good day, a cool one where you are and a fibro pain and issue free day.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

greenwitch68 responded:
Hi All,
Awhile since I've been on. Dealing with some issues with my 20 year old son, he wants to leave school to start a business with some friends. Really stressing me out lots of arguing. He is so stubborn.
This hot weather here in Chicago is just GROSS. Haven't been really out outside in a few days.
My right arm is completely outta whack, it just hurts something awful. Being in the air conditioning isn't helping, but it is 93 here. I've fashioned an "arm warmer" out of two old socks, rubbed Tiger Balm all over my arm. Covered it with the socks, hope it works, because nothing else is. Can't do much of anything since I'm right handed. I hate feeling helpless
Pisses me off like no tomorrow.
Sorry to be such a complainer but this just STINKS.

I hope everyone is having a great week and feeling well.
I feel a little better myself now after venting. Thanks to all for always understanding.
Kath G

dollbug replied to greenwitch68's response:
Hello Kath....MiMi in NC...just wanted to add that you might try a heating pad on the arm....as I have also had issues with mine....

And as for the issues with your son....sometimes we have to just let them make their own choices and consequences....I know just how tough this can be....but once they reach 16 ....it is a hopeless effort....

Take care and good luck...

I hope you find something that will help you feel better soon.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

DakotaWilsonFM responded:
Hi All... Luck has it I am trying to fight back the tears... My pain hit and hit hard... My migraine is being very nasty again and I don't think my cutting back on the antidepressant is the greatest idea... we have cut it down twice now and I am gitterey... touchy... anxious and yeh... depressed... I am beginning to feel manic and think I am going to talk to my dr next week.. she is out of her office all the rest of this week... I called her but she hasn't called me... so I guess I am on my own to deal with it until next week... that is one thing about this place I have no choice but to go to... no where else is paid for in our state... they aren't too great at returning calls...

I am trying to stay calm... but when the pain hit I just about lost it... I took my other moody meds as my son calls them... and only hope I calm down... I sometimes have so little control over being depressed that I tell my dr I have to allow it to deal with it... fighting it just makes my nerves worse... so for a while I am going to be depressed which today is just greater then being sad... but safe enough with an up in my anxiety meds not to be too manic... I hope...

I find it hard not to be manic when I am in a huge amount of pain... even my fingertips hurt now... and to think an hour ago I was here feeling good... I am just not lucking out anymore... I haven't been manic for a long time... and even the anxiety hasn't been this bad... Maybe it is thinking about the trip and the excitement or nervousness of having Janet and Dommy here...

My mom and dad are having a rough time too... my oldest brother is very ill... and threatening to check himself out of the hospital when he can hardly get out of bed and is too weak to push a wheelchair or use crutches... I keep telling them he won't get far lol... but they say he is extremely upset... I tried to talk to him and he won't have it... just keeps telling me not to bother him... You can't help those who don't want helped... he has told mom to tell me to leave him alone so I guess I will... I wish he would let me be there for him... In the past 2 days he has found out he has bad trouble with his heart and liver now along with his previous kidney failure... plus bleeding ulcers in his stomach and intestines... and yeh they are fighting to keep him there and to treat him... I am really worried about my folks tho... they are at wits end...

well.. enough for me... gotta go get things done... and rest... you all take care...

soft and gentle hugs... love Jan/Dakota

greenwitch68 replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks MiMi. I think I will try the heating pad.
As for my son, you are right ,it is so tough to watch them struggle. And I do need to take a step back and allow him to make his own decisions. Funny how when both my kids were young, I used to think how easier parenting would be when they got older, HA!, my daughter is 24 and my son 20, and it is harder now. Just for the reasons you mentioned. But I have to hope that I raised them right and that some of my common sense has rubbed off on both of them.
Thanks and enjoy the rest of the day.
Kath G

mnjeepguy responded:
Hi everyone, I will be back here this evening, just a quick check-in. Here in Two Harbors we has 9, YES, 9 inches of rain since yesterday. It finally quit. It was definately a 100 year event. Duluth got 10 inches and had major damage, between here and there roads washed out and basements flooded everywhere! We are fine, damp floor down in the basement. It made www.msn.com right on the front page. The zoo was a disaster, they lost animals and the seals and a polar bear escaped and were later found. Be back later.

Cory

mnjeepguy replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello again,

Hang in there Jan, be strong, as I know you are. We have the worst flooding ever on record here today. It is crazy for our area. But I have heard of no fatalities and few injuries despite the mess. An 8 year old boys was swept down a storm drain and pulled out by a man a good distance away. He was scraped up but came out safe.

I have nothing worth mentioning tonight. Just thinking of others around me who have to deal with the water mess. Take care everyone, sleep well

Cory

fibrofran17 responded:
Dollbug, good morning. Just found out my D was at 6!!! (I have celiac disease and fibro)
Started taking the 50,000 last week, one a week till I see doc again. Can you say about how long it took to feel any results and
what other changes did you notice? ANY advice would be most welcome,
thank you
FibroFran

fibrofran17 replied to fibrofran17's response:
Hi Dollbug, me again, still figuring out how this site works so forgive me if I respond in the wrong place. thanks for answering about the D levels...Crazy as it sounds, I have just taken it for 2 weeks, and the next dayafter I take it I really feel better, then it fades after a day or so. But I can get a hint of what having that dose feels like even for a little while. I am so exhausted researching Everything myself, no insurance, relying on a very disorganized clinic for my 5 minutes a month. And then just as I think I have a handle on the info it changes lol. Again, thankyou and stop and smell the roses, sagebrush. smog lol wherever you are.

dollbug replied to fibrofran17's response:
You are fine....you will get the hang of this site...it does take a while....I am glad that you are already *feeling* a difference....you have to take it for a while for the Vitamin D level to get back up to where it needs to be...

Being exhausted.....well....I am too but I also have chronic fatigue....which I have NOT found anything to help yet....the doctor tells me there is *nothing* that will help this....but I continue to try to find something...

Hang in here with us on this site...and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* ...I am sure you will find other good tools that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....anything and everything....takes time...I also like to say allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to try before making up your mind as to whether or not what you are doing is truly helping you....

Take care and good luck...

You can go to any post and actually hit the reply button to post a reply....OR you can start your own new post by going to the top Orange Post NOW button....you will figure it out....

MiMi

Hi and welcome to our family... Please keep reaching out especially in your times of depression and pain... We are here and do know how you feel and where you are... We are not all the same... some things that work for me may not work for you... but I can offer myself to listen and that is something we all can do for you...

I guess you might say I am one of the lucky ones... I couldn't take most of the normal FM meds... cymbalta and lyrica and the others didn't get along with me... but I have more things wrong with me then just FM... Last count was 30 things wrong and I think they can stop counting now... My problems started 30 years ago... Like you I had dreams and 3 small children... and I had to struggle on my own... what I would have given for the support I have found here... but 30 years ago kids came first and not computers... lol...

It is hard when you feel the symptoms get as rough as it is right now for you... I understand long term pain... even before the FM was diagnosed I was in pain 24/7 somewhere... I was in and out of the wheelchair and in braces and on crutches... I can't remember how many times I had to start all over and learn to walk again... And no one could tell me why... no one could understand and even tho I was getting diagnosis's they were all just a part of the story... not enough was known to treat me so I got better without a lot of pain... taking medicine at 5:30 am... that way when my grandchildren come in to wake me they don't see all the pain...my pain never goes away totally but I can get it down to a dull roar some days... and at least I can move after the second dose of meds at 1pm... I usually have a few good hours till 4 or 5 and like clock work I hurt again...

I work on my inside and outs I always say... My inside is my acceptance and strength to carry on no matter what... I am plagued with manic depression and ptsd so I find a fight on a daily basis and it is a challenge to keep a positive attitude... but I find that my positive attitude and yes my inner strength keep me knowing my illnesses can't take the world away from me unless I allow it...

I can't do a lot of things I always dreamed of... I can't be a singer anymore but I can still love music... and my family still like my singing... I think they are a glutten for punishment... lol.. I can't hold my grandchildren in my lap but I can cuddle them in bed and love them to death... I can't do the dishes and clean house for my children who works so hard to care for me and be understanding... but I can be here for a soft hug... a hand to hold and someone to listen...

Find the things you can and are doing... You aren't worthless to your girlfriend and loved ones if you can accept them for who they are and accept their help and love even when they can't understand... My biggest problem isn't that they

Hi and welcome to our family... Please keep reaching out especially in your times of depression and pain... We are here and do know how you feel and where you are... We are not all the same... some things that work for me may not work for you... but I can offer myself to listen and that is something we all can do for you...

I guess you might say I am one of the lucky ones... I couldn't take most of the normal FM meds... cymbalta and lyrica and the others didn't get along with me... but I have more things wrong with me then just FM... Last count was 30 things wrong and I think they can stop counting now...

My problems started 30 years ago... Like you I had dreams and 3 small children... and I had to struggle on my own... what I would have given for the support I have found here... but 30 years ago kids came first and not computers... lol...

It is hard when you feel the symptoms get as rough as it is right now for you... I understand long term pain... even before the FM was diagnosed I was in pain 24/7 somewhere... I was in and out of the wheelchair and in braces and on crutches... I can't remember how many times I had to start all over and learn to walk again... And no one could tell me why... no one could understand and even tho I was getting diagnosis's they were all just a part of the story... not enough was known to treat me so I got better without a lot of pain... today and everyday I start Taking medicine at 5:30 am... that way when my grandchildren come in to wake me they don't see all the pain...my pain never goes away totally but I can get it down to a dull roar some days... and at least I can move after the second dose of meds at 1pm... I usually have a few good hours till 4 or 5 and like clock work I hurt again...

I work on my inside and outs I always say... My inside is my acceptance and strength to carry on no matter what... I am plagued with manic depression and ptsd so I find a fight on a daily basis and it is a challenge to keep a positive attitude... but I find that my positive attitude and yes my inner strength keep me knowing my illnesses can't take the world away from me unless I allow it...

I can't do a lot of things I always dreamed of... I can't be a singer anymore but I can still love music... and my family still like my singing... I think they are a glutten for punishment... lol... I can't clean and do dishes... never liked to... lol but I can watch my grandchildren and love them to death... playing games... talking... watching movies... I can't hold them but I can hug and cuddle them... I can't always be there the way I want to be for my loved ones but I can offer them unconditional love and acceptance... and I can make sure I tell them I love them every day... and show them in little ways I am here and care...

My biggest problem is occasionally I don't look like I have anything wrong with me... and some days I can't lift my head off the pillow... I have to accept that others care and want to be here for me... and you know what... that makes me important... and having one person tell me that I have touched their lives... makes me a bigger success then being a billionaire... So I have succeeded in life...

Helping others is my life's dream now... I hope this helps you... or someone else who needed it... It took me hours to type.... and I hope you don't miss it...

Remember... you have purpose... love that dear girlfriend of yours and those near you... Give them your soul and spirit... They will understand...

take care... soft and gentle hugs... love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.