Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
July 4th - What Are Your Plans?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What are your plans for the upcoming national holiday? (Whether you're in Canada celebrating on the 1st or in the States celebrating on the 4th.)

Barbecue or picnic? What are some of your favorite foods for this celebration?

Do you like fireworks and will you be watching some this year?

Happy Independence Day or Canada Day!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jillylin responded:
We don't have July 4th celebrations as we are the UK but I always send greetings to my family in the US.
I think it sounds like a fun holiday though. Hope everyone has a great time.

Jilly in the UK

Randm2220 responded:
Usually we stay home and watch the fireworks near us. This year is different! I am finally to the point where I will socialize a bit so we are going to a friends house for a block party. My son is coming into town too! There will plenty of food, drink and fireworks.

My daughter is coming home the day after. We have not seen her since February! Too excited to have family time with both kids! We have not been together since December. My son want homemade pizza night and my daughter wants dinner around the camp fire. No phones allowed at the camp fire. All of us looking forward to that special time of relaxation and catching up.

Saturday brings a close family friends wedding. One of my sons high school friends is tying the knot. He was a constant in our house and is like another child to me. He refers me to me as his other mom.

Fun weekend ahead! I can't wait!

Kim

Teelady1 responded:
Caprice,

On July 4th, I'll be in Kohler, WI to watch the last practice golf of the Women's US Open (golf). The tournament begins on the 5th. I have tix for the 5th and 6th. Looking forward to watching the world's best women golfers.

Speaking of Canada and the 4th of July ... one of my fondest memories of the 4th when I was in Canada. I was vacationing with a friend and on July 3rd we were at Lake Louise and supposed to drive up to Jasper. But we got snowed in at Lake Louise (not a bad place to be snowed in at)! There was enough snow that fell on July 3rd to close the road between Lake Louise and Jasper. Apparently, the snow removal equipment (plows) were put away fot the summer and not available to clear the road!

We made it to Jasper on July 4th. That night the pianist in the hotel bar wished all the US guests a Happy Independence Day and played our National Anthem and we sang along!

A July 4th I won't forget!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to jillylin's response:
All I know is I love fireworks, Jilly, so whether I'm here in Canada or in the States, I'm hoping to catch some next week!

Thanks for the good wishes to all our American friends.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Randm2220's response:
Kim, that all sounds fantastic! You're gonna be bubbling over with happiness.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Teelady1's response:
That does sound memorable, Teelady! And you're right, Lake Louise is a pretty nice place to be snowed in at.

Enjoy the golf!

fibroinsd responded:
oh dear...no plans here...the last few years it has been early to bed and ignore all the hoopla...maybe I will try to think of something...I just got back from ten days away..so I need to get reorganized !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

angelswife responded:
Husband and I will be having our own fireworks in the back yard after we have a cookout on the deck. I am still in a cast so we can't really travel; but I will pass the time with my crochet projects. That will be fun enough.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to fibroinsd's response:
I hope the 10 days away were good for you, Cece! Good to have you back.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to angelswife's response:
Sounds like a nice afternoon/evening for you, Angelswife.

CLKWC1964 responded:
We will be barbecueing with family- bring on the ribs yummy. I just hope I am feeling better by Wednesday. Feeling super lousy today. Happy 4th everyone. Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday. Cat:0)

SriWilliams responded:
My family will be going to a parade, softball, and BBQ. We will finish the night with watch and lighting fireworks. I'm hoping and praying tomorrow is a good day and I hope I can keep up with everyone, because I have been in bed for a week and a half.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to SriWilliams's response:
I really hope you enjoy the day, SriWilliams! Try and pace yourself... you can go to those things but don't be afraid to say you need to rest or sit down for a while too.

KatmanduLou responded:
DH is working. I'm just hanging out and getting a few things done.
- My winter clothes are *almost* put away, and the summer ones are *almost* out of the cedar chest
- I'm working on a mailing for my class reunion this fall - 35 years!
- In between I'm knitting and might start reading "Eat Pray Love". (I saw the movie on a plane, and I know they edit them to death, but it looked good!)
- This morning's music album was "America" by the Boston Pops Orchestra.

Happy 4th!

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.