Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****Roll Call ***New members too ***6/22/2012 **
dollbug posted:
TGIF***Roll Call ***yes....we are down to Friday again....MiMi in NC..where it has really been several summer hot days here....did I say it was HOT? OMG....what a start with summer we have had...hopefully it will be cooling down a bit...I thought I would be ok when it got hot...not so...what little bit of energy I had...well...it is none left now...I hate feeling this way....as I am still dealing with the issues that I have been....not a good thing for the mind or the body...

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I did sleep ok last night...but I woke up too early this morning and I did this all by myself...as I do not think anything had a hand in it...perhaps it is the weather...I do not know.

Welcome to the new members...each Friday we do have Roll Call...and we hope that you will find the time to check in and update us on whatever you have to share....

I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take time and effort to get a grip on how to cope with the wrath of the dragon....so hang in here with us...learn all you can and try different *tools*....there is something that will work for you...you just have to find it...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....so important for a lot of people these days...

Here is hoping everyone will have a good Friday....and a great week-end as well. Enjoy the sunshine if you can....and try to stay cool.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..
FirstPrevious12NextLast

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
It's a bit cooler here, but extremely muggy, with no breeze at all. The trees are hanging limp and the air is thick enough to chew. I feel like I'm gaining weight every time I inhale. I may park myself in the bedroom, in front of the fan, instead of going out on the deck. We'll see.

Not much to tell about---it's hard to find news when every day is the same, lol. I get up, eat, spend the day on the deck, crocheting and watching the birds. Nothing to complain about, of course, but I wouldn't mind being able to walk a bit better. I know it will come---I'm just in a plateau where I'm not seeing much visible progress. This too will pass.

Husband has an interview this afternoon for a temporary summer job, working with special needs kids. He has done that for years...We are keeping our fingers crossed. His regular company just lost one of their biggest contracts to a newcomer, and half the drivers at Husband's place are suddenly jobless. Not a good way to start the summer for sure. Now nobody knows what fall will bring. Everyone is upset, though, because the company knew it was coming but didn't tell anyone until the school year was over.

Now a question---does anyone know what RSD is? I have been told I have it in my ankle because of the nerve damage, but I'm not sure what it is. All I know is, it's a long, fancy name that I can't remember. Maybe it's just a medical way of saying I have nerve damage? I'd appreciate any enlightenment.

The trees look like they're trying to move a bit. Maybe I'll see how it feels on the deck before I decide to hide in the bedroom. Hope everyone has a good day!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday to everyone. I do hope you had a good yesterday and were fibro pain and issue free. Not always the case, but I do wish it those days for you.

MiMi, my DD's DH, a Marine Gunnery Sgt. has just gotten relocation orders, he's been in Hawaii for what seems like forever and he may be stationed at Camp Pendleton in CA or at Cherry Point, NC. My not knowing much about North Carolina, except it's beautiful, I wondered if you could tell me a bit about Cherry Point, if you happen to live near by there. You can message me, if you would, @ rudyandmouse@gmail.com . I'd really like to be up to point on what it's like there, as I'm getting the idea DD is going to tell me within the next few weeks she's pregnant with baby #4 . If that's the cause DH and I will be traveling to where she's at and staying there, hopefully helping with the new little one, quite a lot over the next few years. It will be nice to have here and the grand kids back on the Mainland.

MiMi, I am really sorry where you are is so hot, Hopefully our cool down weather will bring you a cool down over the next few days as well. We're down to only 91 today and by Monday we'll be in the high 80's with some rain chances. Not bad for this part of the country for late June. So I hope this cooler weather heads over to you after it leaves us.

Angelswife, I sent the yarn, a short note, I know hard to believe and the money order yesterday so it should show up where you are Monday. I can't wait to see what you chose to do with the yarn. It's so pretty. I can see all kinds of lovely patterns for it in my head. Let me know when the package gets to you and what you think of the yarn. I am sure you've seen prettier yarn than the one I chose, but I hadn't so I fell in love with it straight away.

My today will be slow. Got all the errands and things done yesterday with DH so nothing much left to ' have to do ' today. My bi yearly cleaning went well, still no cavities, but I have to brush an extra time each day because of plaque. I told the girl who dose my cleaning and knows me, that it must be something in the new diet that is causing the plaque to build up because you can see on my chart I never have much plaque. I digress: anyway I have to use a different mouthwash, Listerine Total Care. I was using their ADVANCE. And I have to figure out what the heck am I eating that's added something new for me to have to deal with. Jeez, it's always something. Ugh.

Gosh it's hard to believe it's gonna be the 4Th of July here pretty quick. I have no wish to hurry summer along as Spring and Summer are the months I love the most. Fall is pretty and then there's all the holidays from November to January, but spring flowers and colors along with summer's warmth and things to do outside are the best. So I hope that each day from now until September are really long and lazy so I can enjoy the heck outta um.

Speaking of getting along, I guess I've run out of things to post so will close this here..wishing each of you a good day.. a happy day and one that you do your way Gentle hugs to all, Linda R.

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning & Happy Friday! TGIF !!

Unfortunately, not a good night of sleep for me. Woke up many times either some tight muscles or a sore hip or just plain couldn't sleep!

I'm trying to lose some weight and I was happy to see a -1.2 lbs on the scale since I weighed last week. I'm hoping to see the same next week.

Not much planned for the weekend but to do some crocheting on a couple of baby blankets. The shower is in 2 weeks! I should be in good shape as I should be able to finish 1 of the 2 this weekend.

Sunny and a bit cooler and less humid here today! Yeah - I'd rather not have the 90s and humid weather we had earlier in the week.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and weekend with little or no pain - and GOOD sleep!

marysings responded:
Mary from Missouri -

This morning our air is HOT, impressively HUMID, and not a cloud in the sky. Our grass has turned brown. Our pond is 2feet lower. We water our tomatoes and flowers, hoping to keep them alive and well.

I hurt top to bottom today. Wonder if it's the humidity? I have a few projects I need to do today but I'm not sure if I have the stamina for them. My kitchen needs cleaning and the stuff that didn't fit into the dishwasher needs to be taken care of. I have some shirts to iron but doing that makes my back hurt even more. I would love to have a cleaning crew show up and do all these little things for me today.

I'm also struggling with depression. I know it go away soon, meanwhile, it's so hard to get motivated.

We are celebrating my husband's birthday on Sunday. Just us and the ladies who work for us in the store. I don't have the energy.

BTW, I've been taking VitD3 for about 6 years. My rhuemotologist suggested it.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

rudyandirmouse replied to marysings's response:
Hello Mary and Welcome to the FMily. Sorry your weather is so hot and dry. It's pretty much ditto here in middle Tennessee. But we aren't going brown as we've gotten enough rain over the past few months that we're green and looking very nice for June.

Am sorry that your are feeling so unwell today. I hope you are able to get those things you see and want done, done. I never let "IT"/ fibro symptoms, take my day away from me. My motto is: I can ALWAYS do those little things on those days I can't do the bigger ones.

As for the depression I do hope that you are able to put it aside and get motivated as you want to. I do however get depressed in the cooler, colder, snowy months. My depression breaker is Spring and Summer. Always a pick me upper. I love the flowers, colors, warm temps from April to September. I used to take medication for my seasonal depression but went off it 6 years ago after 3 years of using it and find that I can manage just as well now with out the pills.

I'll close this here by sending gentle hugs your way. Linda R

michmorn responded:
Happy Friday everyone. My name is Michelle. I'm from Canada and I'm new here. So far I have been loving this community..and received such helpful advice and info. It is only 16 degrees here, dark, cloudy...and we are expecting rain. For all of you who don't do well in this sort of weather....you can probably appreciate how I'm feeling today. Very sore and achey. We've had one of the worst Spring seasons on record and doesn't seem to be improving any time soon. Guess I'll have to make my own sunshine with a positive attitude. Wishing you all a wonderful and pain free weekend!

Teelady1 replied to michmorn's response:
Michmorn, welcome to the group! I sure hope that's 16 degrees C and not F - otherwise you must be in No. Canada!

I hope you get some real sunshine soon! In the meantime, I love your idea of making your own sunshine!

michmorn replied to Teelady1's response:
Hi again Teelady1!

Thank you for the welcome! Yes, I meant 16 degrees C actually down to 14 now and pouring rain.

Hope to see some sun again soon...but if not will make the best of it and try to just keep smiling even if I really want to cry.

Wonderful to meet you and I hope your day is as pain free as possible.

Old1now responded:
Hello Bad bad flare today. Very hot and extra long work and home management activity. I'm so tired and swollen-- legs and belly. The episodes of swelling have increased. How to pace when life not going well? It feels like everything is falling apart.

marysings replied to Old1now's response:
At the end of the day. Got my kitchen clean, finished the ironing.

Then I got a frantic call from my husband - the bank called and we were overdraft to the tune $800. I've been struggling with the store checkbook this year. Anyway, the mistake turned out to be his - he had a negative balance on the last stub of the page and he recorded a positive number on the next page. Of course when I pointed this out, he began to argue with me that it wasn't his fault, it was my fault when he asked me for the checkbook balance about a month ago. He would rather die than admit he is wrong. When I finished the checkbook, I picked up my purse and left. Didn't say anything, just walked out.

Tonight I am in a LOT of pain. Life just isn't fun anymore.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

mnjeepguy responded:
Today was not a wonderful day for me either. The sore back I was nursing completely self destructed. I can barely walk. If it's more than a few steps my hips and back just burn terribly. The only good thing about it is that I don't have a pinched nerve yet. I went in to the doctor to get some muscle relaxers to help loosen it up. I hope it goes away soon.

I have been a little better at listening to my body, but today I should have called in. I knew it was sore and needed a break, but I didn't have it in me to call in.

I hope each of you finds way to cope with all that we have to deal with every day. Never give up the quest to improve! Take care everyone, sleep well.

Cory

CrazyTaurensWife responded:
Good evening

It's been one of those up & down days today. I had a PT appointment this morning and the therapist said the muscles along my scar from the back surgery I had a few years ago are worse now than they have been any other time he's seen me. He did a lot of deep tissue massage and my body is *not* appreciating it yet. It'll loosen up and I'll start to feel better soon, but in the meantime I am soooo glad today is Friday.

I finished my last assignment for the semester and submitted it this afternoon. It felt so good to be DONE for the next couple of months! Tomorrow I'll start on the financial aid paperwork. I should have started it already, but my brain needed a break.

I hope you've all had a good day Meds are kicking in, so I'm off to bed.

~air hugs~

~Jessi

rudyandirmouse replied to CrazyTaurensWife's response:
Jessi, am really sorry you are having issues and pain from scar tissue. I know how that is as I have to have my scar checked each year for built up. My scar line does pain me some times but you seem to be hurting much worse than I have been. Do feel well and I hope your therapist can come up with a way to help you, without hurting you in the process.

Am so glad you've got your semester behind you now you have a few months to rest now.

Have you heard anything back on the Library opening and your chance of getting it? I have my fingers crossed for you! I have a dear dear friend back in the San Fernando Valley who is the director of a Library and know how much joy, and some headaches, the job is for her. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Feel better today, Gentle hugs, Linda R

rudyandirmouse replied to michmorn's response:
Hi and WELCOME to the FMily michmom from Canada
I LOVE your positive attitude!!

My name is Linda R and I'm so glad you've found this site. I am sure you will you will feel right at home with us in just no time at all. I've been on board here for nearly 3 years and have made many friends who, over the years, have helped me in so many ways with dealing with my fibro issues. I know you too will make many friends here and help many people yourself with supportive posts.

I'm sorry your part of the country, Canada, is over and gloomy.. plus so cold. I know everyone, almost everywhere, has had issue with the strange and unusual weather this past year. Having so much cold, and cloud cover with so many days of not much sun I wonder how many people who don't check their Vit D3 levels will find themselves dealing with D deficient medical issues. I hope your getting your D level checked and if their low I hope you are on a high D supplement.

Here in middle Tennessee, USA, where I live, just down from Nashville, it's been a warm and for the most part sunny Fall, Winter and Spring. Summer is looking to be hot and dry. Usual weather for our summer's are hot and muggy. So far this a.m. it's clear skies and 78 degrees of just dry heat. Will be 93 by 1 this afternoon. No complaints here tho cause there's lots of sunshine to keep my D levels up.

Let me close this here with, again, a big welcome to the FMily and I hope to see many post from you.
Linda R

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.